All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

We did a Canada/Pacific Coastal cruise on the Jewel September 2015 and did a B2B Caribbean cruise on the Jewel April 2017 out of San Juan. Vintages replaced the Champaign Bar. Added 12 new balcony cabins to deck 11. Added Diamond Lounge on deck 13. It's located front left section of the Viking Crown Lounge. Separate door with card entry. We prefer our drinks in the Schooner bar over the DL but we used both for pre-diner drinks. Unfortunately the Seaview Cafe is no longer. The CRT TVs have been replaced with flat screen LED TVs. As far as we are concerned the Jewel is a beautiful ship and our favorite in RCs fleet. Just the right size.

This will be my first time on Jewel since turning Diamond, so I'm glad to know where that is.

She still has the glass floor on deck 12 by the C&A area so you can stand on it and look down....

474dc4124aefaed6e0e46b53d8e038ca.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Throw in my wife's feet for effect.

firststep.jpg

Thanks Bill!

This is the board I was actually looking for last night when I asked about the hot tubs but I couldn't find it anywhere. I knew of the Adventure board (of course) so thought there would be one like that on Jewel but there wasn't! Thanks again for starting this! :D

While trying not to sound creepy, I did think of you when I created it. I'll look forward to your report to help us get through the last 100 or so day.

Thanks for the pictures and information. We love the size and all things Jewel. Unfortunately we have not had dates and itinerary line up for us to travel on her for many many years. But, we always look for her first when booking. Thanks to everyone providing updated information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love that Bill has started this thread shortly after littlebritain cruised and is able to supply such great pictures. Hopefully it will evolve as other 'All Things...' threads have done, with lots of contributions and updates from others who travel on her :D Can't wait to see if we get the same stellar experience littlebritain had, when we sail on her later in the year.

Thank you for starting this thread!

We doing a B2B on her in Feb/March 2018. This will be our first time on the Jewel, we are so looking forward to it!

Can't wait to hear everyone's tips and experiences on the Jewel OTS!

I'm at lunch now and thought I'd post a couple of my favorite pictures of Jewel from 2014 that also include a few of my favorite photo subjects.

lucia1.jpg

lucia2.jpg

These 4 people returning to Jewel in late April.

Great idea! And very timely for us as we will be on her for the first time in 84 days! Thank you!!

Unless I inadvertently did not hit "submit reply", I think my post yesterday was deleted for some reason unknown to me.

Anyhow, wanted to say "hi' to you and the gang... and too bad we're missing each other by a month. Would been awesome like on Radiance to nonchalantly look behind me and see you guys standing there in the check-in line out of the blue lol!

I'm sailing in 24 days... counting the days/hours/minutes ;p

Glad to see this thread started. Hard to find info on the Jewel. We are on her June 24, 2018 for a Western Med cruise. This will be our first cruise on this class of ship even though we are diamonds. I also prefer the mid size ships to the much larger ships. Hope to learn more here.

I've been on her twice this year and there is a thread comparing the two cruises with lots of photos etc.

And of course there is the new curry menu.

There's another thread dedicated to that!

Can you tell me which thread this is, I can't seem to locate it. Thanks in advance! [emoji4]

While trying not to sound creepy, I did think of you when I created it. I'll look forward to your report to help us get through the last 100 or so day.

It's funny because last year, my Adventure review is what helped you through the last 100 days!! Kindred Caribbean cruising spirits!

Hey little britain (or anyone else who has recently sailed in the Med)....

What were the normal early/late MDR seating times? (I'm guessing 7pm early, 9pm late?)

Also, What are the normal times for production/Headliner shows? (Guessing 7:30 or 8 pm for late seating, 9:30pm or 10pm for early???)

Thx in advance :)

I loved Jewel. I think the best ship I have been on to date.

Here is a link to photographs and a video tour of the ship from our cruise in April this year in Southern Caribbean.

The video is very, very shaky and I have since bought stabilisation but you can see most areas I could access on the ship.

http://www.modernlifeisgood.com/2017/05/24/jewel-of-the-seas-tour-photo-video-walk-through/

What were the normal early/late MDR seating times? (I'm guessing 7pm early, 9pm late?)

Also, What are the normal times for production/Headliner shows? (Guessing 7:30 or 8 pm for late seating, 9:30pm or 10pm for

We were on Jewel this past May for the Transatlantic, B2B with a 9 day Greek Isle cruise. We had MTD but if I remember right, early dining was at 6:30 pm and late was 8:30 pm. Sorry I can't remember the exact times for the shows even though we were at most of them.

Also, What are the normal times for production/Headliner shows? (Guessing 7:30 or 8 pm for late seating, 9:30pm or 10pm for early???)

Hi Hoopster ( we must stop meeting like this)!!)

I just checked the Compass for both my May and June cruises..

Dinner 6 and 8:30

Shows 9 and 10:45

Anything else just shout!

We were on Jewel this past May for the Transatlantic, B2B with a 9 day Greek Isle cruise. We had MTD but if I remember right, early dining was at 6:30 pm and late was 8:30 pm. Sorry I can't remember the exact times for the shows even though we were at most of them.

I just checked the Compass for both my May and June cruises..

Dinner 6 and 8:30

Shows 9 and 10:45

Thanks to both of you very much :D

I'll take little britain's times as more solid only because they were from the 7 day itinerary vs. the 9 day or TA.

I also finally noted the Compasses which were posted on the other recent Jewel thread. I'll be booking MTD's at 6:30pm then, ample of time to get to trivia and shows :)