Pool deck question on the Escape.

No grill..just a bar and lots of lounge chairs which go very early..that is the one nightmare..we always ended up on the top tier deck to sunbath and it was a long staircase down to go to pool..royal pain. Also heads up..on the ESCAPE , you NEED to reserve your comedy club shows, the cruise shows and all meals..the ship is TOO big and the venue areas are TOO SMALL to accommodate all the passengers..Went on it last year and said never again..had the unlimited drink pkg ( I hardly drink)..had 3 frozen drinks in 1 hr and was cold sober..they are watering down the alcohol.

Lol, different strokes.

We had a fabulous time on the Escape and I'm sure you will too. Yes, the pool deck is very, very crowded, but there are always nice spots to relax. Spice H2O is great as are the upper sundecks.

If you don't get reservations for a show, show up 10-20 min before it starts and you'll get in.

I had the UBP and *do* drink quite a bit outside of cruising and my drinks were all delicious and very good quality. :)

Have a great time!

Escape pool area gets very crowded. Higher decks are a good option. The stairs aren't that bad.

As mentioned the buffet is very close to run and get something to eat. And yes you can take it back to your seat.

The Escape is a great ship !

Thank you to all that have responded to my question. It was just something I was wondering about. I have been on ships with poolside grills and frankly, I probably eat too much when it is right there! Also, thanks for all the other tips.

You might consider getting a Vibe pass......

No grill..just a bar and lots of lounge chairs which go very early..that is the one nightmare..we always ended up on the top tier deck to sunbath and it was a long staircase down to go to pool..royal pain. Also heads up..on the ESCAPE , you NEED to reserve your comedy club shows, the cruise shows and all meals..the ship is TOO big and the venue areas are TOO SMALL to accommodate all the passengers..Went on it last year and said never again..had the unlimited drink pkg ( I hardly drink)..had 3 frozen drinks in 1 hr and was cold sober..they are watering down the alcohol.

I'll be curious to see if I agree with you, we are cruising the end of September and have heard really great things about the SDP and the UBP. We have booked our shows and dinners at the specialty restaurants. Did you not know to do this?

• 2 weeks later...