Haven restaurant dessert

FLcruisergrl

Second time on NCL and first in Haven suite. Can anyone tell about dinner items in Haven Dining Room? Have the 3 night specialty dining pkg and wondering if that's enough with access to Haven dinners. Thanks for your help

The Haven dining room is fantastic! We've done a Haven cruise one time...never had a wait for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The maitre d and waiters are very good.

But...and there's always a but...the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus in the Haven are the same each day. Now, there's plenty to choose from...but I think you'll appreciate eating a few dinners around the ship with the specialty dining package.

Also...the Haven waiters will be happy to get you food from any of the food venues on the ship. They have the menus for the other venues so you can make your selection. The one thing they won't bring from other venues, I believe, is raw seafood items.

I always find mixing dinners between the Haven and the Specialty Restaurants works out well and having the same menu at the Haven ends up not mattering. Especially on a 7 night cruise 3 nights Haven 4 nights Speciality and dinners end up all being great!!! I enjoy breakfast in the Haven the most, the small buffet is great, the table service is great, great way to start the day. I eat lunch there only on sea days so having a limited menu is also no big deal. Day 1 Haven guests typically can eat at Margaritaville for free, so that helps broaden the choices. The only issue in the Haven and frankly in almost every restaurant on NCL for me is the Desserts really are not good with only a few exceptions, NCL really needs to bring in better pastry chefs to revamp their entire dessert menu!!!

I always find mixing dinners between the Haven and the Specialty Restaurants works out well and having the same menu at the Haven ends up not mattering. Especially on a 7 night cruise 3 nights Haven 4 nights Speciality and dinners end up all being great!!! I enjoy breakfast in the Haven the most, the small buffet is great, the table service is great, great way to start the day. I eat lunch there only on sea days so having a limited menu is also no big deal. Day 1 Haven guests typically can eat at Margaritaville for free, so that helps broaden the choices. The only issue in the Haven and frankly in almost every restaurant on NCL for me is the Desserts really are not good with only a few exceptions, NCL really needs to bring in better pastry chefs to revamp their entire dessert menu!!!

Regarding Margaritaville, I wonder if that is a ship by ship thing? I can tell you that Haven guests aboard the Breakaway are NOT offered free lunch here on embarkation day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you try the almond croissants? OMG - they are addictive!!! I thought I liked the chocolate until I tried the almond. Can't wait for 2/2/18 to sail again.

Was in Haven on the Getaway in October and we were offered Margaritaville on embarkation day. Took advantage of it, since I hadn't booked it for specialty dining. We did three dinners (Teppanyaki, Cagney's, Ocean Blue) but would have been delighted to eat at the Haven even more. For a seven day cruise, I think there is enough there to keep you happy.

Did you try the almond croissants? OMG - they are addictive!!! I thought I liked the chocolate until I tried the almond. Can't wait for 2/2/18 to sail again.

Are the chocolate good? I’m a chocolate croissant fiend! For the almond, do they taste like almond extract or are they just topped with toasted almonds?

does anyone have the Haven restaurant dinner time dessert menu? I’ve seen the dessert menu for lunch, but can’t seem to find dinner. Thanks.

When we sailed with our grandchildren my granddaughter created her own dessert, vanilla ice cream with honey, maybe you can make your own desserts. LOL