Norwegian Cruise Line Names Elvis Duran as Godfather of Norwegian Bliss

LauraS

[emoji23] so true. I guess they think everyone lives in NY. I lived in MA and AZ and have never heard of him.

I listen to both live and streaming radio but I still have never heard of him. I would never start streaming a DJ I had never heard before, voices I don’t know get channeled.

I have to agree this one has me scratching my head.

I had to look him up because I had no idea who he was. I thought he was probably a rap or country artist and this was just another sign that I'm hopelessly out of touch. He evidently has a regular gig on one of those morning shows like "Good Morning This Morning Today America" where news readers try to make us think they are regular people. But he's an old guy, not a young demo type of person. I work with a bunch of young people and I threw his name around and only one person had even heard it before ... because his mother (a former NYC resident) likes him. So now I don't feel too bad.

At least we won't have a rate increase to pay the Gawd-who-is-he?-Father of the ship!

All I see this announcement as was its coinciding to try and draw attention from the fact their about to be handed their own posteriors when the MSC Seaside arrives in Miami. MSC had a meeting with the Mayor of Miami and presented Miami with a gift of a ship replica of the Seaside. The same day they announced this guy as the Godfather, MSC took delivery of the Seaside (destined for Miami) and also announced an additional order and switch for ships. NCL should be trying to take away MSC's thunder because if MSC can fix their staffing issues... they'll show NCL how a ship should be built and run. Their ships are stunning where NCL has faltered on the Breakaway class and done even worse for the Breakaway-Plus. The next few years are going to be really interesting for NCL. With MSC increasing their presence in the North American market and once Virgin Cruises comes to town, NCL could have a real problem on their hands. :)

All I see this announcement as was its coinciding to try and draw attention from the fact their about to be handed their own posteriors when the MSC Seaside arrives in Miami. MSC had a meeting with the Mayor of Miami and presented Miami with a gift of a ship replica of the Seaside. The same day they announced this guy as the Godfather, MSC took delivery of the Seaside (destined for Miami) and also announced an additional order and switch for ships. NCL should be trying to take away MSC's thunder because if MSC can fix their staffing issues... they'll show NCL how a ship should be built and run. Their ships are stunning where NCL has faltered on the Breakaway class and done even worse for the Breakaway-Plus. The next few years are going to be really interesting for NCL. With MSC increasing their presence in the North American market and once Virgin Cruises comes to town, NCL could have a real problem on their hands. :)

This this this! Agree with 100% of what you said. MSC sure has some absolutely stunning ships.

This this this! Agree with 100% of what you said. MSC sure has some absolutely stunning ships.

I agree. The Seaside public areas look great. Their rooms seem to be a bit of a let down compared to renderings though. Suite sizes and decor need to improve.

The new combined YC lounge and restaurant plus outside seating areas look great on Seaside.

That's not how godfather/godmother of a ship works. It's usually a famous person. Back in the day, it sometimes was the wife of a shipping company exec.

This guy can't be that famous, most of this thread, including me, have never heard of him!