Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

We have been down this path but let's do it again to keep it interesting.

You mention compensation. What form of compensation you want. I certainly don't think Royal is going to use up any revenue providing space for another D Lounge.

I don't get how something is "owed" or someone is entitled too when the rules clearly say may be changed at any time?

I believe so many have drank too much of the kool aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are almost tee total at home.

It is up to C&A what extra perk they will give in place of 2 lounge access for D+.

If we like it great if not we could cruise another line or go for a suite.

As a final point we had 6 cruises last year,5 in a JS and 1 in a standard balcony,i mentioned only to highlight it is not the cost but the principle that drives me to participate in this thread.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

It is up to C&A what extra perk they will give in place of 2 lounge access for D+.

This is the part I struggle with. I've read the benefits again and again. It says access to CL on select ships. If the ship doesn't have a CL, then what is the issue. Changes are made during dry docks.

Extra perks above... where does it say in C&A extra perks if there is not a CL?

At least we're keeping it interesting.

This is the part I struggle with. I've read the benefits again and again. It says access to CL on select ships. If the ship doesn't have a CL, then what is the issue. Changes are made during dry docks.

Extra perks above... where does it say in C&A extra perks if there is not a CL?

Yes, you can always vote your compassion by trying other cruise lines.

At least we're keeping it interesting.

True but you can't take something away that has been accepted for years and not expect people to just lie down and say nothing.

True but you can't take something away that has been accepted for years and not expect people to just lie down and say nothing.

Sure you can and they have.

It should be mandatory reading and a signed letter of understanding of the C&A rules each year to keep ones status with emphasis on ....

General Terms and Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society[emoji768] Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

One knows this when they signed up for C&A.

FWIW -- after drydock the CL on Grandeur is still a CL open to diamond plus and above. I was told by the concierge that there are no plans to make changes. My thought -- maybe because there are so few suites on a Vision class ship?

The reason why I would be disappointed to lose access to the CL is noise. The DL on Grandeur is very noisy during the day being part of the area that houses the lectures/talks, the art auction, the sales talks, bingo and sometimes movies. It is hard to find an area on Grandeur where activities aren't happening so the CL is my go to place when I want to read, knit, etc. Just my $.02! Katherine

Sure you can and they have.

It should be mandatory reading and a signed letter of understanding of the C&A rules each year to keep ones status with emphasis on ....

General Terms and Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society[emoji768] Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

One knows this when they signed up for C&A.

Do you work for RC?

How many people read small print?.

Fortunately its only Oasis class and i give you i understand the SL enhancements are a suite perk but why can't you unblinker your eyes and acknowledge that it is unfair to renage on something that has been in place for years.

BTW you are in for a CL shock on Freedom in September but the ports are brilliant and we know them well if you need any advice.

Do you work for RC?

How many people read small print?.

Fortunately its only Oasis class and i give you i understand the SL enhancements are a suite perk but why can't you unblinker your eyes and acknowledge that it is unfair to renage on something that has been in place for years.

BTW you are in for a CL shock on Freedom in September but the ports are brilliant and we know them well if you need any advice.

Heck no I don't work for Royal.

No blinkers and that is why I understand the policies of C&A, my eyes are wide open.

We are looking forward to our September cruise on Freedom. If CL is bad we can just jump to DL. I worry that both will be very crowded as this is Presidents Cruise.

FWIW -- after drydock the CL on Grandeur is still a CL open to diamond plus and above. I was told by the concierge that there are no plans to make changes. My thought -- maybe because there are so few suites on a Vision class ship?

The reason why I would be disappointed to lose access to the CL is noise. The DL on Grandeur is very noisy during the day being part of the area that houses the lectures/talks, the art auction, the sales talks, bingo and sometimes movies. It is hard to find an area on Grandeur where activities aren't happening so the CL is my go to place when I want to read, knit, etc. Just my $.02! Katherine

A Lounge by definition is not the Library. The CL's for the most part with the exception of early morning or cocktail hours are uncrowded. You would have it pretty much to yourself.

Thank you for your very helpful information.

No blinkers and that is why I understand the policies of C&A, my eyes are wide open.

