M Class Ships

shubsens

Looking at future books and there are some interesting itineraries on M class ships and the pricing seems attractive too.

We have only sailed once on the Equinox. Would sailing on the M-class be much different than the S class and would we even notice much of a difference since they are both Celebrity ships.

You will notice the decor. M class more like a private club.

You will notice the storage differences. Bathrooms on S Class have more storage; bedrooms on M Class have more closet and drawer storage.

You will notice that M Class have fewer specialty restaurants.

M Class has salt water pools, S Class has fresh water pools.

Lots of other things. Both should have the same level of service.

Unless you have a suite the bathrooms are like being in a older travel trailer. Not as nice as the S Class.

The cabins are smaller and the balconies are smaller, they are about 4 Ft deep. The CC and AQ balconies don’t have footstools because of them being so shallow.

No World Class Bar.

The Persian Gardens only has a bench seat like a pew along the wall and no windows. Like being in a dungeon.

The ships are still very nice and have their own character and charm. They are classy in the older style of modern ships. Some areas may show a little wear and tear if you are looking for that.

Lounges are a little different.

Look on UTube there are many videos showing the ships in review.

Happy crusing 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

We like them both for different reasons. S class more glitz better bathrooms- never picked a cruise because of the bathroom! M class older, buffet layout challenging- generally crew tries harder to please. On M class if you book a sweet sixteen balcony is huge. IMHO the C1's on the Mclass are great larger than a regular veranda and a huge balcony. The A1s on the aft are also great but just a few of them so they go quickly.

If you can snag a FV on a MClass they are amazing!!. 2 rooms and a huge, I mean huge balcony, part is covered part is open. On a recent B2B we were in a suite on the 1st leg & a FV on the 2nd leg. On the turnaround day we went ashore & the butler moved our stuff. We saw him later and his comment was " Wow, that cabin is amazing. I never saw it before but I know why you would pick it over the suite"

If you like dancing the Mclass ships have a better dance area in the Rendevous lounge than area on the S class.

S class has Murano. Those (Ocean Liners type which were same menus as Murano) are gone. S class has glass like shower doors, M has shower curtains. S class has no clothes line in the shower like M class. On S class ships the verandah, concierge and Aqua staterooms are the same size. The M-class verandah cabins are smaller than concierge and aqua. The M-class ships don't have as easy and roomy layout in the OVC as the S-class. The M-class ships are smaller and carry fewer passengers that their larger S class sisters, however in my opinion the S class ships feel less crowded. Although the S class ships have only two elevator banks instead of three like the M class, they seem to move folks more quickly during crowded times. The M class ships have a mirrored wall opposite from the bed in the concierge staterooms and the S class does not.

All that said, I'd choose the ship with the itinerary and price that I liked and be assured of a wonderful trip.