NCL canceled April 25 France, Spain and Portugal

Briji04

The new date for that cruise is May 16. I can't do that date. I'll find something else.

In the meanwhile, ya'll are always well informed. Anyone know why it was moved?

The transatlantic from Miami is still listed as arriving on April 25.

Thanks

I booked the:

Apr 13 - Apr 25 Trans Atlantic

Apr 25 - May 04 Southampton to Iberia CANCELLED

May 05 - May 16 Southampton to Irish/Brit Isles.

At 3 pm on Aug 2, NCL notified me the Apr 25 cruise was cancelled.

I changed the Iberian sailing from Apr 25 - May 04 to May 16 - May 25.

Now, I have to cancel the Trans Atlantic and book air fare to UK for the cruises.

It's too late to use Flyer Miles for Bus/First Class. So, I have to pay for the flight.

Also, I have to change my return air flight and it's too late to Flyer Miles for the replacement Bus/First Class.

So, I have to spend the $7K saved by cancelling my Trans Atlantic on round trip air fare Bus/First Class.

I don't know why they cancelled the Apr 25 Iberian sailing.

Two possibilities come to mind: Private Charter or Dry Dock

Uniall said "So, I have to spend the $7K saved by cancelling my Trans Atlantic on round trip air fare Bus/First Class."

I would have kept the Transatlantic, no need for change of flights and found something else to do during the cancelled cruise. Either a cruise with a different line or a land trip.

Uniall said "So, I have to spend the $7K saved by cancelling my Trans Atlantic on round trip air fare Bus/First Class."

I would have kept the Transatlantic, no need for change of flights and found something else to do during the cancelled cruise. Either a cruise with a different line or a land trip.

9 days ashore waiting for the next cruise would have cost $5K+.

Am I the only poster on this thread who was affected by the cancellation of the sailing?

We were on the canceled cruise. Big bummer! Fortunately I was able to cancel my return flight. DH had to cancel a trip to Italy he was planning post-cruise.

We are still taking the April 13 Jade Transatlantic cruise (we love sea days), and from there we'll punt. Not ready to fly right home after the cruise; we have some ideas. I'll keep you posted. I know cancellations happen but this sort of soured us a bit on NCL. We are Platinum, have only ever cruised NCL. Will probably start trying other cruise lines. Do Princess, Celebrity, Holland cancel as frequently (and as late in the game) as NCL?

I think almost every cruise line offers charter cruises. I've seen charter cruises offered by HAL, RCCL, CCL and MSC too, so NCL is not the only cruise line that does it, however, NCL may be the only 1 that does it without notifying passengers until it has filled the charter (not sure if this is accurate but seems likely) so I'm not 100% sure of this but I've seen cruises that seem to be chartered very close (within 6 months) of sailing be changed from regular to chartered more often on NCL than other cruise lines.

NCL also changed the cruise I was booked on (Sun from SF to Mia in Oct. 2018) to a different cruise all to gether. I was a bit upset but, when I checked what the other cruises were available and considered the offer from NCL, I simply chose a different cruise with a similar time frame.

There is nothing anyone here can do to change the fact that a cruise has been changed for some undisclosed reason by NCL. The only thing we can do, is make the best of it. There are too many other cruise lines out there to feel tied to a cruise line with whom you are not satisfied.

Hope you all have great cruises, you're the only ones that can make that happen.

Enjoy.

We were on the canceled cruise. Big bummer! Fortunately I was able to cancel my return flight. DH had to cancel a trip to Italy he was planning post-cruise.

We are still taking the April 13 Jade Transatlantic cruise (we love sea days), and from there we'll punt. Not ready to fly right home after the cruise; we have some ideas. I'll keep you posted. I know cancellations happen but this sort of soured us a bit on NCL. We are Platinum, have only ever cruised NCL. Will probably start trying other cruise lines. Do Princess, Celebrity, Holland cancel as frequently (and as late in the game) as NCL?

We once had the Pearl chartered out from under us. Not fun. As a result, directly and indirectly, we ended up on other brands for the next two years. We are now back to NCL and it remains our favorite for various reasons. The charter practice is ugly, but an unfortunate business reality. It's very painful to the victims, but apparently the shareholders benefit even in the long run.

Chartering a ship out from under booked passengers is a rare thing. It's even more rare since the cruise industry has moved from 9 months or less as the booking window standard to a 12-18 month window. It's most injurious to the guests when, like our case, it interferes with long planned back to back (to back) cruises, since no compensation is offered for collateral damage to the other bookings.

I had a similar situation with RCCL when I had booked a 14 day Trans Atlantic from Tampa to Barcelona, 4 day Barcelona to the Mediterranean isle of Majorca, and 12 days to Italy. They chartered out the 4 day sailing.

For those doing a back to back to back, they covered the 4 day wait by comping a 2 day post Trans Atlantic and 2 day pre Italian hotel packages. Royal Caribbean was wearing their white hats that time.

I am booked on the cancelled cruise but have not received notice from my travel agent yet. NCL will not give me any information - the rep I just spoke to sounded like she was sleep walking.

I will contact my travel agent tomorrow, but would like to know what the options are and NCL deadline dates. Can you post your letter from NCL here or email it to me at herdingdogmom at sbcglobal dot net ?

Most likely we will be sailing with you on the May 16th cruise. Thanks, Beverly

IMPORTANT:

CANCELLED SAILING INFORMATION

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Jade's 9-Day Europe, France & Iberia sailing from Southampton, England

on April 25, 2018. All guests booked on this sailing need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their

clients.

As a result of a scheduling change the 9-Day Europe, France & Iberia sailing departing on this date is no longer available. Norwegian is offering guests

currently booked and fully deposited on this sailing the following options:

- Option 1: Move to Norwegian Jade's 9-Day Europe, France & Iberia sailing from Southampton on May 16, 2018 and your cruise fare and current

promotion will be protected. If you choose this option and are booked in an Inside, Oceanview, Balcony or Mini-Suite you will receive a $50 per stateroom

onboard credit. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H) you will receive a $100 per stateroom onboard credit. The onboard

credit can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges.

- Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet at the current published fare and your deposit will be applied towards the new sail date.

Norwegian will also cover up to $300 maximum per person air change fees. We look forward to hearing from you by August 10, 2017, so that we can

modify your reservation. If we don't hear from you by August 10, 2017, your reservation will be cancelled. We are standing by to assist you on our dedicated

support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm ET Monday through Friday.

For any guests booked outside of the US/Canada please visit http://www.ncl.com for our local contact information in handling your reservation.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to assisting you.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

I am booked on the cancelled cruise Thanks, Beverly

Sorry to miss seeing you again, Beverly. We are still taking the JadeTransatlantic cruise and we are now looking at an RCCL cruise of the Baltic out of Amsterdam. It will be our first time on another cruise line.

Carola

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

As a result of a scheduling change the 9-Day Europe, France & Iberia sailing departing on this date is no longer available.

Thanks. $50 seems a bit light since the current promo offers $140 obc. Oh well.

Sorry to miss seeing you again, Beverly. We are still taking the JadeTransatlantic cruise and we are now looking at an RCCL cruise of the Baltic out of Amsterdam. It will be our first time on another cruise line. Carola

Thanks Carola. We loved our cruise out of Venice on Royal. Happy cruising.