Epic Thermal Suite Outside Relaxation Deck?

Dame@sea

Long time lurker and seldom poster here,

Is the outside deck on The Epic thermal suite open the entire time that the thermal suite is open or do they close it at sundown?

Thanks,

It was always open on my June sailing.

I wouldn't call it a deck though, its more like a varanda with a few lounge chairs. It is a great space!

d25599a03401f119363a4b231c8281c7.jpg598311b32aa515f64676ed3b79086f8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

No glassware allowed in the spa, bringing your own F&B may be frowned upon by other guests but there's no real supervision and/or the spa reception isn't directly at the spa entrance.. There's a flavoured water and tea stand at the entrance of the spa with plastic cups for guests.

I would use/book a balcony for what you planned.

No glassware allowed in the spa, bringing your own F&B may be frowned upon by other guests but there's no real supervision and/or the spa reception isn't directly at the spa entrance.. There's a flavoured water and tea stand at the entrance of the spa with plastic cups for guests.

I would use/book a balcony for what you planned.

That's what we're exploring... using that beautiful balcony - with easy access to the pool, jacuzzi, sauna, showers, etc - at the back of the Thermal Spa. ;)

We just discovered they will serve drinks there too!!

That's what we're exploring... using that beautiful balcony - with easy access to the pool, jacuzzi, sauna, showers, etc - at the back of the Thermal Spa. ;)

We just discovered they will serve drinks there too!!

Never saw staff serving guests in the spa, not disagreeing with you btw but not sure about wait staff around.

Never saw staff serving guests in the spa, not disagreeing with you btw but not sure about wait staff around.

The person who reported receiving drinks in the jacuzzi said all it took was asking at the desk, and a waiter was sent in. Plastic cups only. :tropical-drink:

Won't be able to test that claim ourselves until February. :cool:

I would characterize calling for a bar server to come wait on you in the Thermal Suite as "high maintenance". Not saying it can't be done or that you shouldn't do it, but it is certainly unusual (like the other posters, I have never seen it). One issue is that your keycard will be at the reception, so that complicates the transaction, and creates additional work for the server, who is already having to make two trips far from his/her station, to take your order and then bring your order.

There is no problem at all stopping by a bar on your way to the spa and bringing in your own drink. And why not a little plate of snacks. You can be sure that someone in the spa is going to give you the stink-eye for this, but as long as you are reasonably considerate to the other guests, I don't see any issue, and it's not against the spa rules. But camping out "all day" on the balcony: Please don't do that, because everyone else should have an opportunity to enjoy that area, too.

I would characterize calling for a bar server to come wait on you in the Thermal Suite as "high maintenance". Not saying it can't be done or that you shouldn't do it, but it is certainly unusual (like the other posters, I have never seen it). One issue is that your keycard will be at the reception, so that complicates the transaction, and creates additional work for the server, who is already having to make two trips far from his/her station, to take your order and then bring your order.

There is no problem at all stopping by a bar on your way to the spa and bringing in your own drink. And why not a little plate of snacks. You can be sure that someone in the spa is going to give you the stink-eye for this, but as long as you are reasonably considerate to the other guests, I don't see any issue, and it's not against the spa rules. But camping out "all day" on the balcony: Please don't do that, because everyone else should have an opportunity to enjoy that area, too.

We're far from high maintenance, however, considering the spa is a paid service, if beverage service is indeed available and we so choose, we will utilize it. Likewise, if there's no time limit on the balcony, we'll stay they as long as we wish. Giving the stink eye says much more about the giver than the receiver. :lips-sealed:

I've been on cruises with you before. Or people like you.

:'):'):'):')

Let me guess, you're the ones giving those who are up and on the prime pool loungers at 7am the stink eye when you roll out of bed hungover at 11am, and drag yourselves up top expecting the loungers they already have?

Just a thought, but maybe you'd be happier if you worried about yourself and focused on maximizing your own experience, rather than coveting others'? :confused:;p

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

Guess again: I'm the one who freed up my lounger on the spa balcony after 30 minutes so that you could use it next. But you're right, maybe I should think more about myself in the future instead of worrying about others' experience.

Doubtful, since we've not been there yet. ;p

And yeah, you should. And while you're at it, you should also work on that judging strangers on the internet thing too. Those who focus on maximizing themselves and their own life experiences truly are far happier than those who focus on and judge others. :)

• 2 months later...

I am one who disliked the Epic Thermal spa.

Too many loud drunks in the hot tubs and people did camp out all day on the ceramic loungers and day beds outside.

I will pass.

IMHO I like a spa with a zen, quiet vibe. Not a happy hour zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a little note about snacks at the spa:

We were in the Breakaway’s spa (Bliss!!!) a few weeks ago & saw a woman try to bring a tray of snacks into the spa. The crew stopped her & said it wasn’t permitted because of health codes. Granted, it was a big room service sized tray & she had to go past the desk so it may be different on other ships (especially if you’re a little more discrete ;) )