Port of Call Change-Insurance Claim

MEME&JOE92

I'm not saying you are wrong, but that is not what I get from that graphic. It has these amounts in the limit of liability column. I have a hard time believing that in the absence of an actual financial loss caused by the itinerary change they will insure you against disappointment. I went to the site the graphic came from and could not find anything with a more detailed description of how that coverage actually works.

I guess we will find out as you pursue this. Please let us know how it ends up working in practice.

I was set to cruise to Bermuda on September 17th .. of course in between Irma and Jose --- I called nationwide to see what I needed to do to be proactive... I spoke to a supervisor and this is what I was told and I as well, recapped back to her ... she also notated our conversation and provided me a claim # to proceed with in case I need to file a claim:

Nationwide cruise choice

Sail date - September 17

Itinerary change on September 16 or before ... $750 / pp on the policy

Arrive to or leave from original port 3+ hours or missed port on September 17 - 22 (during the cruise) ... $200 / pp on the policy

Prepaid excursion missed due to above .. all non refundable charges up to $500 / pp on the policy

These reimbursements are a flat dollar amount ... not per port or occurrence

I'm not saying you are wrong, but that is not what I get from that graphic. It has these amounts in the limit of liability column. I have a hard time believing that in the absence of an actual financial loss caused by the itinerary change they will insure you against disappointment. I went to the site the graphic came from and could not find anything with a more detailed description of how that coverage actually works.

I guess we will find out as you pursue this. Please let us know how it ends up working in practice.

It's going to be awhile for that claim, but there are reports of others on here that have made claims and already gotten reimbursed or are in the process of now. It is in fact strictly for missed port of calls and no excursions even need to be scheduled. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. Call InsureMyTrip and ask them.

So, I just called and spoke to the third person about the itinerary change and the coverage. I was told once again that they would only pay the $750 if I had excursions booked and would lose that money or if there was any other form of financial loss. They said they wouldn't pay just because we were going to different locations.

So, I just called and spoke to the third person about the itinerary change and the coverage. I was told once again that they would only pay the $750 if I had excursions booked and would lose that money or if there was any other form of financial loss. They said they wouldn't pay just because we were going to different locations.��

When did you buy the insurance? Do you have the confirmation from InsureMyTrip showing the policy you purchased has that coverage?

The event hasn't happened yet, it is only planned. You will have to wait until after you have sailed on the different itenerary. Unforeseen circumstances could change your itinerary again at this point.

Good point. They must think they are talking about making a claim right now which they can't for the Port Of Call change as you actually have to sail first. They may be able to process a claim for non refundable excursions now, I'm not sure and that might be what they are referring to.

When did you buy the insurance? Do you have the confirmation from InsureMyTrip showing the policy you purchased has that coverage?

I got the insurance last month. I purchased it directly through nationwide. Below is what is written in the policy.

ITINERARY CHANGE

In the event a Cruise makes a Change in Your Trip Itinerary prior to Your actual departure date we will pay up to theMaximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage. Change in Your Trip Itinerary shall mean the Cruise has a documented change of Port of Call from the scheduleditinerary.

I got the insurance last month. I purchased it directly through nationwide. Below is what is written in the policy.

ITINERARY CHANGE

In the event a Cruise makes a Change in Your Trip Itinerary prior to Your actual departure date we will pay up to theMaximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage. Change in Your Trip Itinerary shall mean the Cruise has a documented change of Port of Call from the scheduled itinerary.

If you bought it after the storm was named, then you may not have that coverage.

Also, what state do you reside in? I wasn't sure if that was cleared up earlier

ITINERARY CHANGE

In the event a Cruise makes a Change in Your Trip Itinerary prior to Your actual departure date we will pay up to theMaximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage. Change in Your Trip Itinerary shall mean the Cruise has a documented change of Port of Call from the scheduleditinerary.

It's right there in black and white ... they have to honor it ...unless the policy was purchased after the storms were active (I believe)

Good point. They must think they are talking about making a claim right now which they can't for the Port Of Call change as you actually have to sail first. They may be able to process a claim for non refundable excursions now, I'm not sure and that might be what they are referring to.

True .. but I'm sure the representative asked for her policy number and saw that she hasn't sailed yet ... maybe just miscommunication and thrnrep thought she wanted to make a claim now ... but the rep should have explained what she was referring to and then gone on to explain the itinerary change ... the women I spoke to wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise at first ... she wanted to make sure she informed me of all my benefits and "what if's"

True .. but I'm sure the representative asked for her policy number and saw that she hasn't sailed yet ... maybe just miscommunication and thrnrep thought she wanted to make a claim now ... but the rep should have explained what she was referring to and then gone on to explain the itinerary change ... the women I spoke to wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise at first ... she wanted to make sure she informed me of all my benefits and "what if's"

I'm thinking they bought it after the hurricanes. If not, then I don't know what the Reps are talking about.

So, I just called and spoke to the third person about the itinerary change and the coverage. I was told once again that they would only pay the $750 if I had excursions booked and would lose that money or if there was any other form of financial loss. They said they wouldn't pay just because we were going to different locations.��

I had to go back and read this ... they are somehow confusing the itinerary change PRIOR to departure which is $750 with non refundable excursions... but that benefit is $500 ... the rep is confused ... next time, ask to speak to a supervisor ... I would start off with my cruise is xx/xx/xx and there's a possibility that our itinerary will change ... make a list with short precise questions and go over each one ... wait until you are satisfied also bring up the verbiage for the policy and ask them to explain with along with examples

Those making a claim on these ships need to go to guest services and request a print out!

On the last morning of the cruise, a statement detailing all purchases made with the Sail &Sign card will be delivered to guest staterooms. In our ongoing green efforts, the following ships do not deliver statements to the staterooms: Carnival Glory, Carnival Imagination and Carnival Magic. Guests can view their statements at a Sail & Sign Kiosk, at Guest Services or on their stateroom interactive television.

Those making a claim on these ships need to go to guest services and request a print out!

On the last morning of the cruise, a statement detailing all purchases made with the Sail &Sign card will be delivered to guest staterooms. In our ongoing green efforts, the following ships do not deliver statements to the staterooms: Carnival Glory, Carnival Imagination and Carnival Magic. Guests can view their statements at a Sail & Sign Kiosk, at Guest Services or on their stateroom interactive television.

You can also email your statement to yourself from the kiosk

Thanks Cruise Critic and all you smart posters for alerting me to a clause in the policy that I had never noticed. I have Nationwide Choice for my upcoming November 4 cruise that was scheduled for an eastern route. Looks like all of my ports have been changed so I should have a valid claim for $750 (X2), which will just about mean I will be cruising free. Has anyone actually had a claim validated and received reimbursement in the past few weeks?

Mine was last year due to hurricane Matthew. Sent in the paperwork and received a check shortly after. I have started my claims for my oct 22nd and my Jan 13th cruise.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks Cruise Critic and all you smart posters for alerting me to a clause in the policy that I had never noticed. I have Nationwide Choice for my upcoming November 4 cruise that was scheduled for an eastern route. Looks like all of my ports have been changed so I should have a valid claim for $750 (X2), which will just about mean I will be cruising free. Has anyone actually had a claim validated and received reimbursement in the past few weeks?

is it true that the first round of drinks are on you now? :cool:

... I should have a valid claim for $750 (X2) ...
I believe you only get X1 no matter how many ports change.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I believe you only get X1 no matter how many ports change.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

1/pp on the policy ... 2 people @ $750 each

Mine was last year due to hurricane Matthew. Sent in the paperwork and received a check shortly after. I have started my claims for my oct 22nd and my Jan 13th cruise.

What documentation do you sent for proof of payment? We used gift cards and credit cards to pay for the cruise ... also, my boyfriend and I each used different cards too ...

I just got my letter from CCL for my itinerary change on my November cruise and I know I have to wait until we return because have to send in copies of the statements to show we cruised ... what else is needed?

Look at my post # 31. I posted what they asked for. Also, I used gift cards which makes it a bit harder. But I was able to get my claim processes without the proof of payment. They called my PVP and she gave them the dates I paid and obviously they let me cruise, so obviously I was paid in full. Also, I was getting a predetermined payout ($750) not a reimbursement for monies paid

Nationwide’s policies are great. My January cruise missed Grand Turk because of high winds. I didn’t realize I could make a claim until 6 months later when I read the policy very carefully. There is missed port BEFORE departure at one rate per person and missed port AFTER departure at a lower rate. After dealing with Carnival to get final folio and letter proving missed port, we got a check for $200 per person (3 people). That $600 was a down payment on another cruise! The insurance only cost me $125.

Sent from my iPad using Forums