Taking a Cafetiere on the cruise

annieuk

The only instant coffee I like is,

Nescafe Alta Rica.

Kenco used to do a series of special blends, one of which was simply called "Brazillian". This proved amusing at work when people intent on making a round of coffees simply asked people, "would you like me to do you a Brazillian? No double entendre with Alta Rica.

Regards John

Kenco used to do a series of special blends, one of which was simply called "Brazillian". This proved amusing at work when people intent on making a round of coffees simply asked people, "would you like me to do you a Brazillian? No double entendre with Alta Rica.

Regards John

Haha like it! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The sink, possibly, but coffee grounds blocking a toilet seems rather unlikely.

If you think its unlikely why do they not say you can put them down there. The last few cruises we have been on the captain has made a point at some stage of saying only toilet paper and what has been through a human to go down there.

I am really beginning to wish they would bring in a charge ..if a run of toilets is blocked by someone putting something down the toilet they shouldn't..a charge is levied against their account. Similar to an American line ,who if you smoke in your cabin an additional charge is raised to deep clean it.

If you think its unlikely why do they not say you can put them down there. The last few cruises we have been on the captain has made a point at some stage of saying only toilet paper and what has been through a human to go down there.

I am really beginning to wish they would bring in a charge ..if a run of toilets is blocked by someone putting something down the toilet they shouldn't..a charge is levied against their account. Similar to an American line ,who if you smoke in your cabin an additional charge is raised to deep clean it.

Good point.A very helpful ex chief engineer who posts on RC threads has told stories of items blocking toilets and it makes shocking reading.

I would happily agree that a charge might be appropriate. My only question would be how would they know which cabin caused the blockage. We were twice, on one cruise, unable to use our toilet for several hours while a blockage was removed from the system. We were told that the cabin that caused to blockage could not be identified other than it was one of several cabins in our "section" of the ship where there was a baby. We assumed that either baby wipes ( or less likely a nappy ) had been flushed down a toilet.

I'm fussy about my coffee too. I find the pre mentioned Sainsbury's filters OK, but coffee bags are passable. I put two in my cup as I find one too weak.

I'd rather drink water than instant coffee and don't drink tea at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm fussy about my coffee too. I find the pre mentioned Sainsbury's filters OK, but coffee bags are passable. I put two in my cup as I find one too weak.

I'd rather drink water than instant coffee and don't drink tea at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Coffee smells tempting but in 95% of cases the taste is a big let down.

I thought I'd give an update on my coffee problem. I bought an Aeropress from Amazon and I've just made my first cup of coffee using it. Just what I wanted. I used the inverted method for those who own an Aeropress, and warmed the cup first. I used two scoops of coffee - my coffee is a strong blend so will use a little less next time - and filled the Aeropress to the top. It made a really good cup of coffee and what's more it's so easy to eject the used coffee grounds which I will do into a plastic bag. So for me the Aeropress is the answer to my need for good coffee on a cruise without having to go to Costa and pay for it and much less messy than an cafetiere.

I thought I'd give an update on my coffee problem. I bought an Aeropress from Amazon and I've just made my first cup of coffee using it. Just what I wanted. I used the inverted method for those who own an Aeropress, and warmed the cup first. I used two scoops of coffee - my coffee is a strong blend so will use a little less next time - and filled the Aeropress to the top. It made a really good cup of coffee and what's more it's so easy to eject the used coffee grounds which I will do into a plastic bag. So for me the Aeropress is the answer to my need for good coffee on a cruise without having to go to Costa and pay for it and much less messy than an cafetiere.

Sounds great,hope it makes plenty of nice cups of coffee on your cruise.