Silver Spirits Beverage Package & Alcohol Intolerance

angelhelly

I have a severe alcohol intolerance. The kind of if there is any trace of uncook alcohol in a dish, I will pass out in the next 10 min. So anything from Aged balsamic vinaiger, a lot of desserts, wine, beer is a no go. On Celebrity, I ussually get my free package downgraded to make sure I am not served alcohol even if I order a virgin drink.

Is there any possible way to get a waiver to be able not to have to buy the Silver Package for both people in a stateroom? My husband enjoy his wine and cocktails, but on a 11 day cruise, that's a lot of money to pay when you have to double up...

This topic has come up before, if there is any exceptions to the rule both people in a cabin must buy the Silver Spirits package. Never heard what was the answer. Maybe some one will post their results.

I would ask when you get on board at guest relations.

In the meantime, I would checkout the sample bar menu with prices on the Viking web site .

Also remember that wine, beer and sodas, are included for lunch and dinner. You can also bring wine, beer, and alcohol on board for your husband. Do the math and figure out what works for him.

there is not a non alcohol bverage package like on Celebrity.

My sister does not drink so she bought the NA premium package and I bought the regular Premium package on Celebrity.

Be sure tell Viking about your allergy.

I agree to contact Viking---perhaps have a letter from your physician.

Your DH will get complimentary wine and beer at lunch and dinner and can purchase additional cocktails. They look extremely reasonably priced.

And as stated previously, you are able to bring alcohol on board. So if he has, for example, a favorite scotch---he could bring it on board to supplement any wine or beer at meals.

First see if Viking will give you any leeway.

If they don't--carefully weigh if it is worth $40/day (cost for both of you to have SS package) for him to have premium wines (more choices at meals and upgraded wine pairings at Chefs Table) and cocktails, as well as you being able to have premium bottled water. I know I would pay at least $10/day to have my fizzy water fix!

Really depends on what each of you prefer to drink. If he is fine with the included wine/beer and neither of you want premium water, then maybe you can skip the package by bringing alcohol on board.

since you are asking about Viking I am assuming (shame on me) that you fit the Viking demographic, over 55. I laughing read on another site that it is common practice to tell the powers that be that you are PREGNANT and the "both passengers in the cabin " is waived!!! This of course was for no other reason than to be dishonest!!!

not your situation....maybe if you brought verification from your doc they would waive the rule!!!

since you are asking about Viking I am assuming (shame on me) that you fit the Viking demographic, over 55. I laughing read on another site that it is common practice to tell the powers that be that you are PREGNANT and the "both passengers in the cabin " is waived!!! This of course was for no other reason than to be dishonest!!!

not your situation....maybe if you brought verification from your doc they would waive the rule!!!

But then, there was a woman in the UK back in 1997 who gave birth at 59, so it is possible to fit the Viking demographic AND be pregnant! ;p