Mayweather vs Conor fight and cruise

Do we think this fight will last longer than a round? $100 for one round of a boxer boxing against a non-boxer, would seem to be a bit pricy. :halo:

You waste your money how you please, that is what is so great about the world....

JC

Do we think this fight will last longer than a round? $100 for one round of a boxer boxing against a non-boxer, would seem to be a bit pricy. :halo:

You waste your money how you please, that is what is so great about the world....

JC

I would also look into using a VPN, as streaming services might see the ship's IP address as out of their service area.

I usually use ExpressVPN and it works well when traveling abroad.

George, I was thinking the same thing. That might show the fight at the bar or something. This is my first cruise so will find out.

Kind of doubt they show any live pay per view stuff on the ship.

When I was on Freedom back in May of 2015 they showed the Mayweather vs Pacqiao fight on one channel and the big screen by the pool. I was surprised as well. Glad I didn't pay for that stinker of a fight.

Ok, why is the forum software censoring the correct spelling of ********? PACK E OW. Must be a cuss word in some other language.

JC

It will last longer than a round. If Mayweather does his usual thing Conor will get gassed chasing him, but that won't happen for at least a couple of rounds.

I'll be on Harmony on the 26th. Hope that they show it.

• 1 month later...

I just got off the Royal Caribbean Allure Of The Seas. As I was leaving my room I asked the attendant and he said they were going to play the fight tonight on the big screen on deck. I didn't verify that with the CS desk. Deck of a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean with a bunch of new friends sounds like a great place to watch the fight :-)

When I was on Freedom back in May of 2015 they showed the Mayweather vs Pacqiao fight on one channel and the big screen by the pool. I was surprised as well. Glad I didn't pay for that stinker of a fight.

Ok, why is the forum software censoring the correct spelling of ********? PACK E OW. Must be a cuss word in some other language.

We saw same fight on Navigator I just watched the end in the Pub , they only announced that it would be on TV on day of the fight

We are on the Liberty now and asked a couple days ago if they would be showing the fight at guest services. They said no, they do not show pay per view events on the ship. I think my husband will check on the air tonight to see if it is on and the employee he talked to was misinformed. He would be happy if that is the case.

We are on the Liberty now and asked a couple days ago if they would be showing the fight at guest services. They said no, they do not show pay per view events on the ship. I think my husband will check on the air tonight to see if it is on and the employee he talked to was misinformed. He would be happy if that is the case.

How would RCI make money on this event?

RCCL showing something like the fight is just a nice little extra perk ,, they did not make any money off it , same as all of the other entertainment on a cruise

It would cost RCCL huge $$$$ to pay for the rights to show this. The commercial cost is charged per location and based on estimated attendance.