Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

In my opinion, DL is a loyalty venue, the CL/SL is not

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, Pinnacles were not part of the SL access when the Suite Lounge first came into being. The Ps hated being bumped out of the CL and back to the DL, started an email campaign and got what they wanted which more or less is what they had before.

In that hundreds of folks have chased Pinnacle, I sincerely believe there will be a revamping. The Diamond Lounge will be renamed for the Pinnacles and possibly the 350+ group that has no level. Diamonds will get their three drink coupons. Also believe RCI will follow Princess going back to a small charge like they originally had in the new overflow Diamond lounges.

The cost to RCI to maintain the benefits that probably do not cover the costs will come into play.

If I remember correctly, Pinnacles were not part of the SL access when the Suite Lounge first came into being. ... .

I must have missed this, because I don't remember this at all.

This is for good debate only. Why wouldn't Suite Guest have access to both lounges?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because the Suite Lounges allow children of all ages in the lounge at any time -- because they have been paid for by parents/grandparents. I have seen signs where some DLs only allow children in during the day -- not during the cocktail hour. Can't remember the last ship where I saw that signage but it might have been Anthem.

When you think about it, doesn't it make sense? I would think that some Diamond Members would wonder why children were taking up seats in the lounge during the cocktail hour. My experience again -- the DL can be much more crowded than the CL/SL on most nights. Katherine

Because the Suite Lounges allow children of all ages in the lounge at any time -- because they have been paid for by parents/grandparents. I have seen signs where some DLs only allow children in during the day -- not during the cocktail hour. Can't remember the last ship where I saw that signage but it might have been Anthem.

When you think about it, doesn't it make sense? I would think that some Diamond Members would wonder why children were taking up seats in the lounge during the cocktail hour. My experience again -- the DL can be much more crowded than the CL/SL on most nights. Katherine

For debate only. Those children, what about shorts?

On our upcoming Halloween cruise, the sky price CLS, is still 2 grand more than our Sea price JS.

For 2 grand more for the room i would not do it since you have acces to sl and ck all day as pinnacle member.

For us peeps lower on the loyalty pole it is the only way. You booked a great rate with the js. Saw the price of js now? JS is almost the same price as a w guaranty at $4900.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Is CLS higher than GS? What are prices of GS?

CLS room is bigger than GS. But both are classified as sky class. If going by price, most times cls is higher but i have seen a few cruises where gs was priced higher. This could be attributed to the fact that there was only one or two gs available versus a bunch of cls still open.

For us it is an extra 2 grand just to fly from the UK to Florida or San Juan with the overnight US hotel pre cruise on top of the cruise price.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

It costs us about $1200 each to fly from hawaii to orlando. I guess it is not so bad considering we are flying about 5800 miles each way. Isn't flying from the uk to orlando less than 3000 miles?

CLS room is bigger than GS. But both are classified as sky class. If going by price, most times cls is higher but i have seen a few cruises where gs was priced higher. This could be attributed to the fact that there was only one or two gs available versus a bunch of cls still open.

I think GS is currently higher on our cruise. I think we will continue to go with JS about half the time just for the extra space. Of course it all depends on the price. I don't think I'm cheap, but I like value.

It costs us about $1200 each to fly from hawaii to orlando. I guess it is not so bad considering we are flying about 5800 miles each way. Isn't flying from the uk to orlando less than 3000 miles?

You know, I don't think flight prices have anything to do with cost. Our flight to Singapore via Atlanta and Tokyo is around $600 in economy. That is one way of course.

I must have missed this, because I don't remember this at all.

Remember when P's didn't get internet access? Again, after an email campaign, Ps received internet. Apparently several didn't need the multi-access codes and gave it to friends; now they get one code per person.

RCI is very aware of how their loyal customers spend their dollars - maybe an inside cabin with no other dollar income to RCI. As D++, we book our balconyt cabin, thank RCI for our benefits and may book a tour or two. On our recent Empress to Cuba, the 'logo shirts' were of such poor quality it would have been a waste of my money. We already have purchased the other junk and have no desire to purchase more. We do pay tips early and usually walk off with less than a $10 bill - usually RCI owes us money due to whatever and I now stand in line to collect as they don't really want to reimburse my credit card.

The cabin was filled - good for RCI; no additional funds plus our 'free' drinks, complimentary D+ stuff (pictures, otherwise $25 or so) and RCI doesn't get the revenue they want from us.

Suites currently are very expensive for benefits that don't compare to other lines. I can pay $1388 more today for the GS that I booked way back when - life got in the way, and I booked the farthest out cruise I could get. A LS1 is $1400 more. Seems to me that RCI has reached a price point of high prices vs what most feel is reasonable. I will be very happy to book last minute as the high pricing and nonrefundable deposits will eventually catch up with supply and demand - should create some nice last minute prices. How many new ships are in the pipeline? Could have booked an Allure balcony yesterday for under $700 in late September.

