LIVEish, 9 Days on Anthem (8/31/2017 or 31/8/2017 better yet August 31, 2017)

chandom

We showed up for tender tickets just before 430. There was a line but it moved quickly and we got the time that we wanted. An hour into ticket distribution it was announced that all that was left was for 730 or 8 AM only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What time are your tickets?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ours are 10. Looks like we're running slightly ahead of schedule.

Still, I am not a big fan of tendering

Edited by mizLORInj

LOVE Mike's!!! [emoji7][emoji513]That line moves pretty quickly, don't let it scare anyone away. Just know what you want when you get to the counter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mikes is iconic, but I like Modern better. Maria's is also great but doesn't have the choices. I always suggest a cannoli taste off of those three for visitors!

Here's an update on tendering. They ran into a problem with the aft gangway. We are still not off the ship and we had a 10 am ticket time/27. They've just resumed calling numbers. We are still waiting to hear our number.

When we got off at 830 that gangway was super shaky and unsteady. The water and the wind keeps moving the ship around. The tender ride was really smooth, though.

Tip to those who want to do Cadillac Mountain..do it first. It was bumper to bumper traffic and a full parking lot at 10am. Tour guide says they shut down the road at noon.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OP, We are scheduled on Anthem to Bermuda on 9/9 when you return. If Irma turns north and heads up the east coast an alternate itinerary might be Halifax. We have never cruised to New England/Canada before and have heard that the seas tend to be on the "rough" side (although I'm sure it pales in comparison to a Cat 4 hurricane :-)) Can you please tell us how the seas have been for you so far? Enjoying your review, especially the food pictures. Many thanks!

OP, We are scheduled on Anthem to Bermuda on 9/9 when you return. If Irma turns north and heads up the east coast an alternate itinerary might be Halifax. We have never cruised to New England/Canada before and have heard that the seas tend to be on the "rough" side (although I'm sure it pales in comparison to a Cat 4 hurricane :-)) Can you please tell us how the seas have been for you so far? Enjoying your review, especially the food pictures. Many thanks!
It has been surprisingly calm up until yesterday. We had perfect weather til Portland..left in rain and it was choppy. I actually made the comment that it finally felt like I was on the water. It still wasn't any rougher than normal to me.

Tendering early was easy and quick.

When you requested tickets yesterday, you told them which half hour block you wanted. "A" was 7:30-8:00, "B" was 8:00-8:30, etc. "A" group received tender tickets 1-5, "B" 6-10, etc. again.

So just before 7:30, they called for anyone with tickets 1-5 to proceed to the gangway. We had #6, so we went when they called 6-10, just before 8:00. Well, here's the deal -- they never asked for or looked at the tender tickets! Two guys in front of us said they didn't have tickets and were told it didn't matter, just hop on.

So who knows if it will always be that way, but for today at least, you could have gone whenever you wanted!

We had a wonderful local tour to Acadia, then a delicious lobster roll for lunch in town. I walked the shore path and am on the tender (a huge whale watching boat) ready to head back to Anthem. Weather is about as perfect as can be!

198b7130740916882e4d6d5e2f0614e1.jpg2396043b0f6761cae7f0ee49dd463993.jpg

We had a wonderful local tour to Acadia, then a delicious lobster roll for lunch in town. I walked the shore path and am on the tender (a huge whale watching boat) ready to head back to Anthem. Weather is about as perfect as can be!

Do you mind letting me know who you used for your tour to Acadia National Park?

Everything looks really yummy!!

We will be sailing on Anthem 8/23/18. We are in cabin #6162, which is an obstructed cabin, would love to see a picture of the balcony, or one from the outside of the ship, it is located at the front of the ship, just where the ship starts to curve in.

Really looking forward to your review!!

@debshomespun, the obstruction for 6162 is pretty extensive. Here are some pics from underneath.

d58f2419a319964ff133b39c6a8236f3.jpg18c5cf59f7f28871382c2bee22fb5906.jpg9199224d119e9799826d3e1209315bd0.jpg

Not at all, we shared a tour with Linda from At Your Service tours with two other couples from the roll call.

Thanks - I will check them out. We will be on the Adventure Snowbird Migration Cruise in October 2018 and really want to go to Acadia National Park.

I think we used At Your Service too. Highly recommended. They charged by the hour. We had a minivan and since there was four of us, it was just our party. We got to decide when we wanted to stop. Our tour guide, Grant B, was great. His family has been summering in Bar Harbor for generations so he was able to give us a great perspective of the island and Acadia.

I think we used At Your Service too. Highly recommended. They charged by the hour. We had a minivan and since there was four of us, it was just our party. We got to decide when we wanted to stop. Our tour guide, Grant B, was great. His family has been summering in Bar Harbor for generations so he was able to give us a great perspective of the island and Acadia.

It was At Your Service and thought high marks of Grant as well.

Sent from a mobile device

@Sbtchr,

It appears there are different size D1 balconies. I'm currently booked in cabin 6244, which is a D8 category balcony, but due to its location (on the hump), it looks a little larger than the normal D8 balcony. I keep looking at cabin 8248 for its depth, as it too is a D1, but it looks extra long. I was hoping your cabin was 6244. Oh well, wishful thinking. If you or anybody on this thread who's currently on the ship, can get photos of that cabin, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

@debshomespun, the obstruction for 6162 is pretty extensive. Here are some pics from underneath.

d58f2419a319964ff133b39c6a8236f3.jpg18c5cf59f7f28871382c2bee22fb5906.jpg9199224d119e9799826d3e1209315bd0.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to take the pictures and posting them. I appreciate it!!

How warm has the temperatures been? Looks like you are having a wonderful time!

WJ Recon

Cupcake night for desserts. Theme was tex-mex with items like fajita seasoned beef and chicken plus things like melted cheese.

Once again I was unable to get the CK menus. I'll see if something can be granted to get those menus (maybe).c3cd05540c2609918db51635ddc887f7.jpg

Sent from a mobile device