Onboard app

bebob

• 6 months later...

Yes, that is now a feature. It's like texting. The other person also has to register for them to be available to send a message to. I'm not sure if you can send a message to more than one person, though, because I didn't need to. You also do not get alerts; you just have to check the page for new messages.

We found this app very helpful. You download on ship as said. There are easy to follow directions in a book called Welcome Aboard in your cabin. We checked our account each day and found twice errors that were easily corrected since it was not end of cruise and a rush on guest services. We also liked to check out the main dining room menu and see if we wanted to dine there or go to Lido or order room service etc. We also met some people early in the cruise and could text with them about meeting for lunch or dinner. We found the app user friendly and a nice way to find out what was going on. Also nice if you are out and about and want to see what venue currently has entertainment. Put phone on airplane mode, download and enjoy all the information.:D

We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam

earlier this month, and were able to see the NY times. It was a condensed form w/o all the pretty graphics.

They also have the hard copy of the New York Times Digest.

Edited by knittinggirl

I've always been able to point my browser to NYTimes.com without logging into the paid internet and get the full online Times including graphics (as well as the crossword, but I pay extra for that). Maybe you connected when the satellite network was heavily loaded.

I've always been able to point my browser to NYTimes.com without logging into the paid internet and get the full online Times including graphics (as well as the crossword, but I pay extra for that). Maybe you connected when the satellite network was heavily loaded.

I’ve always been able to load the NYTimes web site free from my browser. The NYT app has been more hit or miss

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another great feature of this webpage is the daily dinner menu. Sometimes it's great to know what's in the MDR before deciding what to do for dinner. And, as others have said, you can see your account instantly, almost before you've finished your cocktail, you'll see the charge for it. Saves much time at the end of the cruise, as you can correct disputes along the way.