LIVE from Celebrity Equinox July 23rd Embark; Mast Grill Burger Update!

ADD Boy

Hi fellow cruisers,

I am currently sitting on the pool deck five hours from Puerto Rico. Happy to report the People have spoken, and the five and ten dollar burgers on Sunday were again FREE yesterday! Many complaints to the home office (so I heard) resulted in them reversing the fees. The poor guys serving the burgers are getting whipsawed around. I just asked if they were going to be free again today, he would not say definitively. I will report back at 11:30 when the grill opens. Stay tuned and ask me ANYTHING you care to know about this wonderful ship!

Thx VA.

Confirmed: burgers still free today.

PoolBar service very slow, otherwise excellent service in all other areas, MDR food very good IMO, haven't tried specialty restaurants yet but will.

Are the once again free burgers "Kobe" or back to the way they were?

Hi fellow cruisers,

I am currently sitting on the pool deck five hours from Puerto Rico. Happy to report the People have spoken, and the five and ten dollar burgers on Sunday were again FREE yesterday! Many complaints to the home office (so I heard) resulted in them reversing the fees. The poor guys serving the burgers are getting whipsawed around. I just asked if they were going to be free again today, he would not say definitively. I will report back at 11:30 when the grill opens. Stay tuned and ask me ANYTHING you care to know about this wonderful ship!

Hi ! Thanks for the update ! We are on the Equinox in September with a classic beverage package, which on the celebrity site says is all alcoholic drinks $8.00 and under. I have read several threads where the classic package had a $9.00 limit. Which is it on the Equinox currently ?

Also, are Frozen drinks poolside included ? Thanks !

We checked with Celebrity to find out what's going on on Equinox and was told the Top Burger Bar at Mast Grill was just a temporary pop-up experience that is now over and Mast Grill has gone back to its original menu.

We checked with Celebrity to find out what's going on on Equinox and was told the Top Burger Bar at Mast Grill was just a temporary pop-up experience that is now over and Mast Grill has gone back to its original menu.

Sounds like an equivocator award is warranted. Dori, did you ask about the Constellation as well?

Hi ! Thanks for the update ! We are on the Equinox in September with a classic beverage package, which on the celebrity site says is all alcoholic drinks $8.00 and under. I have read several threads where the classic package had a $9.00 limit. Which is it on the Equinox currently ?

Also, are Frozen drinks poolside included ? Thanks !

Just asked a bartender. It's up to 9 bucks for classic package and several frozen drinks are covered.

I heard that someone who called the corp office was told that they (HQ) were unaware of the price change and they would look into it. I told my friend within earshot of the guy serving the drinks and burgers there that NOTHING happens on these ships w/out corp being aware of it, and he remarked, "ya mon, that's right!!"

ADD Boy...thanks for taking the time from your cruise to post the update. Now put the computer away and enjoy your sea day. ;)

Wow, that's exactly what my wife just said to me!!:D;p

Have you eaten in any of the specialty restaurants and/or noticed any discounts being given for the first night?

We have not but plan to. Travelling with large group here, and they offered to seat us at two adjacent tables OR 50% off Silk Harvest for everyone. I would NOT recommend buying the 3 or more specialty restaurant packages they push VERY hard on embark day; only 19% discount for the 3 dinner package; you can do much better later picking and choosing.

I heard that someone who called the corp office was told that they (HQ) were unaware of the price change and they would look into it. I told my friend within earshot of the guy serving the drinks and burgers there that NOTHING happens on these ships w/out corp being aware of it, and he remarked, "ya mon, that's right!!"

Sure. On the other post someone state the charge did not take place until corporate boarded the Equinox in Key West and that they make the change.

For corporate to lie and not want to admit to making the change would not be a surprise to anyone.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app