Change of wine policy?

BonnieSte

The most recent policy I know about is one bottle per person, not two. It seems to me that it has been that way as long as I have been taking Carnival cruises (since 2000) so maybe your friend remebered it wrong or is confusing Carnival with someone else.

The most recent policy I know about is one bottle per person, not two. It seems to me that it has been that way as long as I have been taking Carnival cruises (since 2000) so maybe your friend remebered it wrong or is confusing Carnival with someone else.

She said her travel agent told her but maybe she misunderstood? Thanks for your response.

They did not say per person, they said per room

My friend was told that Carnival has just changed their policy regarding bringing wine on board. She says you can no longer bring 2 bottles per room. Can anyone that just got off a ship verify that?

It has never been two bottles per room, it is one bottle per person and must be carried on. For those of us solo cruisers it is a bit of a sore spot. We pay for two people but are only allowed one bottle of wine.

As of 10/15/17

Q. Do you allow any alcohol to be brought on board?

A. Each adult guest age 21 and over is allowed to bring one bottle of fine (750ml) wine or champagne on board during embarkation.

Q. Can I bring on board a box of wine or wine coolers?

A. A 1.5 liter box of wine is permitted as long as it is brought on board between two adult guests in the same staterroom. Wine Coolers are permitted as long as the label reads 'Wine' and they do not exceed the limit.

Sorry I worded it incorrectly. There will be 2 people in my room so I just said 2 per room instead of 1 per adult per room. ;)