Marriott Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel

fcfc

Yes. We have stayed there twice a few years ago. Both times were Priceline wins when we had rentsl cars and were doing pre/post travel. We had very good rooms both timed. Typical Renaissane. We like the rooms there better than the Ren on 17th.

We liked the hotel very much.

We have stayed there many times prior to our cruises from Fort Lauderdale.

Always a nice experience and very short drive to the port. Plenty of dining options within easy walking.

Bravo Italian restaurant across parking lot is a pre cruise dining tradition.

Yes. We have stayed there twice a few years ago. Both times were Priceline wins when we had rentsl cars and were doing pre/post travel. We had very good rooms both timed. Typical Renaissane. We like the rooms there better than the Ren on 17th.

We liked the hotel very much.

Are there restaurants within walking distance (I won't have a car)?

We have stayed there many times prior to our cruises from Fort Lauderdale.

Always a nice experience and very short drive to the port. Plenty of dining options within easy walking.

Bravo Italian restaurant across parking lot is a pre cruise dining tradition.

It looks to me that this restaurant is close to the Renaissance on 17th not the one the op is talking about in plantation. Correct?

We have inquired a few times, but they are too far out and do not offer shuttle to the port (unless something has changed), so that kept us from booking.

That being said, I believe it is fairly close to Sawgrass Mills, which is a win for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have stayed at the Renaissance on 17th Avenue. The Italian Restaurant is out the front door of the hotel a hundred yards across across the parking lot.

http://bravoitaliano.com/

I know this hotel well. A relative managed this hotel 5 years ago. Few Facts: 10.5 miles from the cruise port and 9 miles from FLL airport. Traffic is heavy 24/7 but on cruise days with up to 8 ships in port it is spectacular to folks not used to driving in area. There is a small restaurant and bar in the hotel— fairly typical hotel restaurant. Some restaurants out on street but maybe mile walk each way and limited. I would never stay here without a car. Is some uber according to granddaughter and trip to port at least $20 each way ( she uses uber when Mom taxi can’t run). Sawgrass Mall is 3 miles further out. Huge outlet mall (several hundred supposed discount stores) Often very crowded with South American buyers taking goods back to home for resale. Lots of other shopping within the area but need a car.

The other Renaissance Ft Lauderdale hotel is very close to the port and there are things within walking distance like drug store and restaurants . Cost is much higher especially on cruise days (Friday/Saturday/sunday and sometimes others. Check out the EXACT date as the price from can lead to disappointment. Often overbooked so only book through Marriott only. Last time I rented at FLL for a cruise the car rental drove me to port . Loved it but would not count on this as it certainly doesn’t always happen

I know this hotel well. A relative managed this hotel 5 years ago. Few Facts: 10.5 miles from the cruise port and 9 miles from FLL airport. Traffic is heavy 24/7 but on cruise days with up to 8 ships in port it is spectacular to folks not used to driving in area. There is a small restaurant and bar in the hotel— fairly typical hotel restaurant. Some restaurants out on street but maybe mile walk each way and limited. I would never stay here without a car. Is some uber according to granddaughter and trip to port at least $20 each way ( she uses uber when Mom taxi can’t run). Sawgrass Mall is 3 miles further out. Huge outlet mall (several hundred supposed discount stores) Often very crowded with South American buyers taking goods back to home for resale. Lots of other shopping within the area but need a car.

The other Renaissance Ft Lauderdale hotel is very close to the port and there are things within walking distance like drug store and restaurants . Cost is much higher especially on cruise days (Friday/Saturday/sunday and sometimes others. Check out the EXACT date as the price from can lead to disappointment. Often overbooked so only book through Marriott only. Last time I rented at FLL for a cruise the car rental drove me to port . Loved it but would not count on this as it certainly doesn’t always happen

I’m talking about the Renaissance on 17th. Read the previous post.

Thanks.

The hotel in Plantation would not be my first (or second, or third...) choice but my TA is putting me up there and driving us to the dock for the cruise. Couldn't pass up free.:D