How long before Royal updates Eastern cruises?

volk904

Would love for them to go to Guadeloupe and Martinique more often, yes I know their not everyone's favourite islands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did an RCCL cruise years ago that sailed from the Dominican Republic to both Guadeloupe and Martinique. It was such an unusual itinerary. I really enjoyed it.

According to the cruise director on the Adventure, they just spent 7 hours picking up people from St. Martin.

Hopefully, the cruise lines and the Dutch and French navies will deliver plenty of supplies to help rehabilitate the island.

From Dutch naval ship Zeeland crew operations photos. 'There's the adventure of the seas, a cruise ship from an organization that has offered to evacuate tourists. They had also taken extra water and food for the shelters.. this ship is next to us'.

21430546_1725103207785973_6221550357592084951_n.jpg?oh=626871adc8de9595f126366df160a75d&oe=5A166B97

Also from HNLMS Zeeland crew photos

De bemanning heeft vervolgens diverse taken op zich genomen. Hier een overzicht van de ravage op het haventerrein. Voordat andere schepen kunnen afmeren en alles weer begaanbaar is moet er een hoop gebeuren, alle hulp is dan welkom!

The crew then took on various tasks. Here's an overview of the havoc on the port. Before other ships are able to dock and everything is [functional] again, a lot must happen, all help is welcome!

21432744_1725102867786007_8799938978344522597_n.jpg?oh=2c1dd0b911d6eea1d3b203d396834a5b&oe=5A598F99

People are resilient, and they are capable. Expecting that because a store is blown down that the people won't figure out a way to make it work is just people living comfortable first world lives not understanding how people overcome obstacles. I don't know, but I bet that within a month the people of St Maarten figure it out. I know many of those folks and they are strong and determined.

JC

I hope you are right. I love St. Maarten and can't wait to return again.

Just got word from RC that they are replacing the 9/24 Oasis Eastern sailing stop at St Marteen with St Kitts

Just curious where you heard/saw this. I am on this cruise too. Glad that we still get an Eastern cruise.

N/M just got the update myself from RC.

We are on a 12 night in December that includes St Thomas and St Maarten. I doubt we would change our sailing, or cancel, but would be nice to know what itinerary changes they might make prior to final payment.

Was so looking forward to St Maarten.

Might change to St. Kitts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

It is definitely St Kitts now - this is the RC email from earlier this afternoon

About your upcoming travels

Royal Caribbean Update: Due to the impact of Hurricane Irma on St. Maarten, we have altered your September 24th Oasis of the Seas itinerary. We will now be visiting Basseterre, St. Kitts on September 27st instead of St. Maarten. Any pre-paid shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment, and you will have an opportunity to book shore excursions for St. Kitts online via our Pre Cruise Planner and once you board.

Just curious where you heard/saw this. I am on this cruise too. Glad that we still get an Eastern cruise.

N/M just got the update myself from RC.

I had included my cell for text updates when doing the online check in several weeks back. Guessing that was why. Here is the exact text received:

"S: Important update for Oasis of the Seas

Royal Caribbean Update: Due to the impact of Hurricane Irma on St. Maarten, we have altered your September 24th Oasis of the Seas itinerary. We will now be visiting Basseterre, St. Kitts on September 27st instead of St. Maarten. Any pre-paid shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment, and you will have an opportunity to book shore excursions for St. Kitts online via our Pre Cruise Planner and once you board.

Reply with YES to confirm."

Just got an email that our 10/8 Oasis sailing will be visiting Nassau instead of St. Martin. That's ok, we'll still be on a cruise. Looking forward to getting back to St. Martin as soon as possible.

I wonder how they decide Nassau/St Kitts. The previous week the reroute is St. Kitts.

Just got an email that our 10/8 Oasis sailing will be visiting Nassau instead of St. Martin. That's ok, we'll still be on a cruise. Looking forward to getting back to St. Martin as soon as possible.

I wonder how they decide Nassau/St Kitts. The previous week the reroute is St. Kitts.

St Kitts was already booked for 10/11 and 10/12, the two possible days we could dock in St Kitts.

Don't think St Martin will be on any itinerary for a long time. It was devastated. The port shops are all gone and the piers sustained heavy damage. Lots of the hotels are reporting that they will not be accepting reservations until May.

That is May of 2018. They need the dollars but have no infrastructure to support tourists.

I have read many reports stating that over 72% of homes in St. Maarten were destroyed. Can you even imagine 72% of people with no homes? That's terrible news for this beautiful island. Whenever it is ready for tourists to return, we will certainly be putting more of our money out at this gracious and beautiful port. It's one of our favorites. I am so sad to see the destruction.