We are looking forward to our September cruise on Freedom. If CL is bad we can just jump to DL. I worry that both will be very crowded as this is Presidents Cruise.

The CL consierge took us on the Bridge tour and was very good but the lounge was small and the DL is the place to be on Freedom.

You must be 1 of the few who reads the small print but it is a competitive market and having been in sales myself for 44 years i know how easy it can be to alienate customers and how difficult it is to win them back so thats why i keep regurgitating the same perk strategy for C&A.

Thats our worry about being crowded on Oasis class with 1 lounge on a much bigger ship.

And my same worries in CL as Suite Guest.

Previous D+ members have told me they prefer the DL so the CL might be quiet plus it does have comfy leather seats but no windows thats why i only called in for coffee then to take teabags and hot chocolate satchets back to our cabin.

Thats our worry about being crowded on Oasis class with 1 lounge on a much bigger ship.

As have done on one of our previous Oasis cruises, once the D/D+ number goes over (either 500 or 600, I forgot) they open the overflow lounge in Jazz on Four. For some reason, although there aren't any windows, I like that place for a pre-dinner beverage or three over the DL on deck 11.

As have done on one of our previous Oasis cruises, once the D/D+ number goes over (either 500 or 600, I forgot) they open the overflow lounge in Jazz on Four. For some reason, although there aren't any windows, I like that place for a pre-dinner beverage or three over the DL on deck 11.

On Harmony Wonderland has replaced the DL on deck 11 and there is only an uninspiring lounge on deck 4 opposite the jazz lounge which is the DL.

That doesn't sound fun.......

It wasn't,i think by some of the comments from Milwaukee Eight he musnt have realised that is the only lounge for D and D+ on Harmony as opposed to the other Oasis class ships.The snacks were nice but we couldn't sit there for long and ended up getting our drinks from the Trellis bar on Central park.

Thanks. Sometimes I borrow my brother's dog or I should say he drops her off for dog sitting when they go off doing whatever it is they go off and do. When she has to go out to pee at 2 AM, tries to make friends with skunks, and brings home various critters that she finds in the yard it reminds me of some of the benefits of being dogless.:D

LOL!! Yeah, those "benefits" of pet ownership...but we love them anyway! :D

Previous D+ members have told me they prefer the DL so the CL might be quiet plus it does have comfy leather seats but no windows thats why i only called in for coffee then to take teabags and hot chocolate satchets back to our cabin.

We much preferred the open and cheery DL with the view on Freedom over the very small (though comfy seating) CL with no windows, which felt very closed in. CL could also get very crowded and noisy during cocktail hour. But I did appreciate using the CL for morning coffee, since it was so close to our cabin on deck 10. We would also sometimes pop in after an early dinner for a glass of wine if the CL was not busy.

It wasn't,i think by some of the comments from Milwaukee Eight he musnt have realised that is the only lounge for D and D+ on Harmony as opposed to the other Oasis class ships.The snacks were nice but we couldn't sit there for long and ended up getting our drinks from the Trellis bar on Central park.

As you can tell, I was staying out of that conversation. lol! But, I didn't cruise all these years to make D+ and not have some privileges......although from what I see in another thread, I can sell some crystal blocks on ebay for a major profit!! ha!

We much preferred the open and cheery DL with the view on Freedom over the very small (though comfy seating) CL with no windows, which felt very closed in. CL could also get very crowded and noisy during cocktail hour. But I did appreciate using the CL for morning coffee, since it was so close to our cabin on deck 10. We would also sometimes pop in after an early dinner for a glass of wine if the CL was not busy.

I really like Freedom's DL too. I just wish they would finish up the starboard scrubber project and open up the outdoor seating area... before next April.

I really like Freedom's DL too. I just wish they would finish up the starboard scrubber project and open up the outdoor seating area... before next April.

That project has been going on for soooooo long!! It was supposed to be a six month project...which was a few years ago. My DH talked to one of the contractors about it. His "tour of duty" was extended way too many times for him.

I sure miss the Freedom in PC...scrubber project done or not...we miss her dearly. :(