chiller vs fridge

haawwks27

ive seen few posts talk about the "fridge" being more of a cooler/chiller.

im just curious if this is on all ships and all rooms?

we are in a royal family suite and have a young child and im trying to see what can be kept in the "fridge"

Almost all ships, regardless of cabin category, have units that keep things barely cool, rarely if ever cold.

If you have something that must be cold, you can use the ice bucket.

You can also take freezer-weight ziplock bags, put the ice in the bag, and use that in the "refrigerator ".

ive seen few posts talk about the "fridge" being more of a cooler/chiller.

im just curious if this is on all ships and all rooms?

we are in a royal family suite and have a young child and im trying to see what can be kept in the "fridge"

Aren't you sailing on Anthem? That is the only ship I have been on that had fridges that kept things cold.

They are "dorm cube" style fridges....if they are in a cabinet, you need to keep the cabinet door ajar, for airflow. That will help with cooling. Just like those dorm type appliances, they aren't designed to store perishables for more than a few days. The temp will get into the low 40's and that's about it.

Our last cruise was on the Harmony and the fridge worked out great. They did not fill it with all the mini bar items so it was empty and it was cold. Loved having my own things in the fridge and hope that all the ships do away with the mini bars in the room.

We had a GS on Grandeur in Aug, the fridge was pretty cold.

But agree with the above about keeping the door cracked. Fridges work on temperature differential. If the air in the cabinet gets warm, the fridge cannot get that cold.

They are "dorm cube" style fridges....if they are in a cabinet, you need to keep the cabinet door ajar, for airflow. That will help with cooling. Just like those dorm type appliances, they aren't designed to store perishables for more than a few days. The temp will get into the low 40's and that's about it.

Low 40's is what normal, kitchen refrigerators should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our last cruise was on the Harmony and the fridge worked out great. They did not fill it with all the mini bar items so it was empty and it was cold. Loved having my own things in the fridge and hope that all the ships do away with the mini bars in the room.

All ships have done away with filling the fridges. All are now empty unless you request stuff. There is a form in your cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums