Escape From Miami - Kinda, Sorta "Live From" - October 7-14, 2017

POA1

Are the wine prices per glass or bottle?
On the MDR menus, there's a usually a daily wine special with both glass and bottle pricing. The regular wine list has both bottles and glasses pricing. Not every wine is a priced per glass.

Because we were using the UBP, we focused on glass prices. The biggest selection of wines by the glass is in the wine bar. I posted all those earlier in the thread.

One of the best old fashioneds I’ve had. Truly a work of art

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He is an amazing bartender. He would not accept the mixologist title because he said those guys have a degree in chemistry and he does not. My wife enjoyed many of those on our week as well as some other concoctions that he would come up with. His skills and his great sense of humor made it hard for us to go to any other bar that week. Miro was a highlight of our cruise and I'm glad you both enjoyed the old fashioned.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

FREESTYLE DAILY DAY ONE:

The Department of Scanning Things is pleased to present the Day 1 Western Caribbean Freestyle

Late to the party but....THANK YOU!!

The planning God's have blessed me today. We are on the western variation (Falmouth Nassau and great stirrup caye) but I suspect dailies will be pretty much the same.

Greeting from a neighbor in Pembroke Pines and thanks for a great review. I was supposed to sail on the Escape in August of 2016 but my daughter decided to graduate from UCF the same day as the cruise was leaving and I couldn't figure out how to be in Orlando and Miami at the same time.

If you ever stay at the Marriott World Center near Disney say hi to my daughter, she is the lobby bar supervisor.

Thank you. Do they have a separate menu for lunch time?

Let me clarify that: I don't honestly know if the MDR lunch menu changes every day or not.

Perhaps someone else knows?

Let me clarify that: I don't honestly know if the MDR lunch menu changes every day or not.

Perhaps someone else knows?

Lunch menu doesn’t change and savor and taste only open for lunch on sea days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: Maya Chan -- Really enjoying this review as I was also on the 10/7 ESCAPE Western Caribbean. Our group of 19 made it to Maya Chan, and enjoyed the day. The food was totally delicious, and the service warm and hospitable. The water wasn't the most clear, but they have toys and raft type implements for kids of all ages. Pro Tip: Mosquito repellant would have helped out following the brief rain we experienced. Make sure to take a change of clothes for post-beach fun/return to the ship.

It's time to start the Parade of Specialty Menu scans. We'll loop back through later and give you our impressions of each venue, but if you're a planner like us, you want menus.

These menus were made by scanning the hard copies I got from the restaurant manager, so they might be missing some of the background graphics if they are printed on custom paper stock. However, the important stuff is there.

First up:

Bayamo

http://www.evernote.com/l/AFgIxUgSBJBHFbuQ-9igefSmPva6SKd9-zM/

Food Republic (Gastro pub) by Pubbelly:

http://www.evernote.com/l/AFiH-8YL6s5Ig4qB2Q-jrXaiJQOVpL4jXos/

A tip: I'm not sure if they have hard copies of the menus available or not, so you may want to print this one out for guidance. Your main ordering interface is a specialized tablet. That's not a problem for some people, particularly if you are a geek like me. It was more of a challenge for my 80 year old father-in-law. More to follow in the actual restaurant review, but you might benefit from a paper copy.

Pincho y Tapas is the second Jose Garces restaurant after Bayamo. It specializes in small plates.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AFjXSmtb0StBy5uXrRUvGaphnieLmrJmi4A/

Tip: If you are dining with a group, ask your server how many pieces come with each item. You may have to order doubles of some dishes to ensure that everyone gets a whole piece. (You could cut things in half, but then there might be fighting and bloodshed as people are stabbed with tiny wooden skewers.)