Cabin types

Sheshefran

I tried to search but didn't find an answer. Is there somewhere that explains what the cabin classifications are. I know that if it is in the Haven it starts with an H. a suite is S and Mini suite is MS. But what about the numbers after?

I tried to search but didn't find an answer. Is there somewhere that explains what the cabin classifications are. I know that if it is in the Haven it starts with an H. a suite is S and Mini suite is MS. But what about the numbers after?

Location on the ship. If you go to ncl.com and look at deck plans, you can see where they are located. Sort of like how 23 main st is next to 25 main st. and 24 main st is on the other side.

thanks garycarla. I was interested in what the number after the h means. For example what is the code for a haven two bedroom family suite? I was looking for the a list.

h5 penthouse

h4 2 bedroom

h3 owners suite

h2 deluxe owners suite

h1 garden villa

Thanks Boop, That is what I was looking for. Is there a list of the categories like this that is not the haven?

The other categories are all going to vary by ship size. M=mini suite, B=balcony, O=oceanview, I=Inside. Past that, it can go BA, BC, B1, B2, etc. The second letter/number are ways to differentiate the location of that particular mini-suite/balcony/oceanview/inside. Usually the higher the second number or letter, the better the location or layout of the cabin. For example, aft balcony cabins usually have a B1 code because of their location.

This formula is how it works for NCL. Each cruiseline seems to have its own system.

If you get the chance to upgrade, it will be spelled out on the upgrade page. If you are currently in a balcony for example, and can bid on the Haven, you will see multiple choices along with different min and max bid ranges for each Haven category.

Thank you all. I was trying to figure out "if" I got an upgrade offer and I could go up two categories what type of Cabin I could get. This does help a lot.

I believe that the two categories that you can go up through the bidding system, are the main categories (inside, ocean view, balcony, mini-suite, non-Haven suite, Haven suite) and not within each category. At least that was the case on the two last cruises I did this year. I had originally booked an inside cabin for both cruises, and the upgrade offer for me was then possible for ocean view and balcony cabins.

I believe that the two categories that you can go up through the bidding system, are the main categories (inside, ocean view, balcony, mini-suite, non-Haven suite, Haven suite) and not within each category. At least that was the case on the two last cruises I did this year. I had originally booked an inside cabin for both cruises, and the upgrade offer for me was then possible for ocean view and balcony cabins.

I had a balcony this summer on breakaway and was allowed to bid on all the haven rooms plus minisuites.

I had a balcony this summer on breakaway and was allowed to bid on all the haven rooms plus minisuites.

So that means that regular suites and Haven suites are in the same category when it comes to upgrading - which is great! Main point in my post though, was that I believed that the original poster was wrong in assuming that the different types within each category meant something when being able to bid an upgrade for up to two cabin categories higher. :)