Alarm clock

ricki

Yes, that the easiest way these days.

Yup. On our trip to London last year, there was no alarm clock in the hotel room. There were, however, two USB ports on each nightstand.

Which I consider an improvement - as I often have trouble figuring out some of the more complex alarms, and have been awakened at ungodly hours by the previous visitors' settings in the past.

...and on another note, I've not heard "moby" before. I assume that's a common shorthand for "mobile phone" in the UK? I like it.

I use my Fitbit Charge HR as my alarm clock (the vibration wakes me up and, more importantly, doesn't wake up my wife) and intend to do the same on the ship, though I'll have to first update the time on my phone manually and then sync the tracker to update the time displayed on the tracker, as necessary.

Unfortunately, when we did the World Cruise last year, our mobile phones didn't always change time zones correctly.

Ricki

Yes - that's a common problem. On our crossings, there are always a lot of people learning how to manually change the hour on their phones and tablets on the second and third days. (The ship is on Cunard time, which may not always directly align with the time zones in the middle of the Atlantic, even if it were to get the info from satellites)

- Mark

Yes - that's a common problem. On our crossings, there are always a lot of people learning how to manually change the hour on their phones and tablets on the second and third days. (The ship is on Cunard time, which may not always directly align with the time zones in the middle of the Atlantic, even if it were to get the info from satellites)

- Mark

Yes, that was the issue,Mark.

Ricki

Completely unrelated story: When I spent my term in England for study abroad in the spring of 2000, I brought a US-made clock radio with me and tried to use it in my dorm room using a plug adapter and voltage converter (don't ask why I didn't simply buy one there, I don't know the answer to that question). The radio function worked fine, but the clock was slow. Strange!

- Mark

I think what happens on mine is that if it connects to the satellite signals then because that does not provide a time sync, my phone sets itself to manual timezone setting. Then when you get to your next port of call, you have to go an set the time sync back to Automatic before it will update.