Radiance of the Seas room question

Planning early for an Alaskan cruise in late 2019. It is a family trip celebrating two college graduations - 8 adults and 3 children (ages 3, 5 and 7 at the time of the cruise). I previously cruised on Radiance of the Seas in 2009 in a hump cabin. I really enjoyed the cabin.

Which would you prefer?

Go with 4 hump cabins on deck 8 or 9 (only if we get a northbound cruise)

Go with 4 cabins on the very back of the ship on deck 8 or 9

Get two 2-bedroom suites one on deck 8 and one on deck 9 (putting the two couples with children together in one and the childless couples in the other).

Planning early for an Alaskan cruise in late 2019. It is a family trip celebrating two college graduations - 8 adults and 3 children (ages 3, 5 and 7 at the time of the cruise). I previously cruised on Radiance of the Seas in 2009 in a hump cabin. I really enjoyed the cabin.

Which would you prefer?

Go with 4 hump cabins on deck 8 or 9 (only if we get a northbound cruise)

Go with 4 cabins on the very back of the ship on deck 8 or 9

Get two 2-bedroom suites one on deck 8 and one on deck 9 (putting the two couples with children together in one and the childless couples in the other).

How much do you want to be together?

Merion Mom. That made me laugh out loud here at work. That is a good question. Sharing rooms works out well as long as I put my two boys' families together in one room and my daughter's family with me. We shared two rooms on our last Disney trip. The only new ones in the equation would be my SO's kids (the 5 and 7 year old). My granddaughter will be 3.

I have heard that the rooms in the back of the ship are amazing, but I LOVED the view from my hump cabin balcony. Watching the gorgeous waterfalls as we drifted by, seeing the eagles fishing right off our balcony, viewing the whole glacier as they made it calve. I'm just not sure I will enjoy it as much if we are watching it all as we are leaving it behind. My oldest son spent 5 years in the Navy, and he is finally willing to get back on a ship. I really want it to be spectacular for his graduation present.

The suites would be nice, because it seems like they have extra room (my kids are over 6 feet and enjoy their extra space). The balcony appears to wrap around to the side, but I'm not sure that still gives an awesome view.

Merion Mom. That made me laugh out loud here at work. That is a good question. Sharing rooms works out well as long as I put my two boys' families together in one room and my daughter's family with me. We shared two rooms on our last Disney trip. The only new ones in the equation would be my SO's kids (the 5 and 7 year old). My granddaughter will be 3.

I have heard that the rooms in the back of the ship are amazing, but I LOVED the view from my hump cabin balcony. Watching the gorgeous waterfalls as we drifted by, seeing the eagles fishing right off our balcony, viewing the whole glacier as they made it calve. I'm just not sure I will enjoy it as much if we are watching it all as we are leaving it behind. My oldest son spent 5 years in the Navy, and he is finally willing to get back on a ship. I really want it to be spectacular for his graduation present.

The suites would be nice, because it seems like they have extra room (my kids are over 6 feet and enjoy their extra space). The balcony appears to wrap around to the side, but I'm not sure that still gives an awesome view.

The RFS on Deck 7 is not as desirable as many other similar suites on other ships. The balcony is not very large. The space is somewhat oddly shaped and both bedrooms are interior - no windows.

You still get your gold seapass cards and all the privileges that come with that.

Curious why you'd only want the hump on a Northbound?

Port side hump on Radiance Class ships is split by the elevator banks and glass, so the only side to get 4 together would be starboard. Starboard would face land on the northbound route.

On Radiance the northbound Alaska itinerary we've had and enjoyed #1100, #9256 & #8168...Love the afts for Alaska.

Also there is nothing wrong with a hump cabin regardless of north/south the views are all around you...had great views too from our near hump #1050.

We had a stern balcony on Radiance for our Alaska cruise, and it was amazing!

What cabin number was this on the Radiance of the seas?

We have Radiance AFT cabins 9660 and 9258 booked for next April. New Zealand [emoji4]

What cabin number was this on the Radiance of the seas?

We have Radiance AFT cabins 9660 and 9258 booked for next April. New Zealand [emoji4]

Since there's only one cabin in between the two of your's I would keep checking...you have plenty of time....even though the divider's can't open it would still be nice to be right next door.... you'll love these aft cabins.

Port side hump on Radiance Class ships is split by the elevator banks and glass, so the only side to get 4 together would be starboard. Starboard would face land on the northbound route.

Thank you for explaining that waaaaayyyy better than I could figure out how to.