Live from the Millennium sailing from Singapore Nov. 13

debshomespun

Vietnam visas were done through the ship. The room stewards put them on the bed the night before we arrived. Cost is $6.00 each, I think. No charge yet on our account.

The immigration officials (3 of them) were just outside the ship and stamped our Visa. It is a small paper with our name and passport # on. When we returned to the ship, Celebrity reps were checking to be sure we had them. Will need them again Thursday in Danang.

We are doing a private tour again, arranged through our friend's son's contact.

When we got off the ship, there were a few guides offering tours, maybe 10-15. We arrived at 7:00, and we got off at 7:30. If you don't arrange Anytime ahead of time, you would need to get off early together a guide. Nothing with in walking distance of the ship. They did have a small tent with a few souveniors in, but we didn't look.

After we arrived back at the ship, we we're exhausted, so went to buffet for dinner.

Sent from my XT1565 using Forums mobile app

A few more pictures from our day

3f25756311d9afa20f9e29be94251586.jpg

The "family" car. Notice the child doesn't have a helmet on

622d9d04a9da03913162d78665e11355.jpg

Inside the Post office

e4e3f1a482b1ae6578981a451f05cb50.jpg

Scooters are EVERYTHING

Tomorrow is a sea day, and Thursday, we go to Danang.

932eab317f32f2adbd920bc1be994f5f.jpg

Awesome pictures and information. Thank you so much for doing this!!! My daughter, friend and I are on the Dec 10th Millie ... our 2nd cruise on her. You've brought things to life for us. So excited.

Must get a chest or head mount for my go pro for when they don't want handheld cameras.

Conna

Vietnam visas were done through the ship. The room stewards put them on the bed the night before we arrived. Cost is $6.00 each, I think. No charge yet on our account.

The immigration officials (3 of them) were just outside the ship and stamped our Visa. It is a small paper with our name and passport # on. When we returned to the ship, Celebrity reps were checking to be sure we had them. Will need them again Thursday in Danang.

We are doing a private tour again, arranged through our friend's son's contact.

When we got off the ship, there were a few guides offering tours, maybe 10-15. We arrived at 7:00, and we got off at 7:30. If you don't arrange Anytime ahead of time, you would need to get off early together a guide. Nothing with in walking distance of the ship. They did have a small tent with a few souveniors in, but we didn't look.

After we arrived back at the ship, we we're exhausted, so went to buffet for dinner.

Music bands are house band is The Real Deal, Ged Parker singer, dance band Groovy.

Cruise director is Paul, I'll have to get his last name

Rain this morning so we went to the gym at 7:30. Very busy. Some people will leave their towels on a machine or treadmill, go use something else, then come back. Next time, I will move their towel 😯. We used a few machines, then went down to decks 4&5 and did 8 laps.

Next, up to buffet for breakfast, which we brought down to eat on our balcony.

0a23157169b1da19e205028bb7e0a0c9.jpg

The sun is trying to sneak out from behind the clouds. A large cloud is in front of us.

At 12:15, we have the Captain's Club Celebration in Cosmos Lounge.

May try the slot pull at 2:00.

Captains Club party was 12:15 in the afternoon for Captain's Club members, select through elite plus. Estimation of about 100 people attended. They only announced the senior officers and 5 outstanding crew members for October. The cruise director Paul did done singing.

Captain Nicholi

065c3f8f3be112209f3056b0450911f9.jpg

Cruise director Paul92afc17d2b46ded77a11b3244c497a24.jpg

Drinks0f1ed2050efd05a55700b47eae99ec13.jpg

Hor duervs

d8c2147796bf8be947ecfec9b4bd6500.jpg

They had desserts for the Captain's Club event. They were delicious chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate truffles.

b3c380f765fcdbc89d49bc3789c87822.jpg

We then went to lunch in the MDR

Chicken and beef Satay

ef80895a4bb844ca3b0aaa0a47a109fc.jpg

BBQ chicken

4f7e14fa38182dd905e21d258226aed5.jpg

Turkey Panini

f24928d115c771a21acf0121897be578.jpg

Fish crepes

b789f3283e2c63bf6de30ec10c32147a.jpg

Banana creme brulee

ec2c9747f3448bb7e0994d87884e5ee2.jpg

3 of us had the dessert. Everything was delicious.

Did you walk to get outside the gate, or was there a shuttle?

We walked about 700 meters, 10 minute walk, but there was a shuttle available. We brought the shuttle back. He will be outside the actual port gate, out beside the road with a sign and your name on it.

