? Regarding Drink Package, Gratuities, Laundry, etc

thepoint

After numerous HAL cruises (3 star mariners) we switched to Celebrity for various reasons. One was that I didn't feel we were getting our money's worth from HAL. We always booked a Neptune Suite with HAL. For booking a suite with HAL we received free laundry, breakfast in Pinnicale and the Neptune lounge.

We have four cruises with Celebrity and already have Elite status. However, with a suite, we receive the premium beverage package, paid gratuities, internet, private dining for suite guests for all meals and Michael's club. Becoming Elite we receive free laundry and internet time regardless of room.

So, in thinking about returning to HAL for the itinerary. I have looked on the HAL site and cannot find the answer to my questions. Does HAL offer special amenities for suite guests - drink package, a separate dining room for suite passengers, what makes booking a suite worth the cost? When I was part of the HAL community people said booking a suite only gave you a larger cabin. Is this still the case? Thank you for your help. (By the way we loved our cruises with HAL, our favorite was a 20 day Mediterranean cruise. I am not saying anything bad about HAL, I am looking for a reasons to return knowing that we would book a suite.)

After numerous HAL cruises (3 star mariners) we switched to Celebrity for various reasons. One was that I didn't feel we were getting our money's worth from HAL. We always booked a Neptune Suite with HAL. For booking a suite with HAL we received free laundry, breakfast in Pinnicale and the Neptune lounge.

We have four cruises with Celebrity and already have Elite status. However, with a suite, we receive the premium beverage package, paid gratuities, internet, private dining for suite guests for all meals and Michael's club. Becoming Elite we receive free laundry and internet time regardless of room.

So, in thinking about returning to HAL for the itinerary. I have looked on the HAL site and cannot find the answer to my questions. Does HAL offer special amenities for suite guests - drink package, a separate dining room for suite passengers, what makes booking a suite worth the cost? When I was part of the HAL community people said booking a suite only gave you a larger cabin. Is this still the case? Thank you for your help. (By the way we loved our cruises with HAL, our favorite was a 20 day Mediterranean cruise. I am not saying anything bad about HAL, I am looking for a reasons to return knowing that we would book a suite.)

Booking a Neptune Suite - the amenities are pretty much the same as they were before when you sailed HAL. So,the Neptune Lounge, Pinnacle Grill,free laundry, pressing & drycleaning, delivery of munchies,etc. They have added some additional Elemis products, coffee maker and Bose speaker and some ships have gotten the new Suite look.

There is no drink package, free internet, etc on HAL.

So, perhaps you should re-consider booking the Neptune Suite and look at another category if the perks and space don't offer value?

If you are on a ship which has Signature Suites, you can always book those and hope for an upsell offer to get the Neptune suite at a reduced price. Just a thought.

Those booking Neptune Suites accrue double days towards Mariner rewards; not saying those are what you are looking for but it's part of the NS perks. The 3 Star Mariners get 25% discount on wine packages; the 4 Star and up get 50% discount on wine packages. m--

Those booking Neptune Suites accrue double days towards Mariner rewards; not saying those are what you are looking for but it's part of the NS perks.
Signature and Vista suites get the double credits as well.

I am an avid 5 star HAL cruiser who only sails in Neptune suites. If I had what you quote here.....I would switch to Celebrity in a heartbeat! Checking now....

"We have four cruises with Celebrity and already have Elite status. However, with a suite, we receive the premium beverage package, paid gratuities, internet, private dining for suite guests for all meals and Michael's club. Becoming Elite we receive free laundry and internet time regardless of room."

Does HAL offer special amenities for suite guests - drink package, a separate dining room for suite passengers, what makes booking a suite worth the cost? When I was part of the HAL community people said booking a suite only gave you a larger cabin. Is this still the case? Thank you for your help. (By the way we loved our cruises with HAL, our favorite was a 20 day Mediterranean cruise. I am not saying anything bad about HAL, I am looking for a reasons to return knowing that we would book a suite.)

Almost all HAL promotions give more perks to suite customers. If you wait 2 or 3 weeks, Explore 4 will be starting, which will offer a drink package, paid gratuities, a free PG dinner, and either OBC or Internet Credit, I can't remember which.

I am an avid 5 star HAL cruiser who only sails in Neptune suites. If I had what you quote here.....I would switch to Celebrity in a heartbeat! Checking now....

"We have four cruises with Celebrity and already have Elite status. However, with a suite, we receive the premium beverage package, paid gratuities, internet, private dining for suite guests for all meals and Michael's club. Becoming Elite we receive free laundry and internet time regardless of room."

We are HAL cruisers 4-star and Elite on Celebrity due to a foray into RCCL many years ago. We were disappointed with the Elite laundry service on our last Celebrity cruise in 2016. You get coupons for 4 laundry bags per cabin, if I remember correctly, 2 folded only and 2 on hangers (it is stated on the coupon). Well, we used one folded coupon and got folded, then one hanger coupon and got ironed items on hangers. Great. Then we used a folded coupon and got hangers (whoops). So when we wanted the last bag on hangers (but we only had a folded coupon), we wrote a note about the mix-up, hoping to get hangers, but the dress shirts were folded. Not pleased. HAL does not make it that complicated, plus you can send an unlimited number of bags throughout the cruise in any cabin with the 4-5 star perk.

Edited by PSR

We had to book a Royal Suite on Celebrity just to get a king bed, and the fare was substantially higher than our Neptunes. Your list of standard Suite amenities describes Royal and above. They do the same thing as HAL and offer drink packages as part of promotions for the lower priced suites. I also hate the sleazy way X classifies their popular cruises to avoid offering the promo perks, i.e., they sail back and forth repeatedly every winter between Abu Dhabi and Singapore, both Asian ports, and call them "repositioning" cruises to exempt them from their promos.

It use to be that only Royal and Celebrity suites receives the amenities. That was changed and now all suites include the amenities and participation in Michaels Club. I know in reality it is included in the cost. But at least it makes me feel like I am getting something for my money.

You are absolutely right, nothing beats the laundry service from HAL. I also think the buffet was slightly better on HAL, but love Lumina on Celebrity (private dining) for suites.

I'll check out the Explorer 4 promotions when it comes out.

We are HAL cruisers 4-star and Elite on Celebrity due to a foray into RCCL many years ago. We were disappointed with the Elite laundry service on our last Celebrity cruise in 2016. You get coupons for 4 laundry bags per cabin, if I remember correctly, 2 folded only and 2 on hangers (it is stated on the coupon). Well, we used one folded coupon and got folded, then one hanger coupon and got ironed items on hangers. Great. Then we used a folded coupon and got hangers (whoops). So when we wanted the last bag on hangers (but we only had a folded coupon), we wrote a note about the mix-up, hoping to get hangers, but the dress shirts were folded. Not pleased. HAL does not make it that complicated, plus you can send an unlimited number of bags throughout the cruise in any cabin with the 4-5 star perk.

We had similar thing happen on =X=. The butler did take care if it, everything pressed and on hangers in about 15 minutes.