Deposit amount

travsmom

If you book a cruise when it was a 50 dollar deposit under early saver can you get the price drop if one comes up or does it have to be a bigger deposit.

Depends

Basically you’re looking at a whole new booking and cruise.

If the new booking that you are looking at has the reduced deposit, then you get the reduced cost.

If the new booking requires a full deposit, then you would need to pay the full deposit to receive the cost reduction.

If the new rate has a regular deposit, you have to pay up the full deposit in order to get the price drop.

We'd booked Early Saver with $50pp deposit.

I saw a price drop, but now the deposits had to be $250pp.

I had to pay up the extra $200pp deposit to get the price drop.

Paid money to save money, but ended up with a lower price overall.

It was kind of in the 'fine print' of the price drop, if I remember correctly I could've missed it if I hadn't heard and expected this would happen.

Depends

Basically you’re looking at a whole new booking and cruise.

If the new booking that you are looking at has the reduced deposit, then you get the reduced cost.

If the new booking requires a full deposit, then you would need to pay the full deposit to receive the cost reduction.

Thankyou

If the new rate has a regular deposit, you have to pay up the full deposit in order to get the price drop.

We'd booked Early Saver with $50pp deposit.

I saw a price drop, but now the deposits had to be $250pp.

I had to pay up the extra $200pp deposit to get the price drop.

Paid money to save money, but ended up with a lower price overall.

It was kind of in the 'fine print' of the price drop, if I remember correctly I could've missed it if I hadn't heard and expected this would happen.

Thank you for your answer.

Most likely, yes, you'll have to pay the remainder of the regular deposit to claim the price drop. This is Carnival's latest sales strategy. The $50 deposit sales promotion accompanies early saver, and then to claim future price drops that occur prior to final payment due date, you have to pony up the rest of the typical deposit to claim the price drop.

I did the early saver $50 deposit. I will need to cancel or change my booking. I think I will cancel since it's the same cost and not have to decide now what to change to. I am out the deposit but not too bad a hit to accomodate a late occurring issue. Am I missing something? Thanks.