A whale watching boat. The whales feed 25 miles out to sea

37504001104_0d84a9fe8d_b.jpg

Logan Airport

38215032081_e981963bb2_b.jpg

38215019151_13c442f203_b.jpg

38215024181_96c66b6299_b.jpg

A Flock of Seagulls

38215016131_08ab982010_b.jpg

Nothing says "Sea" like seagulls calling. Their sarcastic wit I can live without.

26438522439_35b2ab95fe_b.jpg

I'm still on deck 7

38159073216_5ba4066096_b.jpg

38159082996_6591dbacb4_b.jpg

We're not tendering today (Hooray!) but maybe they will be working on the Lifeboats

37503999634_b48e461081_b.jpg

I walk forward to Churchill's to get out of the wind for a while

When I came back to take photos and video we were near the docking pier and preparing for a turn

38215127731_218ce41266_b.jpg

38215130951_49ebb05691_b.jpg

The Captain stopped and began to pivot the ship for a reversing docking maneuver. At this point I was happy we had an aft cabin as I could enjoy the docking from our balcony

38215124511_423b2a6c04_b.jpg

38183082622_c4d297ee7e_b.jpg

38215034531_73c5947ef4_b.jpg

We are going to line up with this building and back all the way in

26438571299_5960be23d8_b.jpg

Hello Norris,

We have booked on the Royal. Our Cabin is on Emerald deck just opposite the panoramic elevators. I understand if I go down one flight to Deck 7, there is a smoking area. There is an exit on 7 to promenade adjacent to the elevators. Assume smoking is to the right - towards stern/aft ? Can you clarify?

We are in E347 Which I believe is starboard side.

Just wondering how far a hike for those early morning and last at night quick trips!

Also wondering if we will have incessant slamming of that door to the promenade deck all night long!!:(

Edited by Liz54
typo

Hello Norris,

We have booked on the Royal. Our Cabin is on Emerald deck just opposite the panoramic elevators. I understand if I go down one flight to Deck 7, there is a smoking area. There is an exit on 7 to promenade adjacent to the elevators. Assume smoking is to the right - towards stern/aft ? Can you clarify?

We are in E347 Which I believe is starboard side.

Just wondering how far a hike for those early morning and last at night quick trips!

Also wondering if we will have incessant slamming of that door to the promenade deck all night long!!:(

Yes smoking on deck 7 is Starboard as far aft as you can go. No cover, so if raining deck 17 aft but that can be windy. Churchill's is indoors and just outside the theater on deck 6.

As you are midships you will hike along the narrow "Promenade deck" (LOL) for half the length of the ship pretty much. I do a video walk of that Promenade deck -the entire length- on our return to New York. I filmed it in Claustro-vision. And watch out for crew doors suddenly opening outwards . I wore an ice -hockey mask.

Norris

Looking forward to your review - I saw a guy on Celebrity Reflection, Eastern Caribbean, March 2017. He sat with a camera at the table. I almost asked him if he was Norris :)

Have thought of New England itinerary but also heard of rough seas due to hurricane season ????

Oh and forgive me, but tell the guy in Walmart that it is '...... down to the seas' plural. I love that poem.

Hi Norris

I am on sheet 5 of 15 love the banter lost the thread once took 30 minutes to find it easy to come back to don’t want to lose you again.

Lot to catch up with

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi and you are my first ever reader from Wigan! Oddly enough when I think of Wigan I think of the great British commentator Eddie Waring of It's A Knockout fame (it's a hilarious physical game show from the 1970s). But that's just me. I know Wigan had a great rugby league team way back....

There is a lot to catch up with if you read all my reviews, that's a for sure (Chico Marx voice)

Welcome!

Norris

Glad I found this review from reading deladane's review of Paul Ganguin review that you commented on. I have read many of your reviews and they are always enjoyable and entertaining

Hey Sue, thanks for popping over from the Paul Gauguin board and I am happy that you have read some of my other reviews and like them. Thanks for the compliments and please prepare for a long read!

Norris

Looks like I also have 15 pages of posts to catch up on!! Can't wait to get all caught up and to see all of your beautiful photos!!

Well folks here is one of the great CC reviewers/photographers/cool fun people and someone who spent her honeymoon sailing around Bora Bora on the Paul Gauguin-check out her review on that board.