Our last Harmony suite cruise had 140 Pinnacles in the CL - there was nowhere for me, someone who paid suite prices - to sit between 4:30-6:00. I refuse to pay the RCI suite prices when I'm now confident that overcrowding will probably become the norm. Our Celebrity suite experiences, on the other hand, have been outstanding and Luminae puts CK to shame.

I'm glad that I've reached the point where benefit levels work for me; however, if I'm going to chase something, I'd rather go with a cruise line that wants my business and doesn't treat me like cow dung if they overbook.

Give me low last minute prices and I'll be a happy camper; unfortunately, everyone else got stuck with the new policy creating those empty cabins.

I have a different view. I think there is a generation of cruisers that were in the right stage of life to take advantage of a poor market between 2008 and 2015. They got great prices and terms and now seem unhappy that prices have gone up with the resurgent economy. Time will tell how things work out, I see a new generation of cruisers with disposable income and a desire to try new things. if Royal is courting them as part of their business model, so be it. There is room for all of us.

I have a different view. I think there is a generation of cruisers that were in the right stage of life to take advantage of a poor market between 2008 and 2015. They got great prices and terms and now seem unhappy that prices have gone up with the resurgent economy. Time will tell how things work out, I see a new generation of cruisers with disposable income and a desire to try new things. if Royal is courting them as part of their business model, so be it. There is room for all of us.

Well said. RCI is a business and it will do what it can to increase revenue, lower expenses and boost profits...until they get pushback. We all vote with our wallets.

Our last Harmony suite cruise had 140 Pinnacles in the CL - there was nowhere for me, someone who paid suite prices - to sit between 4:30-6:00. I refuse to pay the RCI suite prices when I'm now confident that overcrowding will probably become the norm. Our Celebrity suite experiences, on the other hand, have been outstanding and Luminae puts CK to shame.

On Harmony, was it a TA for the high number of PC?

On Harmony, was it a TA for the high number of PC?

TA had closer to 200. Possibly one of the inaugural trips out of PE. I've never been on a ship with more than 30, but have not done Oasis in the fall yet.

If I remember correctly, Pinnacles were not part of the SL access when the Suite Lounge first came into being. The Ps hated being bumped out of the CL and back to the DL, started an email campaign and got what they wanted which more or less is what they had before.

In that hundreds of folks have chased Pinnacle, I sincerely believe there will be a revamping. The Diamond Lounge will be renamed for the Pinnacles and possibly the 350+ group that has no level. Diamonds will get their three drink coupons. Also believe RCI will follow Princess going back to a small charge like they originally had in the new overflow Diamond lounges.

The cost to RCI to maintain the benefits that probably do not cover the costs will come into play.

I love how people pull this stuff out of thin air or their a$$.;p

I get emails every day to cruise with X or Princess or NCL with free drinks. I think 3 hours an evening, when most of the time is spent eating dinner is a heck of a lot cheaper for RCI than giving me free drinks all day all week.

Then these people post their opinions and viola we are supposed to freak out?:eek:

Get over yourselves unless you are on the board of directors your spewing means pretty much squat.

I, also, love the specificity. It is all mapped out. Here is exactly how it is going to work. I just laugh. It may happen or the moon may be full of cheese and will land in Antigua for a giant cheese festival.... each are about as likely to happen.

You people worry about the wrong crap way way too much.

JMHO and YMMV

JC

Old school for us.

45a3a72a8516cec5b90c92bd0d6ba079.jpg

Yeah, I have spent a lot of time in European hotels. I just don't get the idea of getting off the pot then squat over the big china bowl that is more appropriate for Bella, and then try to get the temp just right to clean my A$$. I think the Japanese have taken us a huge step forward. Plus I never get too hot or too cold with my Toto Washlet.

OK, I am sorry, way way too much information....... errrr..... ugggg...

JC

You know, I don't think flight prices have anything to do with cost. Our flight to Singapore via Atlanta and Tokyo is around $600 in economy. That is one way of course.

That is a good deal. Our flight was about a $1000, and considering my last trip to Europe cost 1200... I thought I had a bargain. Of course that is a pretty big drive to Atlanta.

JC

Ding Ding Ding. Winner Winner chicken dinner!

JC

Debate answer -- I have never seen anyone -- children or others -- turned away from a lounge because of wearing shorts. But what a scene that would cause!

I got booted once from Freedom DL. It was formal night. I was in before cocktail hour. Bertie asked me to change. I was going to anyway

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That is a good deal. Our flight was about a $1000, and considering my last trip to Europe cost 1200... I thought I had a bargain. Of course that is a pretty big drive to Atlanta.

JC

The flight to ATL is leg 1. I only have to be driven to Orlando. And then drive from Miami home.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app