Specialty Dining with Beverage Package

sheff29

we booked Qsine for one of our nights. i was under the impression our prem bev package would be in effect for this. however, i saw this in the fine print.... can anyone confirm?

Specialty Restaurants

All cover charges are per person. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability, and reservations are non-transferable. Additional items such as beverages, menu supplements, food and wine pairings and gratuities are not included.

Yes, you can use your beverage package - everywhere. What they're saying here is that your restaurant cover charge doesn't include beverages. So if you don't have a beverage package your cocktails, wine, soft drinks are extra.

Having never eaten in a Specialty Restaurant, after many cruises I am considering giving it a try. I have the beverage and prepaid gratuities package. After reading OP's post, I had same question about beverages ... all have answered, thank you. Another question ... is it customary to leave gratuity based on US restaurant standards ... I.e., 20% for outstanding service of total cost for nondiscounted dinner (even if price garnered was a 2 for 1 or 30% discount), or does my prepaid gratuities cover it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Prepaid gratuities do not apply to specialty dining, (nor to spa services, and babysitting services, beverage service outside the beverage package, concierge services, tour guides and bus drivers among others). They cover your stateroom attendant and dining room staff, whether that dining room is the MDR, Blu or Luminae.

The specialty dining fee includes some gratuities to the servers there, but many people chose to supplement that when they have received excellent service.

Edited by WestLakeGirl

The specialty cover charge includes a standard gratuity for the staff. I generally add $10 to $20 to the receipt I sign as I generally order something with table side prep. Of course this is entirely a personal matter and no extra is expected/required.

The gratuity is pooled with all wait staff in that restaurant.