Allure of the Seas Balcony or Suite

Balcony, + $900 Junior Suite, + $500 Grand Suite.

Which would you choose and why?

I haven't stayed in anything besides a balcony room FYI. I'm 17 cruise days away from Diamond if that means anything. Going on a 7 day cruise in September.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you can afford it go for the gs. The suite lounge and coastal kitchen are nice. Also you get a much larger room. On oasis class ships it is a very nice upgrade with some great perks.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

If you can afford it go for the gs. The suite lounge and coastal kitchen are nice. Also you get a much larger room. On oasis class ships it is a very nice upgrade with some great perks.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

What is the coastal kitchen?

Coastal Kitchen is a restaurant dedicated to JS and above suites. GS and above are offered breakfast, lunch and dinner whereas JS are offered only dinner. GS and above have access to the suite lounge with complimentary select wine, beer and sodas from 11A-11P.

We did suites to help accelerate our earning Diamond status, but now that we are Diamond we only do balconies unless there is a great deal on a suite.

You need 17 cruise days for Diamond. That would be one 7-day cruise in a suite plus one more cruise of 3 days or more. Or it will be at least 2 more 7-day cruises plus another 3+ day cruise. If obtaining Diamond as quickly as possible is a goal, then do a suite.

If you prefer to maximize the number of cruises you can enjoy with your vacation funds, do the balcony.

It is all about your budget. A grand suite is wonderful. You get all of the suite perks- plus more room which IMO is great! The bathroom has two sinks and a full sized bathtub. My DH enjoys a bathtub. It is more like a master bath then a small crowded bathroom. Access to the suite lounge is also a plus. A quite place to relax and enjoy a drink with your family The suite restaurant also a plus. The Jr. suite allows you access to the suite dining room for dinner which is also a nice perk. The Jr. suite is a good sized cabin with nice storage also. Not sure about the bathroom size in a Jr. Suite. Bottom line- do what you can afford. We have also had a Central Park view and been happy in that cabin albeit not huge.

We did suites to help accelerate our earning Diamond status, but now that we are Diamond we only do balconies unless there is a great deal on a suite.

You need 17 cruise days for Diamond. That would be one 7-day cruise in a suite plus one more cruise of 3 days or more. Or it will be at least 2 more 7-day cruises plus another 3+ day cruise. If obtaining Diamond as quickly as possible is a goal, then do a suite.

If you prefer to maximize the number of cruises you can enjoy with your vacation funds, do the balcony.

Do you get double points on junior Suite?

It is all about your budget. A grand suite is wonderful. You get all of the suite perks- plus more room which IMO is great! The bathroom has two sinks and a full sized bathtub. My DH enjoys a bathtub. It is more like a master bath then a small crowded bathroom. Access to the suite lounge is also a plus. A quite place to relax and enjoy a drink with your family The suite restaurant also a plus. The Jr. suite allows you access to the suite dining room for dinner which is also a nice perk. The Jr. suite is a good sized cabin with nice storage also. Not sure about the bathroom size in a Jr. Suite. Bottom line- do what you can afford. We have also had a Central Park view and been happy in that cabin albeit not huge.

It will be my boyfriend and I. I put the prices up to show the difference in price between the three. Either are fine in terms of price for us. We like to take a drink back to our balcony and relax bit sit at a bar so we don't think we'd use the lounge. We will have the drink package.

Just seeing if the value is there between the price jumps

Double points for Jr. suites. If you are not interested in the lounge, I would suggest you not spend the money for a Grand Suite. Jr. Suites are much larger than balcony rooms, have a larger bathroom with tub and a huge walk-in closet. Balcony cabins on Oasis class ships are noticeably smaller than those on Voyager and Freedom class ships, FYI.