booking dining

sexycpl613

And this is why I think "Freestyle" is such a joke. The way it works is the opposite of how they market it!

Well I think their slogan "freestyle" encompasses more than just whether you have to make a reservation to eat at a specialty restaurant.

Their MDR has more than just "early", "late" dining times. Their dress code is far more relaxed. You can sit with who ever you are with at dinner and not be put at a table with a group of strangers. etc.

And as with any company that throws a slogan for their product out to the public, it's all about how the public reads or understands it, that gets them the sales. It's a sales gimmick and really if anyone buys a product because of a gimmick slogan that they perceive means something in particular, without any research then in my opinion they are buying foolishly.

So are they wrong in their advertising, since they have a few freestyle type options? No. Is it a bit misleading? Probably. But so is every other large company's slogans.

we book everything ahead as we have a schedule and routine.

on the small ships, we know shows are 7 and 9. so we book dinners at 7 (prime time, these lots go fast and restaurants are busy) then we do the show at 9.

being full from port isnt an issue. we refuse to pay for food and drink on land when its free on the ship.

I've booked all our 14 days for the MDR's and specialties. The one thing I noticed when booking on NCL site is that once you book it you cannot go back and change it or edit it. I wanted to switch a few things and now I will have to call them to do that.

Are dining times of 5:30 or 6:00 at the specialty restaurants usually booked up ahead of time??

bosco

Those times should be available on embarkation day, but especially 6pm will probably fill up pretty quickly for the whole cruise on embarkation day at the specialty restaurants. There won't be much availability if you wait until the morning of the day you want to eat at a particular specialty to make a reservation, but you also will have plenty of choice if you don't want to book online, and would rather wait until you first get on board.

Are dining times of 5:30 or 6:00 at the specialty restaurants usually booked up ahead of time??

bosco

it somewhat depends on the sailing, tho. on a NYC based ship, no one eats that early. on a sailing that is predominantly older people the 5/6pm slots will fill up as seniors dont like to eat late. families with small children usually eat that early, but i usually see families in the buffet.

it somewhat depends on the sailing, tho. on a NYC based ship, no one eats that early. on a sailing that is predominantly older people the 5/6pm slots will fill up as seniors dont like to eat late. families with small children usually eat that early, but i usually see families in the buffet.

Hilarious.

We are in our 40's, and we like those early times. That way our son can join us if he wants during the time the kids club is closed. That way we can usually hit the early show, and then spend the later hours enjoying the bars, parties, and live music. That way we aren't too full for that late night snack. Plenty of reasons people eat early other than because they are old. :rolleyes:

Hilarious.

We are in our 40's, and we like those early times. That way our son can join us if he wants during the time the kids club is closed. That way we can usually hit the early show, and then spend the later hours enjoying the bars, parties, and live music. That way we aren't too full for that late night snack. Plenty of reasons people eat early other than because they are old. :rolleyes:

I agree with this 100%. I am in my 50's and have been cruising since the 1980's. I always prefer early dining times. When you had to choose early or late I always choose early except one time. After that one time back to early. I like to eat around 6:00. I also like having my evening wide open so I can do activities.

Candi