They had desserts for the Captain's Club event. They were delicious chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate truffles.

b3c380f765fcdbc89d49bc3789c87822.jpg

We then went to lunch in the MDR

Chicken and beef Satay

ef80895a4bb844ca3b0aaa0a47a109fc.jpg

BBQ chicken

4f7e14fa38182dd905e21d258226aed5.jpg

Turkey Panini

f24928d115c771a21acf0121897be578.jpg

Fish crepes

b789f3283e2c63bf6de30ec10c32147a.jpg

Banana creme brulee

ec2c9747f3448bb7e0994d87884e5ee2.jpg

3 of us had the dessert. Everything was delicious.

Today we docked in Chan May

7625a771269a552e6d6a75d0d3e78623.jpg

We arranged for a private tour with Andy and our guide was Tom. (http://www.hoianprivatetour.com). Met them at 8:00, and they took us into Hue Da Nang city for our tour. First stop: Dragon bridge

9f94e5a3acba5cb0914532dc738edacd.jpg

Then we went to a marble factory, then to a temple.

02c6b519eabffd5caa59fc8b2c7f05e7.jpg

Into Chinatown and walked lots

802203e35d15c83129e67a908caebd5b.jpg

Several of these women

191e10cf134b804e97799d702dbac83a.jpg

Finished at the Female Buddah overlooking the Sea

b2394431a79d6a8c6a7c79cec9729a0e.jpg

Debbie,

Thank you for making these live posts.

1. Do you recall if there were any changes to your itinerary in leaving Singapore or Saigon?

2. As well, do you recall when the muster drill was?

3. Did you have a meet and mingle meeting? If so when was this scheduled?

4. Finally, I know you are on a sea day on your way to Halong Bay however I am very curious about your tendering in Halong Bay. When it commences, what the procedure was and how much you were charged for port fees? Could you please post this information after you Halong Bay experience?

Thank you

Jon

Debbie,

1. Do you recall if there were any changes to your itinerary in leaving Singapore or Saigon?

4. Finally, I know you are on a sea day on your way to Halong Bay however I am very curious about your tendering in Halong Bay. When it commences, what the procedure was and how much you were charged for port fees? Could you please post this information after you Halong Bay experience?

Thank you

Jon

Jon,

Debbie is actually not on her way to Halong Bay. The Nov. 12th Millennium itinerary goes from Chan May directly to Hong Kong, then on to the Philippines and Malaysia.

Sam

This is the Goddess of Mercy. There is not a female Buddha. ;p Thanks for the postings. We will be on this cruise in Dec 2018.

http://ladybuddha.org

This is where I got my information. Apparently it is referred to as both. Sorry if I called her female Buddah, it would be Lady Buddah

Debbie,

Thank you

Jon

1. We left Ho Chi Ming/Saigon at 7:00pm, originally scheduled to leave at 8:00.

2. Muster Drill: 5:15

3. No meet & mingle. Not enough signed up. Our roll call was not very active.

4. Answered above

We may have an itinerary change after we leave Hong Kong, as there is a typhoon currently passing over the Philippines, and heading our way . . . Captain has told us he will do another report Saturday morning when we arrive in Hong Kong.

We may have an itinerary change after we leave Hong Kong, as there is a typhoon currently passing over the Philippines, and heading our way . . . Captain has told us he will do another report Saturday morning when we arrive in Hong Kong.

Yikes! We heard on the news that parts of Vietnam were hit with a typhoon several days ago, caused some deaths and lots of damage. We hope this one doesn't affect your travels, and you continue to have a wonderful trip!

Sam

1. We left Ho Chi Ming/Saigon at 7:00pm, originally scheduled to leave at 8:00.

2. Muster Drill: 5:15

3. No meet & mingle. Not enough signed up. Our roll call was not very active.

4. Answered above

d - Thank you for your day by day updates, much fun and appreciated.

I do not know if you are in a suite or not, if you happen to come across Denny Flores - Suites Manager, let him know that Samuel from NJ on the sailing between Seward and Vancouver says Hello!

Enjoy and I look forward to many more great memories...

bon voyage

We are taking this cruise (Hong Kong to Singapore) departing Feb 4. Does anyone have experience with

getting the Visa for Vietnam on the ship? I'm assured by Celebrity that we can simply get that onboard for a very

nominal fee. We are also taking the flight excursion to Cambodia which will also require a Visa.

I'm very confidant that we can obtain those via the cruise, but I would hate to assume that...and then be in a real pickle.

Anybody have experience with this?

http://ladybuddha.org

This is where I got my information. Apparently it is referred to as both. Sorry if I called her female Buddah, it would be Lady Buddah

Alright! I learn something. I just googled, Goddess of Mercy and Lady Buddha is one and the same...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298085-d5531576-r228915795-Lady_Buddha-Da_Nang_Quang_Nam_Province.html