Villefranche port, no Princess excursions offered?

zacsc

Our itinerary has us docking at Villefranche, France all day, but the Princess excursion website shows no excursions offered for this port even though the ship will be there for 10 hours. Any thoughts if Princess will offer any excursions once our sailing date arrives? Called Princess and they said they don't know???

I'm thinking you are on the Pacific Princess October 18, 2017 voyage. This is the only time Princess stops at Villefranche. This is probably the reason Princess does not have any ship's tours arranged.

I would suggest you join the Roll Call for this cruise, site below. Other cruise passengers may have private organized tours arranged or have plans for the day which you can join.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2361886&page=2

Our itinerary has us docking at Villefranche, France all day, but the Princess excursion website shows no excursions offered for this port even though the ship will be there for 10 hours. Any thoughts if Princess will offer any excursions once our sailing date arrives? Called Princess and they said they don't know???

It is very easy to take the train to Nice from Villefranche. The train station is across from where the tenders dock. If you like history, a private tour to Eze is worthwhile (hard to do on your own due to the location) I agree with checking your CC rollcall and seeing what others have planned. Enjoy - Villefranche and the surrounding area are lovely.

It is very easy to take the train to Nice from Villefranche. The train station is across from where the tenders dock. If you like history, a private tour to Eze is worthwhile (hard to do on your own due to the location) I agree with checking your CC rollcall and seeing what others have planned. Enjoy - Villefranche and the surrounding area are lovely.

Nice and Eze. 2 of my favorite places in France! :)

Op try your question on the France ports board as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=593

That was actually our very first port on our very first cruise (2002). We went off to Nice on our own and visited two museums, Chagall and Matisse. It is still one of our favorite ever port days.

Also St paul de vence and the Maeght foundation (an absolute treasure for modern art lovers).

Can take a bus to Nice too. Sometimes easier then

train. Just check schedules for both.

Also Villefranche is a nice city to walk around,

have a nice lunch in a sidewalk café. People watch.

That is if you don't want to take train or the bus on your own.

My dh is from Paris, Villefrance is one of our favorite ports, over the years have been there 3 times. Very pretty place. We have taken the bus to Nice... we have wondered the local streets shopping for pastries, wine, fruit and nuts in both Nice and Villefrance. You not need a ship tour.

From the port in Villefranche, our group of 8 spent a full day on a private tour with SYLVIE DI CRISTO to explore the “Inside of the French Riviera.” The tour was fantastic. We explored the remote and less-frequented villages of the Cote d’Azur - Peille and Sainte Agnes - and ended with a visit to Monte Carlo. Needless to say, this excursion was the highlight of our 2014 cruise. Hope this helps!;)

My dh is from Paris, Villefrance is one of our favorite ports, over the years have been there 3 times. Very pretty place. We have taken the bus to Nice... we have wondered the local streets shopping for pastries, wine, fruit and nuts in both Nice and Villefrance. You not need a ship tour.

It would be a shame to be on the French Riviera and only see Villefranche and/or Nice. Hope you find a tour that will take you to the hill towns referenced and more. It's worth the price....

We were in Villefranche several years ago on a Celebrity ship. In the a.m. I enjoyed walking around the town and visiting the Citadelle Saint-Elme, which dates to the 16th c. In the afternoon, I took a ship excursion to Saint Paul de Vence, a mountain town. We had dropped anchor at Cannes on several previous cruises so Villefranche was an enjoyable change.