Princess Ezair

macleay

Once I priced out my itinerary on Delta with particular flights, I called Princess to see if they could price out that particular itin. The EZair search engine doesn't accommodate Delta One, which is more expensive than First Class. It was a long, back and forth conversation with Princess reservations since the public can't speak directly with EZair reps-- or at least that is what I was told.

According to my TA, a passenger can call EZ Air with out going through the agent (or Princess Rep). I just looked at EZ Air's website and there is a number.

https://www.princess.com/plan/ezair/?cid=bm_paidsearch_BKWS_google_PrincessEZAirFlights_ezairprincess_Exact_isl&_vsrefdom=mca&mchxkw=c:708533224,k:ez%20air%20princess,m:e,p:1t1,d:c,ai:33823380221,ad:213784738924,s:g&d=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIos_IwOa82gIVymSGCh3XMg_eEAAYASAAEgLbUfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I don't know if this is a recent change from what you experienced....

I called that # last week and got a Princess rep NOT ez air. The Princess rep then contacted ez air with my request.

Maybe it changed. Sorry. I later saw that number listed elsewhere. I agree - it would not be as direct. Actually - come to think about it, when my TA called last week to ticket my flight - she had to be put on hold for the request also. I guess the moral of the story is that passengers can call Princess about this (even if they have a TA), though you don't get through to the air department directly.

I was frustrated recently as I wanted some info from Shore Excursion department - I called Princess and she was waiting on hold and then it went to voice mail. So the person I spoke to could not even get through to the shore excursion department.

Edited by Coral

I booked my cruise today, with the current Come Back New promo, offering a discount on EZAir. I was going to have my TA ask the Princess rep if the promo would still apply to air changes made after the expiration date of the promo, but my regular TA was gone and I ended up with a newbie and didn't want to confuse her. I knew more than she did! But since I got round trip air from Las Vegas to Miami for $68 ea, I didn't really figure I'd find it cheaper, so that info didn't need to be found out.

Thanks for the earlier help.

• 9 months later...

We were notified today that our return flight (booked through EZ Air) from Vancouver to Orlando was canceled by the airline (American). The next American flight is the next morning. Will Princess rebook us on the next available flight? Will they find the least cost? Will they charge us the difference?  The only flight which is not an overnight flight is on Air Canada and is available though at a cost higher than we had booked.

39 minutes ago, flviking said:

We were notified today that our return flight (booked through EZ Air) from Vancouver to Orlando was canceled by the airline (American). The next American flight is the next morning. Will Princess rebook us on the next available flight? Will they find the least cost? Will they charge us the difference?  The only flight which is not an overnight flight is on Air Canada and is available though at a cost higher than we had booked.

You need to call Princess asap.

I have never been able to talk directly to an EZ Air rep and I know of no phone number that allows that.

For me it has always been dealt with by a regular Princess rep relaying details while on the phone.

In my experience if you have a TA/EZ Air it is still dealt with by the passenger.

I called them this morning.  They told me $1200 more per person!  I'm going to call again tomorrow hoping to get a different person/answer.  I know if I had booked directly with the airline I wouldn't be paying any extra. I would be on the next flight which had seats without question.  As we are flying in a day early anyhow I guess EZAir may have been a mistake.

18 hours ago, flviking said:

Has the airline already been paid by Princess for the ticket? If so, call the airline and ask what they can do since they cancelled your flight.

• 3 weeks later...

Never again with "EZ" Air. Spent over an hour with the Princess agent/middleperson.  I had already called American and they told me they would change my flight no charge because they changed their schedule.  Princess insisted I would have to pay over $1000 extra as they do not rebook individual flights.  Crazy as we have different airlines outbound and return so we know they are not ticketed together and have different record locators. At the end I told Princess I was not agreeing to pay any extra so they could just issue the ticket for the flight which doesn't exist and I'll take care of it on my own.  An hour  later I received a new air itinerary from Princess.  No note, no comment but the flights I asked for are now confirmed for the same price.  I feel this was an effort to charge us a significant addition and Princess was never going to pay it to the airline just like I wouldn't have had too.  Next time I'll book flights on my own. We always fly in a day early to be safe.  Appears to be a money grab in my opinion. Buyer beware!

EZAIR is actually a separate agency that handles air arrangements for HAL, Seabourn, Princess and perhaps another line.  Princess tries to use their regular phone reps to handle most EZAIR issues and only transfers you if they deem it necessary (or if you really insist).  

We have used EZAIR for some complex Business Class arrangements and have always done well by getting directly to an EZAIR person (they truly understand airline booking issues).  Dealing with the regular Princess phone reps can become an exercise in frustration as their training for air issues seems to be quite limited. 

Over the years we have learned not to use EZAIR for basic domestic flights as we can usually do just as well (or better) by making our own reservations online...via any of several decent booking engines.  One should always keep in mind that most cruise lines do not deal with Southwest Airlines which is often the best bet for many cruisers.  But when it comes to International flights this is where EZAIR really shines.  And if you are looking for a good Business Class deal (on International) you can often save thousands of dollars using EZAIR vs booking on your own.

Hank

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Booked EZ air and have had 3 flight changes in 4 mos. since booking our Princess Cruise -the first 2 changes were insignificant but latest added an extra leg, backtracking west back east and the worst- finding the flight arriving to JFK gives us 48 min ( if arriving flight on time) to get from domestic terminal(as well as off the flight) to change over to outbound fight in International Terminal! It is humanely impossible to make this flight even in the best of situations! I called TA but they told us to wait since flights likely to change more times in the next few months- and so I called Delta directly. If you didn’t make final payment you have only flight record, no real existing ticket for Delta to even check or help with! I am waiting to hear back from the flight department to see how to just get us enough time( usually need 1.5-3 hrs) to  make our international flight. Hopefully we will not regret saving money instead of outright securing flight ourselves through the airline.