arrival appointment time - when is the option available?

Bevv

We are Diamond. Do we still have to pick a check in time? This is the lst time I have ever had check ins (cruising on 9/23) so don't know the guidelines. TIA.

I'm Platinum and went through a port with Staggered Check In last year (Barcelona, not that it matters cause I think they all work the same). Yes, us Platinums and Diamonds do have to select a check in time but we can show up whenever we want (for example, we can still arrive at 10am even if we picked a 3pm check in time). :D

Can y'all clarify something for me? We sail in Oct. out of Jax. I have F2F. I chose the earliest arrival slot of 1:00-1:30. Called customer service to see about an earlier arrival. She said 12:30 is the earliest for that port, that day.

My question is, does my chosen arrival time need to be followed Bc we have F2F? Part of why we got it was so we didn't have to wait long.

Thanks.

Can y'all clarify something for me? We sail in Oct. out of Jax. I have F2F. I chose the earliest arrival slot of 1:00-1:30. Called customer service to see about an earlier arrival. She said 12:30 is the earliest for that port, that day.

My question is, does my chosen arrival time need to be followed Bc we have F2F? Part of why we got it was so we didn't have to wait long.

Thanks.

You answered your own question............arrive early

That's kind of how I feel about it too. I'm one of the non-priority passengers who will probably always want an early time, so will hope I catch them early enough to get one. But as others have explained to me, they really do want everyone (including priority passengers) to pick a time that corresponds with the time you're actually going to arrive at the terminal. Just to keep the process running as smoothly as possible. With that said, I agree with another poster. If you'd rather leave an earlier time slot open for those without priority, you could always purposely pick a later time. And let me just say, I really do appreciate you thinking of us non-priority passengers like that. That's a breath of fresh air.

Thanks OC:D

We sail on the Pride on December 31. I was able to select our arrival time today without completing the full online check in process. Picked 1:30pm because we are driving in and there's usually traffic on I95...this way we have some cushion.

I have a cruise booked for Feb 5th. It is not giving me time slots in the arrival appointment time area. Since Galveston has staggered arrival time, arrival time has to be pre-scheduled. Should that option be available now or closer to the boarding date?

I'm platinum and I've never been unable to pick my time immediately after booking. I think from the sounds of it Carnival is opening up time slots based on VIFP status and perhaps holding some slots back for late bookers. In the past couple years, I've booked anywhere from a couple months in advance to 8 months or so in advance and I've always been able to pick my time upon booking.

I'm speculating this is going to be one of the impending changes to the VIFP program. I think they are testing it now without telling us.

Is there staggered check in at Port Canaveral?
I read that staggered check in had started at Port Canaveral in January 2017.

We sail from Canaveral - For our December cruise ... times were available about 200 days ahead..... I assume that means they do have staggered check-in :)

We sail from Canaveral - For our December cruise ... times were available about 200 days ahead..... I assume that means they do have staggered check-in :)

My cruise in December that is 150 something days out, still doesn't have times out there yet...how odd...it almost makes me wonder what I am doing wrong!!!

We are Platinum and have never been through this process either.

From what I hear, yes, we must pick a check in time, but it MOOT as we are VIP and check in and board after Suites.

Actually, the boarding order is weddings, Diamond, Platinum, Suites and then FTTF followed by the numbered groups.

I think it's nuts that we VIPS have to select a time. I feel as if I'm taking a spot away from someone as the time is still moot to me.:cool:

I just choose the time closest to the time we actually plan on arriving. So, we are not taking those early spots away from those who like to get there early and sit in the terminal for hours.

We like to arrive about 15 minutes before the time they usually start boarding.

By the time we get through Security and Priority check in they are usually calling our group to board. It has worked like a charm our last 4 cruises.