St Thomas cruise stop after hurricane Irma

beautifulbill

Sr Thomas and St John were devistated in the hurricane

I don't know how many cruise ships are involved but some have volunteered to transport supplies to those islands they will then bring stranded tourists back to the states

The tourist areas look like war zones. I dont know how much damage the piers and docks suffered

I doubt any ships will be visiting St Thomas for some time

For reasons unknown, the media is not reporting on the damage the USVI suffered. These islands will need any and all help both financial and political that people can provide

Please help if you can

There's a lot of Virgin Islands news coverage -- check Google news.

If you mean whoever is yelling the loudest on cable news networks *tonight*, I assume they are obligated to cover the US impacts right now.

I'm not trying to be insensitive, it's just the way it is. It's good that you're trying to raise awareness, but I think CC members are probably already more aware of the Caribbean devastation than most. If you're active in other social media communities, that would be where to spread the word.

There are also a lot of existing threads here about all the eastern port islands.

Sr Thomas and St John were devistated in the hurricane

I don't know how many cruise ships are involved but some have volunteered to transport supplies to those islands they will then bring stranded tourists back to the states

The tourist areas look like war zones. I dont know how much damage the piers and docks suffered

I doubt any ships will be visiting St Thomas for some time

For reasons unknown, the media is not reporting on the damage the USVI suffered. These islands will need any and all help both financial and political that people can provide

Please help if you can

I agree, I can see 6-12 months just to clean up. Its kind of ironic NCL was the first company to offer help to St Thomas to take off people. I wonder what the Navy or Marines are doing?

• 1 month later...