What little things you've noticed on Princess ships?

DrivesLikeMario

Things I really liked about Princess vs. other ships was the silverware wrapped in napkins on the tables. No juggling it while filling your plate. Prompt drink service in the Lido so you didn't have to make another trip to a beverage station and prompt clearing of tables to open them up for new people.. Trivia on the big screen in a lounge. No dealing with foreign accents and mispronunciation of questions although the hosts spoke perfect English. Constant upkeep in the smoking sections and coffee, tea, and juice set out in the mornings in one distant smoking area. Best disembarkation procedure I've experienced with an estimated time given and a lounge assigned. A crew member there to check when you entered you were in the right place and when you exited that it was your time to go. No public announcements, no clogged up stairways and passageways. No long lines checking out. I found getting an elevator easier because everyone was not trying to get one at the same time but coordinating it with the time to disembark.

A tip. On the everyday menu is fettuccine which was quite good. However, it was plain. I asked if they could put some shrimp on it and was told they could not. So, next time, I ordered a shrimp cocktail (also on the everyday menu) with no sauce. Put it on the fettuccine and I was good to go!

Same fruit every day. Pineapple and cantaloupe unpeeled. Tacky

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow. On the Ruby in May, there was a bowl of assorted cut-up fruit at every meal in Horizon Court. I ate a huge pile of it every morning for breakfast.

A tip. On the everyday menu is fettuccine which was quite good. However, it was plain. I asked if they could put some shrimp on it and was told they could not. So, next time, I ordered a shrimp cocktail (also on the everyday menu) with no sauce. Put it on the fettuccine and I was good to go!

They will usually put anything on the menu on your fettucini. Is shrimp cocktail on the menu every night? If not, that may be why. The night I got fettucini, there was a salmon entrée on the menu and I asked for a piece of salmon with my pasta. He had to bring the entire salmon plate, put the fish on my pasta and asked if I wanted anything else from that plate.

Wow. On the Ruby in May, there was a bowl of assorted cut-up fruit at every meal in Horizon Court. I ate a huge pile of it every morning for breakfast.

Yes, every princess ship I have been on have the choice of fresh fruit salad, fruit cut into slices or whole fruit.

I was very sad that on our last cruise aboard Golden, there was no 'happy hour' in the wheelhouse bar as on previous cruises :eek:

• 6 months later...
For us, it's "pancake" in the buffet at breakfast. There are never "pancakes", just "pancake". Obviously, something is lost in translation. lol What weird little oddities have you noticed?

I forget now which ship it was but my husband and I were looking for something simple for lunch, like a tuna salad sandwich. We saw some pre-wrapped sandwiches and one of the signs read... “Veal in tuna sauce”. Perplexed, I grabbed one and it turned out to be the desired tuna salad sandwich. Talk about “lost in translation”!

I wonder what happened to Papaya? They used to have nice big ones, then little pieces and now it seems gone completely?

We had papaya on Diamond in March. Little pieces and not as ripe as it used to be but still OK.

They will usually put anything on the menu on your fettucini. Is shrimp cocktail on the menu every night? If not, that may be why. The night I got fettucini, there was a salmon entrée on the menu and I asked for a piece of salmon with my pasta. He had to bring the entire salmon plate, put the fish on my pasta and asked if I wanted anything else from that plate.

After doing the Chef's Table, which included a tour of the galley, I can understand why this happens. In peak periods they are plating up the standard offerings so quickly they don't have time for variations on a theme. ;)