Passport and birth certificate

Mrjwatts

Ditto.

What Keith said.

But if you only have the BC, I would certainly recommend getting a passport.

There are risks involved with traveling internationally without a passport.

Even though you are on a ship, if something should happen and you need to FLY - you could experience a great delay (or not able to fly). Not worth it, when you put some forethought into emergencies.

Thanks i have my passport just making sure i dont need to bring my birth certificate too

The only reason you would need your birth certificate is if something happened to your passport on the way to the ship. I would leave it with a family member who could fax it to the port in that eventuality.

Do you think i will need my birth certificate and a passport to be on the safe side on a cruise to the western Caribbean

All you need is your passport. No need at all to take a birth certificate along.

make sure to have a driver's license too (if you are in the US and are flying domestically).

The most unfortunate thing happened to use after our last cruise: we were checking in for our flight at FLL airport, and the airline clerk lost my husband's driver's license right there in front of us. We handed her 2 driver's licenses and she handed back only one of them with 2 boarding passes. That was it. She never found the other driver's license and was visibly annoyed by our repeated requests to look for it some more.

Thank goodness, we both had passports with us and were able to pass through TSA checkpoint with them.