Equivalent of a business centre?

Thermy

I'm hoping to find out if there is the ability on board to print and scan a document? I'm on the Diamond Princess from Tokyo to Sydney in less that two weeks.

It's becoming more and more likely that I'll need to print, sign, scan and email an important document while I'm at sea (22 days). I have previously sailed on Princess and also used the internet packages before but I've never been in the position to actually have to do anything more than send a few emails and post a few photos. Is there a printing/scanning facility? It would only be one single document, so I wouldn't need ongoing access to these facilities.

I did have a search and I couldn't find the answer to my specific question (though I found a lot of information regarding the scanning patters!).

I'm hoping to find out if there is the ability on board to print and scan a document? I'm on the Diamond Princess from Tokyo to Sydney in less that two weeks.

It's becoming more and more likely that I'll need to print, sign, scan and email an important document while I'm at sea (22 days). I have previously sailed on Princess and also used the internet packages before but I've never been in the position to actually have to do anything more than send a few emails and post a few photos. Is there a printing/scanning facility? It would only be one single document, so I wouldn't need ongoing access to these facilities.

I did have a search and I couldn't find the answer to my specific question (though I found a lot of information regarding the scanning patters!).

Are you bringing a laptop?

If so, the easiest way would be to add the signature with photoshop or Foxit, or whatever.

I often do this for folks who have only a phone; they can receive/send email, but have no

way to print or scan.

We had the same problem on TWO different cruises. Printers are available in the internet center BUT you have to use internet minutes (not cheap) to log in to your internet account (takes forever), then print. Then you're done...there are no scanners available on the ship.:eek:

The suggestion above by Pablo222 may be the only way to accomplish your goal on the ship.

We finally decided if the contract came through while we were sailing, we'd wait 'til we hit a port and use a hotel, library or internet café. Of course, the contract never came through 'til we got home.;)

No scanners on the ship. We were in the middle of buying a home on our AK cruise and thankfully, the realtor sent us docs in a Docusign format so it was an automatic signature. If you can't do that, then you might want to consider going to a Kinkos-type place on land when you're in port.

We were in the same position, though we were selling a Hawaii home, not buying, while in the South Pacific. It worked really well and we were able to celebrate an accepted offer at the end of the day. See if you can work with whomever is sending you the document to be signed before leaving. I have no idea how hard it is to set up the DocuSign format, but almost all realtors use it or something similar. Our realtor had us sign a dummy test document before leaving on our trip just to make sure we understood how it worked.

Thanks everyone! I didn't think about electronic solutions to my problem! Sounds like that will be the best course of action. I don't really feel like rushing around ports in South East Asia trying to find somewhere that will do it for me.

We often tell clients in my office who will not have access to a scanner to just print off the document, sign it, then take a very clear picture with their phone and email it back to us. It's not the best solution if multiple pages are involved but it does get the job done. If we will need the signed original for our file, we just ask the client to provide it to us when their trip is over.