Drinks in Windjammer

First cruise and wondering when eating in the Windjammer do you get table service for drinks. I am not meaning the free ones more like wine

Not consistent. The bar servers used to come by frequently, but since the drink packages have become popular, not so many bar servers come by.

Pretty much depends on which ship. Some do, some don't. Last year on Serenade there were many instances of waiters walking around selling small bottles of wines in the buffet. Never have seen that on other ships. On Liberty a couple of months ago, a few nights wait staff would ask if we wanted bar drinks. That was not the case when we formerly sailed Liberty.

What ship are you on? On Voyager there was a large built in bar at the front of the Windjammer, and a smaller temporary one they set up at the back. So it was easy to grab a drink, but they did also have servers coming around. This was out of Sydney last March and the summer before.

We haven't been on Explorer yet but expecting the same set up when we're on her next summer.

What ship are you on? On Voyager there was a large built in bar at the front of the Windjammer, and a smaller temporary one they set up at the back. So it was easy to grab a drink, but they did also have servers coming around. This was out of Sydney last March and the summer before.

We haven't been on Explorer yet but expecting the same set up when we're on her next summer.

Sailing on Radiance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very hit and miss.

On my last cruise there was one time where the wait staff were going around taking people's orders. Dropped of a load of drinks to the table opposite us, asked the table behind us if they wanted a drink - which they ordered just the one. The wait staff then turned around to us, picked up three empty glasses off our table and then walked away, before we had a chance to even say "excuse me" they were well gone.

Sailing on Radiance

There is a bar in the Windjammer on the Radiance.

There are lots of people walking around to get you free drinks and clean the tables. They are all so friendly. I am guessing that they would be willing to get you a drink from that bar.

But if not, it's not a long walk.

(for any "old" Radiance cruisers, if you are wondering where this bar is: it's where Rita's was. Rita has left the building;) )

... (for any "old" Radiance cruisers, if you are wondering where this bar is: it's where Rita's was. Rita has left the building;) )

Excellent! Now if they would only do that on the other Radiance class ships.

Excellent! Now if they would only do that on the other Radiance class ships.

Agreed! Thanks for the update Carol, when I was on Radiance it was Rita's crab shack and was completely deserted!

Not consistent. The bar servers used to come by frequently, but since the drink packages have become popular, not so many bar servers come by.

My last 3 cruises, which would be Adventure, Majesty, and Oasis, they came around frequently on the first day at lunch, then afterwards you wouldn't see them nearly as much and had to walk to the bar.

My last 3 cruises, which would be Adventure, Majesty, and Oasis, they came around frequently on the first day at lunch, then afterwards you wouldn't see them nearly as much and had to walk to the bar.

Same here on MJ. I took a beer into WJ for lunch and when I set it aside (empty), server asked if I would like another one.

First cruise and wondering when eating in the Windjammer do you get table service for drinks. I am not meaning the free ones more like wine

On the freedom last week, lots of service in the Windjammer and yes would get u alcohol or what ever you requested. Also a bar at the front. Found them very helpful.