Final payment to be set at 120 days in near future

LMaxwell

I totally agree and I am always amazed at how many people think "if it isn't a problem for me it isn't a problem" :rolleyes:
People post their opinion. If they see no issue, then it is not problem for them. Do you think if someone doesn't have a problem, they should say yes it is a problem?

The last few cruises we paid at 120 days but the next two in balcony/mini suite we will have the extra 30 days at 90. We may be in the minority about this change. Personally, I have no issue one way or the other as we only plan a cruise when we have the money socked away for it. We retirees (DH and I) don't plan until we have the money.

Same here. When I retired, we set up a "vacation fund" where we deposit money to every month as one of our bills, and draw on that to pay for vacations. Granted, we have to be frugal with what we book, as our finances in retirement are limited (booking only inside cabins), but at least we have money there when we need it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My main gripe with the new 120 days final payment is that I am 100% sure that the cancellation policy will follow the same schedule. So in the future cancellation fees kick in at 120 days not at 90 days.

On the other hand having worked 20+ years in the airline industry I have been always amazed of the very liberal payment and cancellation policies cruiselines and hotels have compared to airlines [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 6 months later...

Booked cruise this weekend and TA says RCI moving to this 120 day policy and Celebrity intrtoducing refundable and non-refundable. We will see how soon it is implemented; I am thinking they phase in w end of year holiday sailings

We have read about and heard of so many Americans who book several cruises with no intention of going on them all. Then, as the time nears for final payment, they throw back the cabins they don’t want, without even losing their deposit.

Unfortunately this meant cruise lines often having to discount these last minute cabins, thus losing revenue.

So, unfortunately, this policy must be at least partially to blame, so why whinge about having to pay a month earlier?

In the U.K. we often pay higher prices and have NO opportunity to change our minds without a considerable loss of money, once a deposit is paid that’s it! Lose it or cruise it. We also don’t get the chance to get onboard credits, upgrades etc if the price goes down.

Seems this is just astute thinking on the part of NCL and no doubt all the other cruise lines will follow suit -and I’m not an NCL cheerleader. As far as sailing with NCL as a U.K. resident, it’s now ‘all inclusive’ and an extremely expensive option for a non-drinker. There are much better cruise lines we can sail with for considerably less than NCL want to charge.

I don't know why this got moved to NCL, I started it in RCI forums

You linked it to an article about NCL last November when you started it. Not sure why you would have put it in RCI. It was clearly about NCL at that time.