Bliss balcony

Kelli0927

Hello, all. We've only been on one cruise (RC), so please bear with me. We are planning to book an Alaskan cruise for June 2019 on Bliss. I have read on these forums that an aft balcony is best. Could someone explain why these are best? Also, which deck is best? We will have our 10 year old son with us, not sure if that will make a difference on location. We don't necessarily need to be close to kid stuff, but would prefer comfort and quiet. One final question, when will these dates open up for booking? Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Opinion (shared by many incl. me) is that the aft-facing balcony provides the best view. Since the aft-facing balconies differ in depth, some choose based on size. Since Spice H2O is above, some choose lower decks to avoid the sound and bass at night. Some prefer higher than deck 9 for the better view. Some prefer deck 9 since it is closest to the water (it's also the deepest deck). Some avoid deck 9 to avoid the sound of the propellers/water churning. With the aft-facing suites, there are 2 different master bedroom/master bathroom configurations to consider depending on deck.

As to when summer 2019 dates open, nobody has an exact date but travel agents usually know just before dates are released and someone will usually post here on CC.

With one of your concerns being "comfort and quiet" just wanted to share my experience in cabins that are located in the aft of the cruises I have been on.

Yes the views are great in an aft cabin, the vibration felt from the ship's propellers may be something to consider. From my experience, the constant vibration keeps me from booking aft cabins. Be aware, since the Bliss is still being built it will be a guessing game to the amount of vibration felt since all ships vary. ;)

My wife and I routinely book aft cabins (those that are after the last set of stairs/elevators). We have also booked aft facing cabins as well (will be on the Bliss May 2018 aft facing). The reasons for the choice of these cabins are because they are quiet, and with very little foot traffic.

The easiest way to choose one is to make sure you have a cabin above and below you. I honestly have felt very little vibration in any of these cabins, and the only time it raises its head is when the ship docks.

Hope this helps!:D

For an Alaskan cruise I think I would prefer port or starboard instead of Aft. Just seems like you would enjoy the scenery more. Aft facing is great for watching your wake, but where are those whales going to be!

Another consideration for Aft facing balconies is soot left on chairs and deck from the smoke-stack. Just be careful before you sit down:eek: