Off Site Parking at Port Everglades Price Increase?

Saturngrl

We are sailing out of Port Everglades 11/19/17 and I just pre-paid my reservation at PnG. Their prices are now $12 a day, an increase from the previous $8.99 a day. Has anyone else had this experience? I have used them in the past and was very satisfied with their service in comparison the price of parking at the port. Now, the $3 a day savings doesn't seem to be worth it.

Thoughts?

They have different rates depending on how busy it is. This may be a busy time since it is close to Thanksgiving. Also if you wait to pay at the lot it will cost $12 day. We used them from April 29 to May 7 and paid $7.99 a day plus tax. We paid for it in advance but if we waited until we were there it would have cost $12 a day. Make sure we put in all the information and check the right side for the cost if you prepay.

If I had to pay $12 a day I would park at the port. I didn't like having to leave our keys with them and have them moving our car around several times while we were on the ship. The previous time we didn't have to leave our keys. There were only 2 ships in port and we still had to leave our keys. We saw everyone being told to leave their keys in the car. And that's exactly where we found our keys when we returned-in the car and the doors unlocked.

This time we also had to wait until the shuttle was full to take us to the port. It didn't that long only about 20 minutes but that was also a change from our previous experience. Upon departure we had to call for a shuttle. It arrived in less than 10 minutes. We had to walk a ways to catch the shuttle and if we had parked at the port we wouldn't have had to walk any further. So I certainly wouldn't park there for only a $3 a day savings. We did receive a cold bottle of water each when leaving which was nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi cruiser. We book P&go back in june for back to back on Freedom for 11-25 to 12-9 for $7.99. Last year same time was $8.99. Also looking at 2-25-18 for Freedom and current rate is $8.99. If they are $12.00 would probably do lot at pier 18 but for pier 29 still would use them. Only deal they still offer is free day for each ten. Will wait to Dec. to book so can get two free days in Feb. Bob ,The Villages, Florida

They have different rates depending on how busy it is. This may be a busy time since it is close to Thanksgiving. Also if you wait to pay at the lot it will cost $12 day. We used them from April 29 to May 7 and paid $7.99 a day plus tax. We paid for it in advance but if we waited until we were there it would have cost $12 a day. Make sure we put in all the information and check the right side for the cost if you prepay.

If I had to pay $12 a day I would park at the port. I didn't like having to leave our keys with them and have them moving our car around several times while we were on the ship. The previous time we didn't have to leave our keys. There were only 2 ships in port and we still had to leave our keys. We saw everyone being told to leave their keys in the car. And that's exactly where we found our keys when we returned-in the car and the doors unlocked.

This time we also had to wait until the shuttle was full to take us to the port. It didn't that long only about 20 minutes but that was also a change from our previous experience. Upon departure we had to call for a shuttle. It arrived in less than 10 minutes. We had to walk a ways to catch the shuttle and if we had parked at the port we wouldn't have had to walk any further. So I certainly wouldn't park there for only a $3 a day savings. We did receive a cold bottle of water each when leaving which was nice.

They leave keys in your car, unlocked? I wouldn't park there regardless of savings. I'm not leaving my keys with someone while on a cruise, let alone just left in my car. Craziness.

They leave keys in your car, unlocked? I wouldn't park there regardless of savings. I'm not leaving my keys with someone while on a cruise, let alone just left in my car. Craziness.

Yes, That was my concern. It bothered me to have to leave my keys. But it worried me more when our keys were on the seat of the car and the doors unlocked when we returned. I don't know how many times they moved our car and if the keys were left in it all the time. I do know our car was in a totally different location when we returned from where I saw them park it when we left.

I would have been even more concerned if I knew they might be leaving the car unlocked with the keys in the car beforehand. Glad I didn't know this until we returned. Because of this concern, which would definitely effect our enjoyment of the cruise, we have decided we will not be using them again.

Rated usually go up around this time of year. Best time to get parking in any of these ports is towards the end of springtime. https://www.parkbytheports.com/cruise-parking/index.html is still at $5.99 per day https://www.cruisefriendly.com/cruise-parking/port-everglades-cruise-parking shows a few other companies but it looks like some of the prices are a bit outdated

We are new to parking at the port (usually fly- we are Canadian) but we are driving this time, leaving Nov 18. I have a few questions in regards to above posts. Do we have to leave keys if we park at cruise terminal or just at the independent lots? Do we have to prebook at both? Other than the price, and distance to ship, what are the differences? How do I find out what terminal my ship is in so I know what lot to use? (We are on HAL Niew

Amsterdam). I heard the cruise pier parking is very confusing, is this true? Any other info would certainly be appreciated.

We are new to parking at the port (usually fly- we are Canadian) but we are driving this time, leaving Nov 18. I have a few questions in regards to above posts. Do we have to leave keys if we park at cruise terminal or just at the independent lots? Do we have to prebook at both? Other than the price, and distance to ship, what are the differences? How do I find out what terminal my ship is in so I know what lot to use? (We are on HAL Niew

Amsterdam). I heard the cruise pier parking is very confusing, is this true? Any other info would certainly be appreciated.

Parking at the port is more "normal" - you park, and pay when you get back at the booth. It's not a big deal. I don't find it confusing at all. Cruise ships are big. Park in a lot near the giant cruise ship. When you get to the port, you'll see signs that tell you which terminal your ship is at as well. This is not something you should be concerned about. Go to the terminal for your ship and park in a lot in front of it.

We are new to parking at the port (usually fly- we are Canadian) but we are driving this time, leaving Nov 18. I have a few questions in regards to above posts. Do we have to leave keys if we park at cruise terminal or just at the independent lots? No Do we have to prebook at both? Pre-booking is not available at the port. Other than the price, and distance to ship, what are the differences? How do I find out what terminal my ship is in so I know what lot to use? (We are on HAL Niew

Amsterdam). Check out the ship schedule on the website below 7 days ahead of your cruise for your terminal number. It will also be posted on a big sign when you enter the port and the officers at the security booth will know too. I heard the cruise pier parking is very confusing, is this true? No Any other info would certainly be appreciated.

For lots of good information on the Port Everglades check the official website: www.porteverglades.net.