Live-ish. Indy Thanksgiving with my “sea family”

MattInFLL

Sorry to hear about your DR experience. The drink/bar situation in the DR seems to be getting worse. We had resigned our selves to carrying in 2 drinks if we eat in the the DR. I hope they get your reservation fixed for Giovanis. What are plans for Cozumel?? How was the spa?

The did the same for us recently on Harmony, scanned our card and asked for room number. Have a great day!

I enjoyed the spa. My therapist did not do the sales push. :) I had reflexology which is my fave. Pedicure tomorrow.

We are doing Nachi Cocum today. Got here early so our large group could get palapas together. We love Nachi. Clean and peaceful, good food and we are fine with their drinks.

Jarmo, Victoria is now in the Viking Crown. Alternating between Diamond Lounge and Olive or Twist. I’m not sure I’ve seen Nick or Adrian. Yesterday it was all women.

More thoughts:

Because there ended up being 14 of us, we tried to make it easy on our Chops waiter Shaymus from Turkey. He did the starters family style (and the sides) and we each ordered our main meal.

Everything was good. But the bacon appetizer is different. I always remember it having a sweeter glaze. It doesn’t anymore. Still good though, but preferred the old glaze. My 6 oz filet was cooked perfectly, and the truffle fries are tasty.

Today we had a little drama. Giovanni’s lost our reservation for tonight. Jacqui the diamond lounge concierge is great and really tried to fix it. But they have no tables tonight. And for some reason our MDR tables aren’t linked even though we all were linked before hand. Finally 6 of us were put together in MDR and they’re trying to get another table nearby.

We have a letter confirming our Gios rez tonight. So the maitre d’ is trying to do something for us the last night.

I excused myself from the drama and went and got a massage :)

Jackie and Victoria, our Diamond Concierge and Bar Attendant, are the ultimate representatives of Royal Caribbean. We were on the previous cruise that docked on Thanksgiving morning, and they, more than any other crew members, made our cruise special. If you can, we'd be so happy if you told them that Birthday Bob and wife Nancy send xoxo's, and have submitted our survey with glowing remarks to both. Thanks!

Matt...thanks for the great pics and review. And yes, no going off the ship to a hospital this year, please.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

It’s still the fastest I’ve ever cleared customs though. :)

But yes, no repeats, please.

Nachi was great. Something we learned this year - if you want premium alcohol or a stronger drink, just ask. They’re happy to accommodate. Also learned you’re not restricted to one meal. Our server Carlos (had him last year, too) was offering us more food all day. Taxis are $4-5 per person depending on how many you are fitting in. I would imagine a single has to pay at least double.

Tonight was a Windjammer dinner - plenty of selection and fairly tasty. They finally figured out our Giovanni’s snafu and confirmed us for tomorrow at 7. But we have heard of dinner reservation screw ups left and right. Something is amiss. Royal IT at work :)

Tonight is also 70s “dancing in the streets” on the Promenade followed by outdoor dance party in the solarium (yay!). My favorite event on the cruise. The deck party, not 70s. I’ve watched the village people look a likes enough :)

Jackie and Victoria, our Diamond Concierge and Bar Attendant, are the ultimate representatives of Royal Caribbean. We were on the previous cruise that docked on Thanksgiving morning, and they, more than any other crew members, made our cruise special. If you can, we'd be so happy if you told them that Birthday Bob and wife Nancy send xoxo's, and have submitted our survey with glowing remarks to both. Thanks!

Will do. This is my 4th cruise with Victoria. She’s a love. And I’ve only met jacqui this cruise, but she clearly cares. I don’t say that often about DL concierges.

Sheesh. Two of our party just joined us in the Pyramid lounge with our favorite bartender Sharon, and told us the following. They went to the MDR to their assigned table. Where they ate last night all alone (at an 8 top). I would have been next to them had I gone. A family took over both tables and told the waiter our friends could not sit there. So they were tableless. As I would have been. A supervisor finally came over and gave them a two top. But really, Royal. Get your act together ! And we’re all D+

Post party promenade - banner still up.

216f522d0a0bc083ada3af0653275f8e.jpg

I must be getting old. These long walks from front elevators to back elevators never used to bother me. Now it’s like the Twilight Zone where the hallway keeps getting longer and longer as you walk :)

5efe7334c07c256bd7aee54facf98799.jpg

And tonight’s towel animal mystery :)

0dd68da9f462c6a4db853a0c999befac.jpg

And I will post all compasses at some point.

Sheesh. Two of our party just joined us in the Pyramid lounge with our favorite bartender Sharon, and told us the following. They went to the MDR to their assigned table. Where they ate last night all alone (at an 8 top). I would have been next to them had I gone. A family took over both tables and told the waiter our friends could not sit there. So they were tableless. As I would have been. A supervisor finally came over and gave them a two top. But really, Royal. Get your act together ! And we’re all D+

What did royal do wrong in that scenario?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

What did royal do wrong in that scenario?

The supervisor approved it before hand. And considering all the dining reservation screw ups for us and many others, yes Royal has screwed up. Last night they overbooked Chefs Table and displaced a party. Sorry, but Royal has screwed up. And I tend to be a Royal apologist more than a critic.

The supervisor approved it before hand. And considering all the dining reservation screw ups for us and many others, yes Royal has screwed up. Last night they overbooked Chefs Table and displaced a party. Sorry, but Royal has screwed up. And I tend to be a Royal apologist more than a critic.

OK I was just curious based on the post I quoted didn't seem like they messed up.

I feel like I’m complaining a lot this cruise. I don’t usually. None of what I’ve reported has “ruined” the cruise. It’s still been fun, especially when surrounded by friends.

But this may be my last trip on Indy. Next year we’re thinking about 7 days on Symphony over T day week.

A little nit picking. I always do one stop at Johnny Rockets for the onion rings. I ordered a sprite. Whatever it was, it was not Sprite. The ranch dressing that comes with the rings? Not sure what that was either. It was very watery. My server was more than happy to correct these issues but odd such basics were off to begin with. The dressing that came back was thicker, but still not the usual tasty ranch. Ah well.

We are having windy overcast weather today so people are scrambling to find other things to do. It might be too chilly for the bellyflop. Or it will take some brave souls. :)

Check out the Labyrinth.

Labyrinth has been consistently busy this cruise. And staying open a bit later than usual.

Funnily enough the open deck dance party - which is no longer the Absolut 20/20 party- was not well attended. For those of you familiar with it, they didn’t even have the extra bars set up. There was no need. But after 1 am, Labyrinth was rocking.

Even more funny, made a new friend this cruise. He always sits in the first chair of the downstairs bar. And I always sit at the seat next to him. We were both on last year and in the same seats and talked to the same people and somehow never met. Strange.

Will do. This is my 4th cruise with Victoria. She’s a love. And I’ve only met jacqui this cruise, but she clearly cares. I don’t say that often about DL concierges.

Victoria is absolutely wonderful! and the more you get to know Jackie, the sweeter she becomes. Enjoy, and thank you SO much for relaying the message. :)