Sip and Sail

Birdieman1

There is a limit either way. Here is the AIBP info from the Princess website...

‡Free All-Inclusive Beverage Package applies to guests booked in a balcony stateroom or above, valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older. The All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $57.45 (US Dollars) per guest, per day and includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine up to $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks, with a pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items. The package includes the additional benefit of a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 (gratuity not included on wine bottles). A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply. Guests 1 & 2 who are under 21 will receive the Unlimited Soda & More Package. Package type will be assigned prior to sailing based on age of guest. In the event that the guest does not want the All-Inclusive Beverage Package, alternative OBC amounts have been designated. Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per guest. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per guest. Guests booking sailings 13 or more days can receive $250 per guest. Mixing and matching the All-Inclusive Beverage Package and OBC is not allowed on the same booking. Both guest 1 & 2 must choose the same amenity. All-Inclusive Beverage Package terms differ on all Sun, Sea and Majestic voyages and Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand. Package is only available on voyages 8 nights and longer. Price is $59 (AUD Australia dollars). All-Inclusive Beverage Package includes all individual beverages priced up to $10 with the exception of voyages in Aust/NZ ($14) and China ($7). ††Free Unlimited Soda & More Package is valid only for guests 3 & 4 per stateroom. The Unlimited Soda & More Package includes tumbler with straw, fountain soda by the glass, Root Beer in the can, malt and thick shakes at the ice cream bars only, hot chocolate, fruit juices and mocktails, with pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items. In the event that a guest does not want the Unlimited Soda & More Package, no substitutions will be offered. Beverage packages are applicable to voyages and cruise fares advertised in this promotion only and are not applicable during the land portion of cruisetours. Beverage packages do not include souvenir items (other than the tumbler for the Unlimited Soda & More Package), room service, vending machine or mini-bar items. Beverage packages may be used on a single voyage only, are not redeemable for cash at any point during the cruise and expire at the end of that voyage. Offer is not transferable, is not combinable with other select offers or other onboard credits and does not follow guests who change promotions prior to cruising.

We had a cruise already booked for October 2018 and I've been watching the fares pretty often in the event of a fare drop or promotion. . Got an e-mail about the Sip & Sail. Checked the fare and it's gone up $600 per person. So Princess is certainly recouping the cost of this drink package.

Yes you have to watch carefully, we are going on the Alaskan cruise this Sept. and booked it last August, and the Sip and Sail was included, and now looking at the same cruise for costs it is actually a little more than we paid without the Sip and Sail and also , so sometimes, not often, you get a fair deal, also on Cruise Critic I saw they were offering $150 more in shipboard credits for the 150 Anniversary year for Canada, I called Princess and they did give us the onboard extra credit of $150 even though the dates of our cruise didn't jive with the dates Princess posted, but once they offer it to someone else it was only fair to offer to other passengers, hope it would help you

There is a limit either way. Here is the AIBP info from the Princess website...

‡Free All-Inclusive Beverage Package applies to guests booked in a balcony stateroom or above, valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older. The All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $57.45 (US Dollars) per guest, per day and includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine up to $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks, with a pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items. The package includes the additional benefit of a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 (gratuity not included on wine bottles). A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply. Guests 1 & 2 who are under 21 will receive the Unlimited Soda & More Package. Package type will be assigned prior to sailing based on age of guest. In the event that the guest does not want the All-Inclusive Beverage Package, alternative OBC amounts have been designated. Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per guest. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per guest. Guests booking sailings 13 or more days can receive $250 per guest. Mixing and matching the All-Inclusive Beverage Package and OBC is not allowed on the same booking. Both guest 1 & 2 must choose the same amenity. All-Inclusive Beverage Package terms differ on all Sun, Sea and Majestic voyages and Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand. Package is only available on voyages 8 nights and longer. Price is $59 (AUD Australia dollars). All-Inclusive Beverage Package includes all individual beverages priced up to $10 with the exception of voyages in Aust/NZ ($14) and China ($7). ††Free Unlimited Soda & More Package is valid only for guests 3 & 4 per stateroom. The Unlimited Soda & More Package includes tumbler with straw, fountain soda by the glass, Root Beer in the can, malt and thick shakes at the ice cream bars only, hot chocolate, fruit juices and mocktails, with pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items. In the event that a guest does not want the Unlimited Soda & More Package, no substitutions will be offered. Beverage packages are applicable to voyages and cruise fares advertised in this promotion only and are not applicable during the land portion of cruisetours. Beverage packages do not include souvenir items (other than the tumbler for the Unlimited Soda & More Package), room service, vending machine or mini-bar items. Beverage packages may be used on a single voyage only, are not redeemable for cash at any point during the cruise and expire at the end of that voyage. Offer is not transferable, is not combinable with other select offers or other onboard credits and does not follow guests who change promotions prior to cruising.

And here is the fine print when I purchased my cruise for February 2018 under last years Sip and Sail promotion. Notice anything different.

I really wish Princess would just come out with a clear policy so we can be done with rumors and speculation.

All-Inclusive Beverage Package is applicable to voyages and cruise fares advertised in this promotion only, applies to guests booked in a balconystateroom or above, valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older, and is not applicable during the land portion of Land & SeaVacations. The All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $56.35 (US Dollars) per guest, per day and includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine upto $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks, with a pre-paid 15% gratuity included for theseitems. The package includes the additional benefit of a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 (gratuity not included on wine bottles). The All-Inclusive Beverage Package does not include souvenir items, room service, vending machine or mini-bar items. All-Inclusive Beverage Package includesall individual beverages priced up to $10 with the exception of voyages in Aust/NZ ($14) and China ($7).Guests 1 & 2 who are under 21 will receive theUnlimited Soda & More Package. The package will be applied to the cruise card pre-boarding in the form of a sticker. The package may be used on asingle voyage only, is not redeemable for cash at any point during the cruise and expires at the end of that voyage. Package type will be assigned prior tosailing based on age of guest. In the event that the guest does not want the All-Inclusive Beverage Package, alternative OBC amounts have beendesignated. Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per guest. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per guest. Guests bookingsailings 13 or more days can receive $250 per guest. Mixing and matching the All-Inclusive Beverage Package and OBC is not allowed on the samebooking. Both guest 1 & 2 must choose the same amenity. Offer is not transferable, is not combinable with other select offers or other onboard creditsand does not follow guests who change promotions prior to cruising.

