arrival appointment time - when is the option available?

Bevv

I have a cruise booked for Feb 5th. It is not giving me time slots in the arrival appointment time area. Since Galveston has staggered arrival time, arrival time has to be pre-scheduled. Should that option be available now or closer to the boarding date?

As mentioned, six months ahead of departure seems to be the "guideline" for availability of the check-in time slot. Given the OP's sail date, I would think sometime in August it would be available but would advise they keep checking because it could be sooner.

We are Diamond. Do we still have to pick a check in time? This is the lst time I have ever had check ins (cruising on 9/23) so don't know the guidelines. TIA.

We are Platinum and have never been through this process either.

From what I hear, yes, we must pick a check in time, but it MOOT as we are VIP and check in and board after Suites.

Check in appointments just became available for our Christmas cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We cruise in January, and nothing yet.

I have a cruise booked for Feb 5th. It is not giving me time slots in the arrival appointment time area. Since Galveston has staggered arrival time, arrival time has to be pre-scheduled. Should that option be available now or closer to the boarding date?

Just keep checking.

We are Platinum and have never been through this process either.

From what I hear, yes, we must pick a check in time, but it MOOT as we are VIP and check in and board after Suites.

It's moot, you are correct. In fact (from what I hear- not a VIP yet!) if you don't pick a time they'll just assign one to you, since as you said, you can really show up any time.

Can anyone here confirm what happens if you fail to select a checkin time? Will they just autoassign you a time prior to cruising? Or do they make you stand on one foot facing north in the port parking lot til 2:59???

Agree with previous post that it may be available next month.

It's moot, you are correct. In fact (from what I hear- not a VIP yet!) if you don't pick a time they'll just assign one to you, since as you said, you can really show up any time.

Can anyone here confirm what happens if you fail to select a checkin time? Will they just autoassign you a time prior to cruising? Or do they make you stand on one foot facing north in the port parking lot til 2:59???

You have until midnight EST prior to embarkation to select a time. If you fail to select a check-in time, you will be assigned and emailed one the morning of embarkation.

~Profile Says Everything~

I am at 160 days for my Christmas Cruise, and the times aren't up there yet. I won't do FTTF since we have our kids in the cabin next to us. We are on Liberty out of Port Canaveral. I check each and every day....

I think it's nuts that we VIPS have to select a time. I feel as if I'm taking a spot away from someone as the time is still moot to me.:cool:

Based on an earlier poster, it sounds like as a VIP you don't actually have to pick a time- by default they will assign you the latest window for check in if you don't pre-select. So don't pick a time then go to the port whenever you're ready!

I think it's nuts that we VIPS have to select a time. I feel as if I'm taking a spot away from someone as the time is still moot to me.:cool:
That's kind of how I feel about it too. I'm one of the non-priority passengers who will probably always want an early time, so will hope I catch them early enough to get one. But as others have explained to me, they really do want everyone (including priority passengers) to pick a time that corresponds with the time you're actually going to arrive at the terminal. Just to keep the process running as smoothly as possible. With that said, I agree with another poster. If you'd rather leave an earlier time slot open for those without priority, you could always purposely pick a later time. And let me just say, I really do appreciate you thinking of us non-priority passengers like that. That's a breath of fresh air. Edited by Organized Chaos

I am at T-181 days no check in time yet. I will check again tomorrow and hope for the best.

My thought is, check in for the time you will actually be there. Only so many people can fit in the building at once. I'd imagine the fire marshal will only let so many people in at a time period. I will be choosing the earliest time available when it finally does come out.

It's supposed to show up (The drop down menu to choose the check-in times) in your online account 180 days before the cruise, but some say this varies + or -. My latest was right around 180 (I checked on day 178-179)