3day sails, when is formal night?

RNsoon2beNP

So when in formal night on a 3 day cruise? I read on a FB page it was the day we were in Nassau, which makes NO sense. The port day is fro 12p- 8p, and our dining time is 6pm.

We are on the Liberty 8/24, day 2 is Bahamas day 3 is our sea day, I just assumed it would be the sea day. The used to longer cruises, so thanks for any input!

So when in formal night on a 3 day cruise? I read on a FB page it was the day we were in Nassau, which makes NO sense. The port day is fro 12p- 8p, and our dining time is 6pm.

We are on the Liberty 8/24, day 2 is Bahamas day 3 is our sea day, I just assumed it would be the sea day. The used to longer cruises, so thanks for any input!

Pretty much every 3-day cruise I've seen has the formal night the first full day (meaning if you leave on Friday, it will be Saturday night), no matter what the ports are.

Usually CE night is the middle night on a 3day cruise.

When is all aboard on your port day? On the 4day out of LA, CE night is the second night, usually that's Catalina day. All aboard is 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What about a three day cruise where the ships stays overnight at the port on the middle day???

Still the same. A lot of the Miami 3-night cruises go to just Nassau and overnight (they leave at like 7am the next morning). The formal night is still the night after embarkation. (The Saturday night if embarking on Friday)

Still the same. A lot of the Miami 3-night cruises go to just Nassau and overnight (they leave at like 7am the next morning). The formal night is still the night after embarkation. (The Saturday night if embarking on Friday)
Thanks. I've never done a three nighter before, so I wasn't sure how they would handle that.

Haha thx, not doing anything too fancy, but wanna get a good pic with me & the hubby. Do they have photo opt places, besides formal night, i dont think I've ever noticed then.
Yes they will have different photo ops each night! But formal nights are fancy ones :)

Also unless you are doing a 5 hour tour, I personally would not find that much to do there that you couldn't plan on being back by 5 pm:D Enjoy whatever you choose! :D

We were on the 3-night Liberty sailing that returned last Sunday. Cruise Elegant night is indeed your 2nd night while in port in Nassau. We had no idea and happily things worked out perfectly when making plans - I made steakhouse reservations the first night, and also made reservations for the Chef's Table. We lucked out that the order was steakhouse first night, Cruise Elegant night second night, Chef's Table third night.