Welcome Dana!

Norris

Wait, so they use the lifeboats as tenders?

Welcome coolcruiser777, no they have big tenders (which are "lifeboats" and will be used in an emergency) and can use the Tender Operations sign when they close that part of the deck for any reason. I didn't see anyone working there but I didn't watch that space for long. We had two tender ports and I think they had 4 of them in the water all at once.

Thanks for joining us!

Norris

CHURCHILL'S

Its the official home of cigar smokers on the Regal (but they were welcome on deck 17 aft) and it is on deck 6 between the theater and Club 6

37479539504_1a660a3820_b.jpg

37479545604_197ed2ca6a_b.jpg

37479552744_b66c76a1e7_b.jpg

The Entertainment Officer, Martin Moss was a frequent visitor here (visible reflection in pic 2) and always said hello to all he met. There are a couple of TVs usually tuned to Sports Tallking Heads with wide shoulders and shiny suits, talking about "match-ups" and "its a game of inches" and lots of CNN-like annoying graphics scrolling across the screen in an overload of useless information.

Still, there are clean ashtrays and its not windy in here and a waiter comes by every so often to get one a drink. Some Princess ships Cigar bars have a bar and a bartender. Such as the Star and the Diamond (come back from Japan please!) The Diamond remains my favorite Princess ship. My favorite cruise ship is still the Silhouette until I find something more stunning stem to stern. Maybe The Edge?

Norris

I so appreciated your Silhoutte review! It was your great pictures and Gentleman's journal that has me booked on her over Christmas!

Thanks so much for the great posts and pictures, I have appreciated every one of them!

Gabrielle

DOCKING THE REGAL

38159139146_68616ce03b_b.jpg

The cruise terminal is the white building on the wharf. On our starboard side we have another long industrial wharf

38215134431_5c3a209d6c_b.jpg

Narrowing the channel is a large Chinese container ship. The Cosco Malaysia.

26438568299_df80264851_b.jpg

26438575709_3114195198_b.jpg

We have passed the Cosco Malaysia

38183105292_6924c5f2df_b.jpg

The Pilot has already left the ship and returns to his berth

38159068926_28dd97a45d_b.jpg

There are the tour buses

38159064106_142355e40d_b.jpg

and Boston

38159043916_c7d953f912_b.jpg

38159031606_b9c1f4ee31_b.jpg

We have to muster in the Vista Lounge at 11.40 for our 12 noon excursion. I will savage the Vista design at some point later. For now-don't get me started!

Looking forward to your review - I saw a guy on Celebrity Reflection, Eastern Caribbean, March 2017. He sat with a camera at the table. I almost asked him if he was Norris :)

Have thought of New England itinerary but also heard of rough seas due to hurricane season ????

Oh and forgive me, but tell the guy in Walmart that it is '...... down to the seas' plural. I love that poem.

Hmmm. Camera at the table...but no Guinness, so obviously not me.

Yes rough seas can happen there and before we got on the Regal had to scurry home from Europe to stay out of potential bad hurricane weather forecast along that coast.

We had smooth sailing I'm happy to say and saw all the ports. Even fog didn't send us back out to sea. We are both very glad we took this cruise!

Yes, a fine poem indeed.

Keep following along...I'm glad you are onboard.

Norris

Norris

I was so happy to see another one of your reviews. I have read all your other ones and love them all. Great photos and I look forward to reading it all tonight instead of watching TV.

New England/Canada is a cruise I wish to do also.

Maureen

Maureen, what a nice post to click on and kudos for reading all my things so far. Another one will be along late January and that will be my last Princess one for 18 months or more.

Welcome and thanks for the kind comments!

Norris

Norris, I enjoyed your video of docking at Boston! We were there a few years ago, but docked at 8 am and didn't watch our docking (probably eating breakfast :D). So now I know what it looked like. I loved being so close to Logan Airport as I love watching planes land/take off. We were there on a very hot Sept. day (90+) so I spent the afternoon on a shady deck where I could sit in a hot tub and watch the planes land and take off. As we left, I snapped a photo of a plane descending over where we had just been--I'm sure it wasn't as "close" as the photo implies. ;)