New to Royal

lele100

Hi there we just booked a cabin on Independence, I am new to royal we took one cruise with royal many years ago on the majesty, I was wondering if there are any tips anyone can give me. I do have some questions, I am seeing different prices for the deluxe drink package, what is the price with tip and tax, and do they ever offer discounts on this price, is it better to purchase on board or before? On the benefits section of crown and anchor it lists me as gold, and if I read it correctly I can go to the priority check in is this correct? Thanks again

You will be wowed by this ship, if Majesty is the only one you've sailed! Big and well-designed!

The drink package will have 18% added to the cost to cover the bartender tips. They may offer discounted prices sometimes....there's no rhyme or reason to their pricing. You can wait until you board if you're unsure....they don't "run out" of packages!

Yes, you may use the return cruiser check in lines!

Hi there we just booked a cabin on Independence, I am new to royal we took one cruise with royal many years ago on the majesty, I was wondering if there are any tips anyone can give me. I do have some questions, I am seeing different prices for the deluxe drink package, what is the price with tip and tax, and do they ever offer discounts on this price, is it better to purchase on board or before? On the benefits section of crown and anchor it lists me as gold, and if I read it correctly I can go to the priority check in is this correct? Thanks again

Check your Cruise Planner on Royal's website. The price of the drink package for your cruise will be there. Discounts come and go, so keep watching. If you purchase and later see a lower price, you can cancel and re-order.

First "tip," Independence isn't Majesty. You are going to find it much different. Likely be "wowed" when you walk on board. Read reviews of Independence but do it with a HUGE Grain of salt. Remember that many who are dissatisfied complain, most who loved it don't review it. So... read between the lines and keep expectations realistic.

As for Drink Packages, keep looking at your reservation on line and check prices. Drink packages sometimes go on sale before the cruise. We don't get them, but I got them for my adult children last cruise. They were on sale for $46 per day plus gratuity. That is much better than on board, and there is no guarantee that they'll be on sale on board. So, if you see a sale, grab it. Remember, you can always cancel a shore excursion, drink package, etc. prior to the cruise. So no risk if you see a sale. If there is no sale offered, it's up to you if you want to wait and see what you can get on board.

A few comments, Independence has an Ice Show. Generally worth going to see. There is a Pub, usually with a singer, and the Schooner Bar with a piano player. There's also a rock climbing wall and flow rider. Lot's to do.

Also if interested, upcharge dining options. Chops, Giovanni's, Izumi, Chef's Table, Johnny Rocket, etc. So.. lot's different. Have a great cruise!

Thank you everyone, very helpful, I did see some pictures it looks beautiful very excited, if you noticed from my signature I usually sail on Carnival and I have been on Carnival's new ship Vista, and that was great so was the Breeze, But I figured after making Platinum on Carnival I will like to go on Royal and try it out. Thanks again

I don't drink much so can't advise you on drinks packages as I tend not to buy one.

I have been on Independence quite a few times. It's a great ship with lots to explore. I am sure you will enjoy it.

With regards to priority check-in, there are different lines for different loyalty levels. Most likely you will be directed to the appropriate line but if not then look out for one that is sign posted for Gold. If you arrive early, say about 11:00 am, it really doesn't matter as there isn't usually much of a line.

So glad I read this post. My husband and I were thinking about going on this ship. the sailing date is the week before dry dock. I read some reviews and are rethinking going on it. A lot of comments of it being run down. Love royal but only been on Allure

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, how do you know if they are offering discounts on drink package, is there a certain times or better times like weeks before the cruise that it is offered ?and what is the normal price?

On my last cruise on sister ship liberty they were selling drink package for 44 plus tip saying this is 20 percent off, my cruise in a few weeks had same which I bought then it went to 25 percent off or 41 , so I called and got new price, do not miss ice show it is amazing

Ok I just looked online and under my reservations it says 25 percent off but with the discount it comes to 45 per person does that sound right? Does that include taxes? And how much is the gratuity?

Ok I just looked online and under my reservations it says 25 percent off but with the discount it comes to 45 per person does that sound right? Does that include taxes? And how much is the gratuity?

Put the item in your shopping cart, go to check out, and you will see the total price. You can cancel the purchase at that point.

You will be wowed by this ship, if Majesty is the only one you've sailed! Big and well-designed!

Yes, you may use the return cruiser check in lines!

Can friends traveling with us also use the "return cruiser check in line"?

Also, are there any other lunch options on the Grandeur the day we board other than the buffet?

whatever it is I would book it for that 25 percent off

ok, done it was a bit confusing the actual text online said buy one get one 50percent off, but when I called he said it is 25 percent per person off, either way I booked it. Thanks all, I do have another question I have my time dining, they only have 8:30 available, a bit to late, can I still try walking in around 7:30? thanks

I am going on the Independence of the Seas in February. I originally booked the drink packages for full price. Royal sends emails to me when things go on sale. It was buy one get one half off a couple of weeks ago so I cancelled my drink packages and rebooked them. Saved some money. :D

ok, done it was a bit confusing the actual text online said buy one get one 50percent off, but when I called he said it is 25 percent per person off, either way I booked it. Thanks all, I do have another question I have my time dining, they only have 8:30 available, a bit to late, can I still try walking in around 7:30? thanks

That’s definitely RCCL math! Taking the savings for two and expressing it as a % of the savings for one! Get used to it OP!

I'll be on Independence in March; right before dry dock. I'm not at all worried about the ship being "run down," as that has NEVER been my experience on any RCCL ships - even those due for dry dock. The drink packages for my cruise are currently on sale. I picked up the refreshment package for $18 a day. I'm afraid I've never done My Time dining, so I can't direct you there. However, I thought the whole point of My Time was for you to be able to go at whatever time you want. I would go to the dining room when you board, and talk to the Maitre D. They have the ability to change times, and can also direct you. Enjoy the ship!

Can friends traveling with us also use the "return cruiser check in line"?

Depends on port personnel. If they don't let your friends stay with you, then just stay with them, The difference is not that much,.

We have had my time dining twice on Freedom (sister ship). They try to get you to commit to a certain time. We have never reserved for it since it IS " my time dining". We ended up most nights around the same time and never had a problem going right in. Sometimes when we left there was a line so there will be for popular times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They keep dining slots back and don’t allow all times to be booked ahead so check when you board. Otherwise there are two lines, one for those with reservations and one for those without. Even the line for those without seemed to move quite quickly on our Indy Cruise last month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk