Self-service laundry Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin

Does anyone know of any self-service laundries in these places? I would prefer one where I could drop stuff off to be picked up later in the day.

Thanks in advance.

'These places' are actually cities. I am quite sure there are hundreds if not thousands, of self service laundries in all of them. Even ones where you can drop off your 'stuff' and pick it up later.

Depending where the ship docks in these ports there may be absolutely nothing nearby let alone a laundromat. But I assume you are travelling on a cruise ship. Some have self serve laundries on nearly every deck that are reasonably priced. You could do your laundry yourself or pay for it to be done onboard. They even collect and deliver door to door.

It would help to know what ship you are going on as that can determine where you will dock or whether it's a tender port.

However for Cairns - http://www.thelaundryexpress.com.au/ It looks like it's about five blocks from the cruise terminal.

Darwin hasn't anything close by.

In Brisbane smaller ships dock at Portside, larger ones dock at Fisherman's Island. There isn't anything useful near either of those.

I often drop off my laundry to local laundries and collect it at the end of the day .I have done so in many South Pacific and NZ ports and it also helps the local economy . We mostly travel RCI ( so no laundry) People with 2 or 3 kids would really battle to do any washing in cabin and it would cost them a fortune ( more than the value of the kids clothes) to send it to the ships laundry . I am sorry I can't help you with the QLD ports but I usuall Google and then check out the proximity to the wharf

The ship would really be key as some will have the self service laundries and others do not.

For Brisbane, some will dock at Portside with the Peerless Dry cleaners - 86 Charlton St, Ascot QLD 4007, it is approx 1km away (near Eagle Farm racecourse) while other ships will be at the Grain terminal with absolutely nothing near by.

For Cairns, some will dock right in town with a laundromat 100m away with the Cairns - South Pacific Laundry - 13-17 Dutton St, Portsmith QLD 4870 and others tender to Yorkey's knob and then shuttle bus into Cairns.

For Darwin if they dock near the Waterfront area/Stokes wharf area the laundromat is approx. 500m away, the Darwin City Laundromat - 84 Mitchell St, Darwin City NT 0801.

The ship would really be key as some will have the self service laundries and others do not.

For Brisbane, some will dock at Portside with the Peerless Dry cleaners - 86 Charlton St, Ascot QLD 4007, it is approx 1km away (near Eagle Farm racecourse) while other ships will be at the Grain terminal with absolutely nothing near by.

For Cairns, some will dock right in town with a laundromat 100m away with the Cairns - South Pacific Laundry - 13-17 Dutton St, Portsmith QLD 4870 and others tender to Yorkey's knob and then shuttle bus into Cairns.

For Darwin if they dock near the Waterfront area/Stokes wharf area the laundromat is approx. 500m away, the Darwin City Laundromat - 84 Mitchell St, Darwin City NT 0801.

Thank you - this is exactly what I was looking for.

If you tender to Yorkey's Knob, Cairns, we have used the free laundry at the Yacht Club where you are dropped off.:)

Interesting, we love Yorkeys and often have lunch there when in Cairns. We tender off Yorkeys next Feb on Radiance Top End cruise. So where exactly in the club is this laundry?

Interesting, we love Yorkeys and often have lunch there when in Cairns. We tender off Yorkeys next Feb on Radiance Top End cruise. So where exactly in the club is this laundry?

It was 10 years ago, on our first RCI cruise.

Sea you on Radiance, Top End cruise.:)

Cheers