I know it sure is funny how contracts change, to a lot of people they won't even notice it, however how would you feel if you order a drink and the waiter says, sorry sir you have reached your limit, that beer is $6.75, I know if I have to pay I will, but the Sip and Sail is misleading, always read the fine print. Hope at dinner we can have two dinner buns and not cut off at one, I'm sure the limit on alcohol is not not stop someone from getting overly happy and not safe as then they wouldn't offer you a limit of 15, just another cut back and I know a lot of people would laugh at this but let's face it, we will keep cruising and keep paying more

The above contract info pertains to the Sip and Sail promo. My mother leaves this week on a cruise and her purchased AIBP DOESN'T have a limit according to Princess. I was told that a limit might be coming in the future, but so far purchased AIBP isn't limited. I was also told that if one purchases the package before the rules go into effect, no limit would be placed. That's something I'd like to get in writing.

Hat is what we were told as well, here is the Skinny from Princess, originally Princess started an All Inclusive Beverage package telling all passengers over 21 staying in the same stateroom that they if one took the All inclusive beverage package then everyone had to take it as well, but hold on now, passengers said that I don't drink alcohol and why should I have to pay for it, and then Princess said ok you don't have to take it, so then Princess started to allow just one person in the stateroom to take the package, but low and behold people were sharing drinks, now is that a no brainer, of course people would do that. So here is the solving to this issue, when you buy the package or else receive the Sip and Sail, Princess now limits you to 15 drinks per day. So if you want to share go right ahead, and so the limitation begins. Not being too upset about it, just stating the facts and so you will know you won't be surprised. Although when you call Princess to ask this question they tell you the limit is 15 drinks, but I have also been told different

Includes specialty coffees - From Princess

Free All-Inclusive Beverage Package applies to guests booked in a balcony stateroom or above, valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older. The All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $57.45 (US Dollars) per guest, per day and includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine up to $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks,

Pam was responding to a question of whether the 15-drink limit includes nonalcoholic beverages, not what's included in the package.:)

Feelings aside, there are people that purchased a cruise based off of a promotion and the associated terms and conditions that accompanied it. To just "change the contract" could very easily be construed as bait and switch marketing.

People continue to report that they are "told" that there is a 15 drink limit now but this cannot be found in writing anywhere on the Princess website.

• The Terms and Conditions of the Sip And Sail promotion from 2016 has no mention of a limit.
  • The Terms and Conditions of the Sip And Sail promotion from 2017 mentions a limit but doesn't clarify what that limit is.
  • The Terms and Conditions of the AIBP from the Princess website today makes no mention of a limit.

It feels to me like Princess is intentionally being vague on the written Terms and Conditions in order to make it up as they go.

Regardless of how you feel about the amount of drinks a person can/should/shouldn't consume, the only real problem I see is that the verbiage says "A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply." This is too vague. It needs to be spelled out in writing beforehand (15, 20, ...) because I see problems at the bar when telling a person he's hit his limit when he wasn't aware. Ever try telling someone he's hit his limit, ugh.

On Carnival its spelled out and the bartenders let you know you're reaching your limit.

This is exactly the point. I am in no means an alcoholic this is on principle. One could only imagine is someone bought the coffee card possibly thinking it was unlimited and after 10 specialty coffees,they say sorry either you reached your limit or ran out of punches. One would only think that if you went to a bar and were pretty much wasted then they would say sorry, I'm sure we would all agree with that, so whether it is 15 or 20 or 25, who cares, just state the facts in the passage contract

Yes you have to watch carefully, we are going on the Alaskan cruise this Sept. and booked it last August, and the Sip and Sail was included, and now looking at the same cruise for costs it is actually a little more than we paid without the Sip and Sail and also , so sometimes, not often, you get a fair deal, also on Cruise Critic I saw they were offering $150 more in shipboard credits for the 150 Anniversary year for Canada, I called Princess and they did give us the onboard extra credit of $150 even though the dates of our cruise didn't jive with the dates Princess posted, but once they offer it to someone else it was only fair to offer to other passengers, hope it would help you

We are going to Alaska on the 15th out of Vancouver we have the sip and sail can we call Princess and get the $150 on board credit for the 150 year anniversary of Canada?

Yes for sure you can, I did it three days ago, we go to Alaska Sept. 13, our fiends got their $-50 this morning when they called and also for another of their upcoming cruises, Princess is now honouring already booked cruises, do not take no for an answer

Regardless of how you feel about the amount of drinks a person can/should/shouldn't consume, the only real problem I see is that the verbiage says "A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply." This is too vague. It needs to be spelled out in writing beforehand (15, 20, ...) because I see problems at the bar when telling a person he's hit his limit when he wasn't aware. Ever try telling someone he's hit his limit, ugh.

On Carnival its spelled out and the bartenders let you know you're reaching your limit.

Thanks for the clarification. I agree the terms should be in writing.

Edited by princess09
typo

We are going to Alaska on the 15th out of Vancouver we have the sip and sail can we call Princess and get the $150 on board credit for the 150 year anniversary of Canada?

We just did it this morning. And we aren't even from Canada......:D