lost and found question

bnorris10

Lost an item - filled out a report

I also reached out to John Heald as I figured he could get in touch with the boat quicker - within 24 hours someone from the boat posted on my message to john that they found my item and they were sending it to miami and from there it would get returned to me

So with the storm i understand delays etc ... So but my question is what happens if between then and later they lose the said item do I have any recourse? And before you ask no I don't have travel insurance and please don't lecture me on needing it.

I also reached out to John Heald as I figured he could get in touch with the boat quicker - within 24 hours someone from the boat posted on my message to john that they found my item and they were sending it to miami and from there it would get returned to me

So with the storm i understand delays etc ... So but my question is what happens if between then and later they lose the said item do I have any recourse? And before you ask no I don't have travel insurance and please don't lecture me on needing it.

I've never seen mention of any recourse. I think I'd just be grateful Carnival is willing to help.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2563/~/lost-and-found-%28missing-items%29

Why not wait until the item YOU LOST shows up? No lectures on trip insurance because stuff like this never happens to you.

No , you have no recourse if the item YOU first lost gets lost in an attempt to return it to you. If that were the case, no one would ever return anything for fear of being responsible.

Perhaps they could have made you come back to Miami and retrieve the item yourself.

We left a small bag (insulated lunch bag size) on the Vista the cruise before her repositioning to Miami. Filed the report as soon as we noticed the bag was not with us (the next day). Luckily all that was in the bag was some spare medications, some chocolate from each island, handmade soaps, and some spices. We did not bother submitting an insurance claim because the purchases were about $65, and it would of been only $5-7 to replace the bag.

We were told it could take at least 2 months for them to sort out all the lost and found items from the Vista, since just prior to our sailing she was in the Mediterranean, apparently they had a small cargo container worth of items. Our cruise ended mid November, around Easter this April, a Carnival rep called saying they found a bag bag that matched the description we provided but wanted permission to open the bag to confirm. In all honesty we forgot about the bag and it's contents, only remembering about the chocolate. Once confirmed they offered to ship the bag back to us for a fee via FedEx, we accepted the charge paying by CC over the phone. About 2 weeks later the bag was delivered, all items were intact.

Geez why all the hostility?

I sure didn't intend any hostility, and I'm sorry if you jumped to that conclusion. I sure hope the OP receives the lost items. I truly believe Carnival has the OP's best interests at heart, but honestly I've never heard of any recourse under these circumstances if the OP does not eventually receive his/her lost item.

Just a heads up. I lost a $500 camera lens on the Victory 5 years ago. I filed a claim on the ship and checked with lost and found every day. We received a phone call 2 weeks after the cruise that our lens was found and they were mailing it to us. It took 5 weeks, even without hurricanes, for it to arrive. Be patient and give it plenty of time to get to you!