A few questions about dining (Club class dining/ Crab Shack/ Specialty restaurants)

Evkalyn

We are considering booking a meal at one of the specialty restaurants but would like to eat at the Crab Shack as well. Is there any way to find out which night the crab shack will be available? Is it only one night per cruise or is it available on any sort of schedule?

Also, we will have club class dining which is billed as an enhanced menu. Wondering if anyone has experience with this? What makes it enhanced other than reserved seating in the dining room? Would you forgo the specialty restaurants because of the "enhancements"?

Thanks!

We are considering booking a meal at one of the specialty restaurants but would like to eat at the Crab Shack as well. Is there any way to find out which night the crab shack will be available? Is it only one night per cruise or is it available on any sort of schedule?

Also, we will have club class dining which is billed as an enhanced menu. Wondering if anyone has experience with this? What makes it enhanced other than reserved seating in the dining room? Would you forgo the specialty restaurants because of the "enhancements"?

Thanks!

The enhancement is one side dish type entree.

Otherwise the menu is the same as the rest of the DR. ;)

No way to tell ahead of time when the Crab Shack will be.

I see from your other post you are on Regal Princess. As it has a dedicated area for Crab Shack they do offer it a bit more often than the non-Royal class ships (usually only one or twice per cruise on those others). If you do not see a listing of the specific dates on embarkation day (either posted in the Horizon Court, or listed in the Princess Patter) just call the Dine Line to find out which days it will be open.

There are tons of threads below discussing the relative value (or lack thereof) of Club Class dining. Many of which are quite heated. Probably best to go in with no expectations with the hope of being pleasantly surprised.

Thanks!

We were on the Emerald Princess in July. We ate at the Crab Shack. This was the second or third time we have tried the Crab Shack. We were disappointed in the food this past time. The other times were good. It is hit or miss. As for number of nights, it depends. First time it was 2 times and this last time it was 3 different nights. Talk to the dining crew when you board, they will be able to tell you and help you make reservations. Good luck

Edited by rhskins50
added more text to answer questions

Crab Shack schedules can be known only onboard. On embarkation day, there is always a poster when the Crab Shack will be. You can tell the Horizon Court waitstaff that you want to reserve. Thereafter, there is a small poster on a table that indicates when the next Crab Shack will be, if any. Or you can always ask a waitstaff for info.

Crab Shack evenings are posted once on board. The number of evenings vary depending on the the number of days for the cruise, departing times from ports of call and other factors specific to your cruise. No real need to book specialty dining in advance. It is easy to book on board. You mention you are in Club Class Dining. If you have a full suite you do receive free specialty dining on the first evening. This is not included as a perk for Club Class mini suites.

Thanks!

We've stayed predominately in window suites on the Grand sailing out of SanFran. The first night on the ship is "free" dining in a specialty restaurant whenever staying in a suite. So we get that regularly.

Club Class dining was amazing (to me). There was a different menu option every night, either a play on what the MDR was serving, IE lobster night we were offered Lobster Thermidor, another night they had steak, while we were offered steak diane; But most of the time it was a completely different plate than what was offered. There were also different appetizer and dessert choices several nights.

We enjoyed CC so much, we actually didn't go additional times to Crown Grill like we normally would. It was always a nice surprise to see what was offered. Next cruise we have an additional specialty dining prepaid by our TA. I'm kind of overwhelmed as this is only a 7 dayer and I'll have to be rolled off the ship after 2 specialty dinings!

Crab shack dates are printed in the Patter. I've only gotten a heads up a couple of times from crew members and only 2 days before. I've noticed they seem to be on sea days, but I could be completely wrong. I'm going to guess crab shack happens about every 3 days. I personally am allergic to crab, so have never partaken. I've tried to convince hubby to go, but he doesn't.

Club Class dining was amazing (to me). There was a different menu option every night, either a play on what the MDR was serving, IE lobster night we were offered Lobster Thermidor, another night they had steak, while we were offered steak diane; But most of the time it was a completely different plate than what was offered. There were also different appetizer and dessert choices several nights.

We enjoyed CC so much, we actually didn't go additional times to Crown Grill like we normally would. .

Thanks for posting this! We're looking forward to CC Dining on our upcoming cruise! :D